Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No melting 1911's they are sacred....

Long gun's are OK for the foreigners, I mean Illinois people... I think that whole thing goes back to the way Indiana residents are mis-treated over at the illinois firing ranges, but I'm not 100% for sure of that...

Looks like there should be a good showing, if the weather holds for those that are effected by that...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    melensdad said:
    BTW, I will bring plenty of 45acp so if people want to shoot jediagh's pistol until it melts I think they can be accommodated :laugh:

It won't melt it's a 1911 made of steel unlike all those evil black plastic GLOCKs/XDms that others may bring. :D

Muzzle Flash

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Valpo
    Hello , I will try to stop by for a meet and greet . I'm transporting some guns sat. but I'll try to make a little detour and see you guy's. To bad your not going to be at J.P. , I'll be going down 421.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'll be unable to make it. I had anticipated coming back from Virginia a little earlier, but I just can't drag myself away...

Have a great time and I'll see some of you at the cigar store.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Why not ??? The govment has been doing it for years... BATFE ... Hhmmmm,

Alittle alcolhol, some tobacco, ah the firearms, and well why not mix some explosives into the mix, sounds like one heck of a party.... LOL...

Seriously, we probally shouldn't follow our govments party arrangements, lets leave the alcolhol and probally the explosives at home.. that just gives us the tobacco and the firearms, should be safe enough...

Jedi I can't find any of my 3 and 1 half inch 12 gauge shells, so I'll stop and get you a box from walmart on the way out... they really are something to put down that benelli... just loaded up 500 rounds of 9mm, gonna be a party tomorrow...

See you guys in the morning...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why not ??? The govment has been doing it for years... BATFE ... Hhmmmm,

Alittle alcolhol, some tobacco, ah the firearms, and well why not mix some explosives into the mix, sounds like one heck of a party.... LOL...

Seriously, we probally shouldn't follow our govments party arrangements, lets leave the alcolhol and probally the explosives at home.. that just gives us the tobacco and the firearms, should be safe enough...

Jedi I can't find any of my 3 and 1 half inch 12 gauge shells, so I'll stop and get you a box from walmart on the way out... they really are something to put down that benelli... just loaded up 500 rounds of 9mm, gonna be a party tomorrow...

See you guys in the morning...

GB I'll be taking 100 trap shooting SG shells, 50 00 buck (we can shoot it on the 50' yard range) and some slugs as well. Want the kid sister to shoot the heavier stuff after the smaller stuff since she wanted to see how it really felt. Who knows she might try Cliff's goose gun as well.

LOL!

BTW it's gonna be in the high 70s tomorrow until around 3PM then drops to low 70s with a 30% chance of rain. Rain goes to 50% chance by 7PM. So it looks like we are gonna have a good day! WOOT!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Packing up the car now.

I'm driving down with (Joe) GeronimoJoe85 and (Juan) 9mmJV. Oh and guns and hot dogs and the BBQ grill too.

(Terry) tem375 will not make it.

Decided to throw in a purple AR15 into the trunk with the other guns, just because I love sarcasm.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Final tally on guns I am bringing.

HANDUNGS:
    Para Warthog (compact 10 shot 1911/45acp)
    CZ75b (full size/9mm)
    Detonics ScoreMaster (full size 1911/45acp/extended 6" bushingless bull barrel)
    Detonics CombatMater (compact 1911/45acp)

RIFLES:
    AR15 - PURPLE Cav Arms, short barrel, 5.5" flash hider, 5.56 caliber
    AR15 - PINK Olympic Arms, Plinker Plus model, 22lr conversion kit installed
    AR15 - black/O.D., Alexander Arms, 24" stainless target barrel, 6.5 Grendel caliber

Juan will be bringing a Glock 34 and a probably a Taurus PT111

Joe is bringing a Puma 1911 in 22lr and probably a couple revolvers.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I am not going to make it today but I would like to come again another time. could somebody ask the guy, if I show up with tables and chairs could I drive back to load and unload?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    AR15 - PINK Olympic Arms, Plinker Plus model, 22lr conversion kit installed

WWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA The pink AR was broken. WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA

How am I suppose to impress the little mermaid if I can't practice on a PINK AR. LOL!!!!

Will post pics soon. Just got in and have major gun cleaning to do. Too many guns this time!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well, just got home. Put around 130 rounds through the Sig P226 .40 no problems, 40 rounds through the Hi-Point had a couple of hang ups with it but nothing major, Not a bad gun for couple hundred bucks. Went through 30 rounds each for the 2 Ruger GP100's very smooth and fun. Now we come to the S&W 500, I shot it once today, as did melensdad, 9mmJV, Jediagh, his wife and someone else I can't remember his name though. Clif45 around 10. And the winner, with a grand total of 18(maybe more) shots, GeronimoJoe85 and each one with a grin on his face that trying to describe using words would not do justice.
    I'm patiently awaiting for the pics and videos. :popcorn::ingo::popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I didn't have a great day today. Started out shooting one of my 6.5 Grendels and the groupings were about 1.5 MOA on the 200 yard range. I had a 10 shot group that looked like a string along the horizontal axis. This all using expensive AA 123gr Lapua target ammo. I shot a lot better with cheap Wolf ammo!

Then went to shoot my new to me Detonics ScoreMaster. The pistol is 1911 with a 6" heavy bushingless barrel and the gun shot well, the trigger was amazing, but the reloads didn't have enough powder to reliably cycle the action. Several reloads had bad primers and despite multiple strikes did not fire. (I didn't reload these, I purchased the reloads). The sights on the Detonics were set too high, once I got them dialed in it was easy to shoot reasonable groups at 75 feet.

Joe went to shoot my purple AR15 and the battery cover of the holosight snapped off. Looks like an easy fix with KrazyGlue will solve the problem but as that gun didn't have a set of BUIS installed that ended the shooting of that gun. -1 for Bushnell HoloSights.

On the bright side I smoked a nice CAO Black Mosaic cigar, amazingly good cigar, medium intensity with plenty of flavor and very smooth.

Now we come to the S&W 500, I shot it once today, as did melensdad. . .
    Interesting gun. I shot the heavier 500 grain flat point bullet, the recoil was obviously stiff but not harsh or snappy, rather dull and VERY heavy like catching a medicine ball. The trigger broke very clean and a bit earlier than I expected.

WWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA The pink AR was broken. WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
    Ah, no. The gun wasn't broken, the stupid plastic feed lips on the magazine were broken. . . -1 for BlackDog Magazines

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, cliff has pics. That is one nice piece. I figured the round count was about 20. I wasn't counting. I kept going "just one more" "just two more." I was waiting for Andy to say "I think you've shot enough."

I was over served.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I got there later than I wanted to but I did get to "see" almost everyone. I'm sorry if I didn't get to talk to everybody. I started out trying to de-bug my buddy's AR (promised him). I also wasn't sure if everyone was at the 25 yard line or spread out. The people we interacted with at the 50 and 100 were so friendly they could have been with us. When I did walk over to the 25, I was trying to figure out the formalities (being new and all).

Thanks for having us (my son was there too)!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom