• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    big oakley fan. Currently wear either a set of Wiretaps (discontinued) or a new set of polarized Flak jackets w/ XLJ lenses (also polarized). I use the Flak Jackets for shooting and love them. The other thing I like about the jackets is the ease (and availabilty) of the lenses.

next pair will definitely be a pair of x-metal half-x at some point.

sorry, no pics ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    My Tightropes came in today. Felt good to be back in polarized Oakleys.

The Flak Jackets are on a 3-week backorder, so I'm waiting patiently.

I think I need to take another trip downtown to the Oakley Store to find some sturdier cases.

thanks Evan, you are now going to cost me money. So is this an actual Oakley store? closest one I knew of was in Gernee Mills which Ive only been two one time and I walked out poor. Now there is one 1.5 hours away..... thats dangerous.

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    I have a pair of Flak Jackets that I love as well as an older pair of Straight Jackets that I've had for over 14 years (and can't believe I haven't lost/broken). The purchase hurts initially, but they really can last.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I've been rocking the Polarized Batwolfs lately, I love 'em!
    Bought 'em from a friend for $33 too..all the money I had in my wallet at the time

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I've considered attempting to become a dealer, but I understand it is rather hard to get....

I have a set of M-frames with three lenses. Smoked, clear, and then sme discontinued shooter's array. Makes red stick out like a sumina*****.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

I got a chance to wear my new Tightropes while on a 4-mile dayhike yesterday. They were comfy all day, looked good, were super clear and sharp, and minimized glare. I love 'em!

4p9hu.jpg

When I got home this afternoon I saw that my friendly neighborhood UPS man had delivered my Flak Jackets. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Safety glasses & goggles at rock bottom prices! - Jackson Safety Glasses

You can get about 20 pair of these for the price you will spend on oakleys! You are really just paying for the O! I had a pair of oakleys for a day and then posted them here for sale and went back to the Nemesis!!

Pass on the flea market specials. There is certainly more that goes into the cost of Oakleys aside from the marketing.

That being said I tend to buy my Oakleys at the outlet stores if at all possible. They normally have a section of final sale glasses. They are basically styles that have been sent to stores in the mall and then returned to Oakley. They are in perfect shape most of the time and are significantly cheaper than new ones. Like half the price or less.

I bought three pairs from there and all are perfect. I am not sure on the models but they were all from $70-$80 ish.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    UPDATE

I got a chance to wear my new Tightropes while on a 4-mile dayhike yesterday. They were comfy all day, looked good, were super clear and sharp, and minimized glare. I love 'em!

4p9hu.jpg

When I got home this afternoon I saw that my friendly neighborhood UPS man had delivered my Flak Jackets. :rockwoot:
    Maxpedition condor II pack?

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I priced some prescription Oakley sun glasses at this local eye doc and he quoted me at 520.00 I about crapped my parents. Anybody have any good leads on where I could get a pair. I hear ossip has tons of Oakley so I'm goin to check it out.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I priced some prescription Oakley sun glasses at this local eye doc and he quoted me at 520.00 I about crapped my parents. Anybody have any good leads on where I could get a pair. I hear ossip has tons of Oakley so I'm goin to check it out.

If you are military, Law Enforcement, etc, you can go on
    https://secure.usstandardissue.com/
    They have some great deals on there. Or you could always get the frames, and order replacement lens, cause i have never heard of Oakleys costing anywhere near that amount. Even prescription, with polarization and anything else with it didnt come to that amount when I looked them up

Top Bottom