• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the APR 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'll be there with the girlfriend and possibly a few other brand new, never shot before type folks (I'll keep you updated).
    I will bring
    Rifles:
    M1 garand, 30-06 (I will have some ammo)
    Mauser 98, 7.92x57 (I will have ammo, go nuts)
    Marlin model 60, .22lr (I will have ammo)

Pistols:
    Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, 38 special (I will have limited ammo)
    Smith & Wesson Model 66, 38/357 magnum (I will have limited ammo)
    Colt Huntsman, .22lr (I will have ammo)

If people are interested I will also bring:
    Mosin nagant 91/30, 7.62x54R
    Colt officers model .357 (think pre-python), 357 mag.
    Carcano carbine, 6.5x52
    Stoeger P-350, 12 GA.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm a solid maybe. I go back to work on the 9th and looks like I'll be on midnights. If I do make it I'll be unarmed as I'll be driving there straight from work(Illinois).

So yeah a deffinate maybe for me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm a solid maybe. I go back to work on the 9th and looks like I'll be on midnights. If I do make it I'll be unarmed as I'll be driving there straight from work(Illinois).

So yeah a deffinate maybe for me.

Andy, it is looking more and more likely for me to attend. If you want to meet up a day or two before the shoot you can give me your guns and I can take them for you so you'd have your own guns at the shoot. Just a thought.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Now to find out if I can get the day off...
    I should make it, call it a 90% chance because I will ask way ahead of time.

Got a whole bunch of ammo and a couple of speed loaders to test from cheaperthandirt.com a week ago (and some replacement clips :):), buying some upgrades like a better laser a 20 round magazine and a tactical-light for my rifle on this next paycheck.

I'll get condiments for the food (if there are any special offers let me know).

Yep, all in all I'm bringing: Zastava - M59/66 (7.62x39mm, will have plentiful of ammo), Charter Arms - Off Duty (.38 spl, will have ammo), some .22 lr & 45 acp ammo, ketchup, mustard, relish, cheese.

Should be fun, I'll mostly be working on mastering the handgun now that I'm good at using the rifle.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'll be there, maybe +1 or 2.
    Definitely bringing the Mossy 500 12 and the Marlin .22
    I might bring the CVA wolf BP.
    Food: I'll decide later

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now to find out if I can get the day off... I should make it, call it a 90% chance because I will ask way ahead of time.

What u r not going 2 bring facebook girl? :D

I'll be there, maybe +1 or 2.
    Definitely bringing the Mossy 500 12 and the Marlin .22
    I might bring the CVA wolf BP.
    Food: I'll decide later

Ammo status for the Moss and Marlin Bill? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    well as of now some things have come up.. i will no longer be able to make it, sry to anyone who wanted to shoot anything i was going to bring, im hoping to be able to make the next one.

[STRIKE]
    Ok there is a 95% chance ill be there, as long as nothing unexpected comes up before then. Ill be bringing:
    [/STRIKE]
    Rifles
    [STRIKE]
    AK47-7.62x39 (will have some 7.62x39 ammo)
    AMD-65,-7.62x39
    chinese sks-7.62x39
    mak90-7.62x39
    mosin m91/30-7.62x54r(will have some ammo)
    glenfield mod 60-.22lr(plenty of ammo)

And Ltch finally came in so...
    polish P64- 9x18mm mak (will have very little ammo)
    xd45 full size-45acp(will have some ammo)
    .22lr relolver- (will have plenty ammo)
    [/STRIKE]

Last edited:

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    What u r not going 2 bring facebook girl? :D

Her profile said she was engaged, and has 6 kids, the kid's aren't really the problem, the problem is that I don't know how many are his, so I didn't even try...
    Scratch that thought, apparently I'll just think of her father as another ammo thief from Gary:facepalm:

After that indecent I learned to keep closer tabs on my gear & keep my ammo on myself, or in a locked box...

nosrettab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    I'm in me and the girl will show up and possibly my friendm i got my ar with a ****load of ammo(5,45x39), mosin (7.62x54r) and my glock 23 i have a ****load of ammo for all of them. my friend might come out and i dont remember what he has all i can remember is a yugo ak and some sniper rifle

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Ill be there. Don't know what im bringing yet though, think it depends what strikes my fancy that morning.

Im guessing supressed UZIs in 9mm and 45acp, supressed AR in 5.56, maybe a saiga-12, and a supressed 10/22

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Ill be there. Don't know what im bringing yet though, think it depends what strikes my fancy that morning.

Im guessing supressed UZIs in 9mm and 45acp, supressed AR in 5.56, maybe a saiga-12, and a supressed 10/22

Ammo status, or preferences if we wanna bring some?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Ammo status, or preferences if we wanna bring some?

I have a bunch on order at the moment. Assuming it shows up before then I should have CASES of it. If others want to bring to shoot any/all if fine with me. Lead/reloads/whatever. Just no hot loads thru the suppressors for obvious reasons :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's great melensdad! Could you bring the PINK AR in .22 if possible. Would like my co-worker to try as many .22s as possible. She has only been once the to range (did not shoot; too scared) and has never been since.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That's great melensdad! Could you bring the PINK AR in .22 if possible. Would like my co-worker to try as many .22s as possible. She has only been once the to range (did not shoot; too scared) and has never been since.

You probably want me to bring a magazine that is not broken this time too :laugh:

1Pink-Rifle.jpg

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Man oh man I hope I can come out. I really need to do some shooting. Wife and I have a slew of new irons and really want to get blasting...4 new (to us) guns since last year...I'm going to work on my work schedule tonight

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Great picture/text, melensdad! :yesway:

I regret that I'll not be at this one ...the band has a gig on that Friday and Saturday, then a photo shoot (Ha, not like we're big stars or anything! ;)) the next day. I suggested doing the photos at the range, but that idea <wait for it> ...got shot down! HA! (where's my drummer with a flam when I need him?) ...okay, anyway, someone document the hot-dog toss, and shoot a few rounds for me.

BTW, I shot a friend's mosin today ...and am now taking donations for my "MRF" (Mosin Rifle Fund). Donations are tax-deductible ...clearly, I'm a not-for-profit organization! ;)

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    I have some bad news...

During Friday night on my way to work, a drunk driver knocked me off the road while I was going down highway 35 at 55mph, my car tumbled like a toy and was completely destroyed, I was bloodied and covered in dirt but still intact, I lost the lock for my work locker in the wreck, and the sheriff could only take me as far as my work.

I have minimal coverage and it wont cover anything, and the @$$ who did this to me got away.

As always, I was wearing my charter arms revolver, as I usually keep it in the trunk while at work (because McDonalds has strict anti-gun policies) and I no longer had a car, I opted to put it and the holster in a grocery bag and place it in a locker (now without a lock) with my coat on top, after my boss gave me a ride home I opened the bag to find that my revolver had been taken from the holster.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in the here and now as far as the stolen gun, or how I'm going to get to the meet & shoot...

Considering that I cant get to work I may as well already consider myself terminated, and the fact that I not only brought a firearm into work against policies, and the fact that some burger flipping $h!+ head ex-con stole that firearm leads me to wonder...
    Is the ATF going to castrate me for this as well? And will Ronald McDonald help to further mess me up in this f'ed up deed?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom