• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Investigators believe the impact of Cuevas running into the officer caused him to fire one round, striking the 20-year-old victim in the left shoulder, police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at a news conference.

Poor trigger discipline. The city will lose its butt on this one.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Mayor Bloomberg is always vocal about the evils of guns and the dangers of gun ownership.
    Seems he should extend his restrictive gunlaws to his own police force. That would at least lower much of the "gun violence" in his city.
    It would be interesting to know just how much training an average NYPD officer recieves.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So what you are saying is that Mayor Bloomberg should be more concerned with the training of his police officers rather than illegally buying guns in other states, clamping down on big slurps, worrying about women breast feeding, salt in food, transfats and whatever his most recent attempt at social engineering.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Obviously I am not a LEO. Can someone explain why the Officer would be standing right by the door with armed assailants possibly just inside? I am not criticizing, just seeking information.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    Not an accident watch the video the cop panicked shot the guy then landed on top of him still pointing a weapon. Remember brought to you by the same department that turned a single murder into a national story about a mass shooting when the cops shot 9 people

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Not an accident watch the video the cop panicked shot the guy then landed on top of him still pointing a weapon.
    That makes it not an accident? If it's not an accident you're saying he meant to shoot the guy?

Negligence does not make it purposeful.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    the guy did not run into the cop.. he ran past him.. cop shot him..
    The last few seconds of the clip it sure looks like he ran into him. Maybe not enough to cause the shot, but with the first guy running out and motioning into the store, the cop seems to have turned to go in, ran into the guy and shot him. Probably thought he was the assailant with the other guy pointing in. Seems to me as a "they're in there," type of gesture. We'll never know without the audio

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    He was not Bowled over. Looks like Cop Panicked to me. The stance and the position at the end shows body control. And Fluid drop with weapon in the ready the entire trip. Accident, I do not think so. Negligence , most definitely. But I wasn't there. I think if it were to go to a Jury The officer is done. But I doubt that will happen.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    That makes it not an accident? If it's not an accident you're saying he meant to shoot the guy?

Negligence does not make it purposeful.
    That is exactly what I am saying , he unholsterd his gun put his finger on the trigger and pointed it at another human being , which one of those actions are you saying was an accident?

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    The part where he pulled the trigger on a non-BG.
    So he didn't purposely pull the trigger? What does he have a muscle disorder where his finger do what they want? Bottom line it took a finger to pull the trigger and if you can't control your actions maybe you shouldn't have a gun let alone be a police officer

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    So he didn't purposely pull the trigger? What does he have a muscle disorder where his finger do what they want? Bottom line it took a finger to pull the trigger and if you can't control your actions maybe you shouldn't have a gun let alone be a police officer
    Ok.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yikes! That's not accidental.

With the video we are likely arguing Reckless Homicide vs. Knowingly or Intentional.

He shot him from retention. He meant to do it.

Look at him dance around. He is amped up and does not know what to do, so he gets the gun out. People that act like Officer Happydance do not shoot because there is a threat, they shoot to make themselves feel better.

We shall see if this turns into the BART case or if NYPD's political influence prevents a prosecution. Wait and see.

Top Bottom