• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Newsradio 1140 WRVA is covering this event live. .GOV was supposed to provided the ability to connect to & broadcast the speakers for this event, but for some reason that feed has been shut down...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm watching a feed on dlive now, but it keeps cutting out, and they keep interrupting the speaker.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube_share;Z8viT3g0FkM]https://youtu.be/Z8viT3g0FkM[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Read that at least 6k inside the fenced area around the statehouse, at least another 16k in the surrounding streets. Not a shot fired... Color me surprised.

I looked at the dimensions of that fenced in area on Google Maps. I'd estimate that it was close to 20K sq ft, but difficult to tell by comparing a map which didn't have the people in it, to video footage of the boundaries. Density looked like 2.5 ft/person. They were packed in there like sardines. So that's 8K. There were at least that many on the capital grounds, probably more. Plus more people inside the buildings lobbying. Plus the people in the streets (16K is a reasonable estimate). And then there was the information in the video that there were still a ton of people at the bus staging area.

There were a lot of people open carrying, and probably some carrying concealed. I think it's not unreasonable to say maybe at least half the people on the streets were carrying firearms. So maybe 8-10K with weapons. And no shots. No issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Read that at least 6k inside the fenced area around the statehouse, at least another 16k in the surrounding streets. Not a shot fired... Color me surprised.

From my understanding, firearms weren't allowed in the fenced in area. It sucks, but I'm glad no one pushed the issue. They should pursue this in court to make sure it doesn't happen again.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The King in Braveheart wasn't locked in his castle. I think he's talking about his nephew in York whose head he got in a basket.

You are right, we must discount the patriot because he made a mistake.

You are always right.

I am amazed that you spend so much time pointing out every mistake anyone makes.

You are the great and mighty arbiter of all things internet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are right, we must discount the patriot because he made a mistake.

You are always right.

I am amazed that you spend so much time pointing out every mistake anyone makes.

You are the great and mighty arbiter of all things internet.

You got offended over a lighthearted comment I made about the video? Like really? And it was not an attempt to discount "the patriot." Everything else, ok, ok, you're right.... but next time capitalize the G in "Great," and the M in "Mighty."

Top Bottom