• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the APR 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I have some bad news...

During Friday night on my way to work, a drunk driver knocked me off the road while I was going down highway 35 at 55mph, my car tumbled like a toy and was completely destroyed, I was bloodied and covered in dirt but still intact, I lost the lock for my work locker in the wreck, and the sheriff could only take me as far as my work.

I have minimal coverage and it wont cover anything, and the @$$ who did this to me got away.

As always, I was wearing my charter arms revolver, as I usually keep it in the trunk while at work (because McDonalds has strict anti-gun policies) and I no longer had a car, I opted to put it and the holster in a grocery bag and place it in a locker (now without a lock) with my coat on top, after my boss gave me a ride home I opened the bag to find that my revolver had been taken from the holster.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in the here and now as far as the stolen gun, or how I'm going to get to the meet & shoot...

Considering that I cant get to work I may as well already consider myself terminated, and the fact that I not only brought a firearm into work against policies, and the fact that some burger flipping $h!+ head ex-con stole that firearm leads me to wonder...
    Is the ATF going to castrate me for this as well? And will Ronald McDonald help to further mess me up in this f'ed up deed?
    make sure you file a report with the police. The ATF should have nothing to do with it.
    Sounds like life just shafted you, I'm glad that you're ok and hope that all works out.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    No wait, 5 new guns to shoot. We will be there. I worked it out with my schedule. I'll have a few 1911s, some .22 rifles, my AK-47, and a couple of shotguns. If I can find some damn Krag ammo, I will bring that as well. I have a .44 Special I've never fired, but I don't know if I can swing another type of ammo right now.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    jediagh,

Please re-post the site with the spotting scope. I am interested in buying one (should have done it when you originally posted). I am looking around at a few.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have some bad news...

During Friday night on my way to work, a drunk driver knocked me off the road while I was going down highway 35 at 55mph, my car tumbled like a toy and was completely destroyed, I was bloodied and covered in dirt but still intact, I lost the lock for my work locker in the wreck, and the sheriff could only take me as far as my work.

I have minimal coverage and it wont cover anything, and the @$$ who did this to me got away.

As always, I was wearing my charter arms revolver, as I usually keep it in the trunk while at work (because McDonalds has strict anti-gun policies) and I no longer had a car, I opted to put it and the holster in a grocery bag and place it in a locker (now without a lock) with my coat on top, after my boss gave me a ride home I opened the bag to find that my revolver had been taken from the holster.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in the here and now as far as the stolen gun, or how I'm going to get to the meet & shoot...

Considering that I cant get to work I may as well already consider myself terminated, and the fact that I not only brought a firearm into work against policies, and the fact that some burger flipping $h!+ head ex-con stole that firearm leads me to wonder...
    Is the ATF going to castrate me for this as well? And will Ronald McDonald help to further mess me up in this f'ed up deed?

make sure you file a report with the police. The ATF should have nothing to do with it.
    Sounds like life just shafted you, I'm glad that you're ok and hope that all works out.

I would also highly recommend filing a police report as well. Make sure you have all the pertinent information ready (gun description, make, model, SN). I would also post about the theft as well as the information about the gun on INGO and other gun forums. Good luck and keep us posted.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Ill see if i can make it. work is consuming most of my free time.
    If i can make it ill bring my AR-15, G36, and colt 1991 compact.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    I would also highly recommend filing a police report as well. Make sure you have all the pertinent information ready (gun description, make, model, SN). I would also post about the theft as well as the information about the gun on INGO and other gun forums. Good luck and keep us posted.

Good news at last :)

The deputy sheriff who gave me a ride to work called me today to let me know that my revolver was in his car, and he did so right as I was walking into the sheriff's office to file a report about a stolen gun lol.

It was dark outside when he dropped me off that night, we couldn't see well, and I was still in shock from being in a rollover, he handed over the holster and I apparently just shoved what he gave me into a grocery bag without thinking weather or not the gun was in it.

So there is no crook on the street wielding my gun, and my insurance may be able to help me out a bit after all due to it being a hit and run. I no longer work for Ronald McDonald but I hated that f'ing job anyway... My luck is starting to look up, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Either I will have a replacement vehicle, or I will convince my neighbor to go, or I'll ask if anyone here is passing near my area and if they have an extra seat available for someone who has a gas stockpile in the garage and is willing to share some ;)...
    Any way about it, I WILL make it, I really need to blow off some steam with some lead slinging lol

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN

The deputy sheriff who gave me a ride to work called me today to let me know that my revolver was in his car, and he did so right as I was walking into the sheriff's office to file a report about a stolen gun lol.

Great news ...especially about recovering your revolver!

Also, you're right, there is something quite therapeutic and stress-reducing about slinging lead! :D

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

It was dark outside when he dropped me off that night, we couldn't see well, and I was still in shock from being in a rollover, he handed over the holster and I apparently just shoved what he gave me into a grocery bag without thinking weather or not the gun was in it.

So there is no crook on the street wielding my gun, and my insurance may be able to help me out a bit after all due to it being a hit and run. I no longer work for Ronald McDonald but I hated that f'ing job anyway... My luck is starting to look up, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Either I will have a replacement vehicle, or I will convince my neighbor to go, or I'll ask if anyone here is passing near my area and if they have an extra seat available for someone who has a gas stockpile in the garage and is willing to share some ;)...
    Any way about it, I WILL make it, I really need to blow off some steam with some lead slinging lol

If I was going, I would gladly help you out, but my mom has surgery the day before... Missing out on slinging lead to leave it at home while in chicago...

Good luck on getting a ride.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Im bringing my AR, Colt 1991 compact, Glock 36. My buddy is bringing his xd 45, ruger P95, AR, Taurus mod 85 and Taurus raging bull 44.

Gun runner might be attending as well if he has the day off and he is hoping to bring some items with built in ear protection as well.

As far as ammo goes I will have a case of 5.56 with me and will hope that any that would like to try my Ar out would help pitch in as far as my 1991 and glock 36 you will need to supply your own 45 ammo in order to give it a spin.

Last edited:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Put me down as a maybe. Will be bringing the usual XDm .40, S&W model 10 .38sp,
    Raven MP-25 (only for testing), 10/22, M&P 15, and my newest toys, a Sig p238 .380 and Benelli Supernova 28". Ammo for these will vary. I dont have much 380 as of right now, but give it time and I will get some more. 38 special I think i am low on. Everything else I am pretty good on, unless someone wants to shoot a lot.

But as of now it is a maybe. Mom goes for surgery on friday and depending on her outcome will depend on me appearing.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    :rockwoot:
    Do you know what you may be bringing so I can update the OP.

HK USP Compact stainless - may have limited amount of ammo
    Ruger Security Six stainless (maybe) - bring ammo

I work a 12 hour night shift and get off at 7:00, 10:00AM is a little rough for me. If I come I may not stay long, just would like to meet some new people!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I dont think I'm gonna be able to make this one either... The doc doesn't want me on my foot till after the first week of may.... Soooo I'll see you guys next month probably.

Cliff Wish you the best with your mom...

Somebody tear up some targets for me... please...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom