jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR & Thanks

Okay I finally have a bit of time to write my AAR.

First special thanks to the following people.

Clif45 for bring 6 more sheets of plywood so we could donate to the range.
    @Clif were you able to collect enough $ for more plywood for the next one?

Melensdad for bring the grill and hot dogs! I don't care what diet/exercise plan I'm on those hot dogs are the BOMB! LOVE THEM!!!

Wild Deuce for bring the canopy. Our food would have gotten major wet without that canopy! It's saved our bacon.

Everyone who came and brought toys for everyone else to play with.

---
    AAR

I got there around 10:05AM CST and the range was packed! 100, 200, and 50 yard benches were full with a few openings left. The 25 yard had 2 groups already there (non-INGO). We managed to scare them away with the AK noise as there were shooting .22s. :)

The weather was nice until around 3PM when it started to rain but the rain was coming down lightly and did not really bother us too much.

In talking with the DNR guys they said that OCT/NOV are their busiest time since it's right around the hunting time and lots of people are sighting their rifles. So we may have to deal with the crowds next time as well.

Personal thanks to Gunbunnies for helping me sight the 10/22 with the Tech Sights. Sadly the best we were able to do was groups 1" from the center of target to the right. We tired federal and Remington .22 but suspect that either it's just me. :rolleyes: Guess I'll try again next month. Really annoyed with this.

The shottys got a lot more range time than usual this time around. IN part because the backstops were already badly messed up when we got there so we figured by the end of our time we would help those backstops even more. :D GB brought some 3.5" shells and well it was a BLAST!

I think everyone got to go "gangster" for a bit and shot Andy's Hi-Point sideways for a bit. That gun is a brick but it shoots nice for such a low price point gun. Maybe next time we will see it "bejeweled".

A wide variety of revolvers were present as well as were several 10/22s.

My new Ruger charge 3 worked OK (minus the pulling back on the bolt: hard to do). More on that here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._firearm_back_to_ruger_via_which_carrier.html

The TECH SIGHTs on the 10/22 are well worth it. My other 10/22 with the std sights I think got 12 rounds put thru it as me and my sister tended to migrate towards the TECH SIGHT one. So much easier to see the target with it. Now just need to get TECH SIGHTs for the newer 10/22.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Best thing about all these pictures with me in them is that now I can see that I lean back too much when shooting. And I forgot my eyes a bit too much...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom