• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    That, too. My wife is switching insurance carriers as she's started a new job. The new job has $500 to spend on new glasses/sunglasses. I've got until December 31 to find a pair. Looking for some shooting glasses. I'm thinking Fuel Cells, but those are more fashion than protection.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would go with either Flak Jacket XLJ or Fast Jacket XLJ. They offer great coverage for shooting and are stylish enough for when your not. Another option for shooting only (only because I wouln't wear the ugly things anywhere else) is either the Radars or M-frames with multiple lenses, clear, yellow, tinted, etc. The one advantage the M-frames might have is they make them in a Z87.1 safety rated lenses.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Since this thread was brought back up it seems like a good time to give an update.

I've been wearing my Flak Jackets daily since I got them. The Tightropes really haven't seen much action. It's not that they're not nice, but the Flak Jackets really go well with just about any occasion.

People often ask "What's the difference between the $150 Oakleys and my $20/30/40 sunglasses?" It's a great question. And here's what I've found.

The lens quality on my Flak Jackets is unlike anything I've experienced before. Even after 9 months of continuous use they are still crystal clear. I've only cleaned them or wiped them down a couple times and that was due to them having rain on them. With other sunglasses they quickly become fingerprinted and scratched-- not so with these Oakleys. They resist all manner of dirt, sweat, fingerprints, and fog. It's crazy. I'm genuinely surprised that they look as good as they do.

I'm a fan.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    New glasses are on my agenda at the start of the year. We put an extra $2000 in tax saver benefits, and I plan on putting a good part of this toward new glasses that will be dual purpose for everyday and shooting glasses.

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    Before you buy be sure to check out the Maui Jim's. I've had 4 pais and they rock, any damage you get and send in for repair usually ends up getting you new ones.

ThatsTheOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Monroe County
    I've been wearing them for several years now. One thing I really like about them (or the ones I own) is the breakaway frames. I can't tell you how many times they should have been broken due to getting stepped on or chewed on by the dog.

Last edited:

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I've been rocking Oakleys since 1990, and don't have anything bad to say about them. Check out the M-Frames for shooting. Great selection of lenses and colors for all light conditions. I usually go with clear sweep lenses for MTB and shooting activities. Hearing protection fits over them well with minimal discomfort.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Best prescription sunglasses ever!

Think I may get a set of clear lens to wear everyday.

418066_10151235680143528_414174469_n.jpg

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I really wanted a pair of Desert Gascans like others had but I'm not qualified for then. I went ahead and grabbed a pair of white framed ones with Emerald Iridium Polarized ones.

I think I'm going to grab a pair of ESS or Revisions for the Range as they have multiple color uses.

Top Bottom