• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's funny. People see the "public" side of members' posts and think the staff draconian when someone is removed. I'm reminded of the "Greater Internet F***wad Theory", wherein a "normal" person, that is, someone who gets along perfectly well in day-to-day real life, given an audience and anonymity, becomes a rude, annoying, distasteful person- a troll, in other words. Note that I'm not using this to refer to any members here, past or present, only citing the image that was drawn.

With that said, we have had members here who have displayed behavior patterns that bring that to mind. We had one who went all over the board, posting images of an erect penis. That's an extreme example, of course; most are not so blatant. But to say we have had trolls here is not an overstatement, nor is it to say that some have gone out of their way to troll the staff. At least one of those mentioned upthread had this annoying habit of coming right up to "the line", stepping a toe onto it, but not a picometer "over the line", and then claimed oh-so-innocent when called on it. It was obvious, and we debated many times. Various staff members were at different times advocating the point that said person did not violate any stated rule. At that point, it became clear to all of us that the pattern of behavior was definable and intentional, and we came to a decision that said person would be warned and further repetition would result in his departure. This took literally years, far longer than it should have, and speaking for myself, I'm ashamed that I had a part in how long it took, but not in the fact that at times, I stood as I did for patience with the person. I don't blame any of the other staff for doing the same. I can say that such forbearance is not likely to last so long on future occurrences, may they not happen.

Being here is just like a job. Most of the time, no one can get you fired (or banned) except you.

Now, back to Virginia.

Blessings,
    Bill

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Perhaps some kind of Runic font would be less ambiguous when you wished to speak 'Ex Hammerthedra' ... err, to the governor in Richmond :whistle:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Perhaps some kind of Runic font would be less ambiguous when you wished to speak 'Ex Hammerthedra' ... err, to the governor in Richmond :whistle:

Speaking to Northam? I like that idea. Do they have a font called GFY Bold?

Please PM me the link to it, if so. I doubt such would be allowable on the open board.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Speaking to Northam? I like that idea. Do they have a font called GFY Bold?

Please PM me the link to it, if so. I doubt such would be allowable on the open board.

They do, but all the I's look like an erect penis. You don't even want to know what the V's look like.

Top Bottom