• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe Obama wants to send that stuff to 3rd world countries. Hey, let's send the stuff to Iraq, so ISIS can eventually get a hold of them.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    From the news blips I caught on the radio today, it sounded a lot more like one of those "feel good" moves that means little to nothing in the long run. The ban on armored vehicles mentioned "tracked" vehicles (which I've never seen in the cities where I have lived) but would obviously not include MRAPS or other armored vehicles. The ban also mentioned bayonets & grenade launchers. I have never seen cops with bayonets or grenade launchers.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Indeed, but he was not the first President to do that. America has a fairly established history of creating its own demons.:rolleyes: Almost all of the WMDs that we searched for in Iraq were supplied to Saddam by the U.S.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So when was the last time that someone shot by the police (justifiably or unjustifiably) was shot and killed with a "grenade launcher" or a .50 cal weapon? And how many people have been bayonet-ed to death by police?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Maybe Obama wants to send that stuff to 3rd world countries. Hey, let's send the stuff to Iraq, so ISIS can eventually get a hold of them.

Ya know, there could be a reason why in the places where we won the war, we don't leave (at least not real soon). The ROK has a very capable military today and did when I was at Taegu 22 years ago. If we'd have rolled on down to Pusan and loaded everything and everyone on boats in 1961? That would be a very different place.

The reason we stay: protect the hard-earned gains and our investment, which was in blood and money.

This has been a threadjack. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So when was the last time that someone shot by the police (justifiably or unjustifiably) was shot and killed with a "grenade launcher" or a .50 cal weapon? And how many people have been bayonet-ed to death by police?

Ya'll use them for teargas and non-lethal. I know that, ain't no LEOs fragging the public with M203s or M79s. I think MOST people know that too. ISP flying an F-15? Please! Bayonets? Don't even know where to begin.

This doesn't address why federal entities such as NOAA have SWAT teams, hhhmmmm.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Indianapolis had an armored car in the 1930s. Yet somehow the MRAP and "militarization" debate continues despite 80 years of...what, exactly?

Look at pictures of cops in the 20s and 30s when the organized gang was on the rise and you're likely to see Tommy guns and a BAR or two. I'm still not sure why this is an issue all of a sudden. The Alex Jones mentality of the gov't is just about to get you as soon as you blink, I suppose.

Back in the 20s and 30s we could buy a Tommy gun or a BAR at the local hardware store if we wanted one.

I'm not a huge fan of the present police militarization movement. That's why we have the national guard.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Oh, well, I agree that should be so, but except for variations in state laws, how is it not so? The only thing that prohibits a citizen from having the same weapons as police - aside from state laws like the former Indiana law prohibiting short barreled shotguns - is money and a background check. Automatic weapons are available for sale to civilians, albeit horrifically expensive, as are armored cars.

$25,000 to the public for a Colt M16 (limited supplies) or $600 for any government backed agency with unlimited supply. I'd hardly call that parity. Not to mention everything else considered small arms that has been deemed above us.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That fact that ANYONE thinks this changes anything cracks me up. He is not disarming the PD and he is not "demilitarizing" the police (forgetting the debate on whether we are even militarized). He is banning tracked armor, weaponized aircraft, grenade launchers, bayonets, and camo uniforms...oh noooooo

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    To me this is an idiotic move by Commiebomma that infers that somehow the Police are responsible for the "riots" by being equipped with "scary" military equipment. This is complete stupidity. If anything the cause of the riots are caused by the politicians, due to many factors. Some of these factors deal with our "justice" (sic) system, welfare programs and many other liberal causes. If I or anyone, regardless of race, engages in Arson, breaking into and destruction of private property, throwing (potentially deadly) missiles such as rocks and bottles, destruction of vehicles etc., I would expect to be either shot or on the wrong side of bars for a goodly portion of my (then worthless) life.

The police especially in major cities should have the equipment necessary to protect themselves and the law abiding citizens while safely quelling any violent riots in as short of time as possible. Certainly everyone in the USA has the right to PEACEFULLY assemble and protest anything they desire. When this assembly becomes violent, the police (and citizens) should have the equipment to end it immediately regardless to injury or death to the violent offenders.

IF and when, after a thorough, unbiased investigation, police are found to have committed illegal acts causing injury or death to citizens, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, possibly even more than non-police citizens, as they are trained, given more power then ordinary persons and are paid and entrusted to use those powers to protect people and property by arresting those responsible for illegal acts.

In no way do I see any correlation between the riots and the fact the police have some military equipment. In Baltimore during the violent riots it certainly appeared the police were ill equipped to deal with the violence. I would have liked to seen Abram tanks used if necessary (with active 30 cal guns), so the police could have been safe while dealing with the violent criminal element present.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

PoliceOne admits that the hold on camo, weaponized helos and tracked vehicles will not affect police departments but calls the program "eviscerated"? Umm, ok. Denny is right, nothing substantial has changed.

And the entitled tone of the author is hard to bear. PoliceOne is not shy about demanding presidential intervention in local law enforcement. The way he defines "deserve" is identical to the progressives.

"So, Mr. President, you can have your tracked-vehicles (they’re loud, hot, smelly, and*just chew up the pavement anyway) and*your MRAPs. How will you help agencies get funding to obtain the protection they need and deserve?"

So the feds are going to take back gear? Door to door?

This should be interesting...

Start with blue state police forces, mr. president, I'm sure they'll roll right over on this.

DoD Program 1033 equipment is still owned by the DoD. It is on loan, with strings attached. A recall was part of the original agreement and not a surprise. This dates back to the 1990s.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom