• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Clearly the intent is to facilitate emcomm. The .gov relies on amateur radio for this. Our HOA can not restrict a TV antenna does it make sense to restrict a similar antenna that could be used during an emergency like this last 91 mph windstorm or that ice storm 3 years ago?

I will run it up the flag pole and let you all know how it goes.

Good luck with that.

Trying to convince them of the error of their ways is one thing. Thinking you have solid legal grounds for violating an agreement of mutual consent is something else. Because you don't.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly but the trend is leaning towards allowing this. The FCC is currently looking at applying the same standard to radio antennas as they do to TV and satellite dishes. Which is no HOA restrictions for reasonable height to all allow reception/transmission.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly but the trend is leaning towards allowing this. The FCC is currently looking at applying the same standard to radio antennas as they do to TV and satellite dishes. Which is no HOA restrictions for reasonable height to all allow reception/transmission.

Can I have a storage shed or a tree house? Can I park an rv outside?

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Here is the MO for seemingly ANY thread put on INGO announcing something controversial in which the government is engaged.

• Denial
    • "The other side of the aisle did the same thing and no one complained then!"
    • Be accused of needing to wear a tinfoil hat
    • Some minor detail (a typo perhaps) will cause one to render the whole article as being inaccurate
    • Alex Jones = conspiracy theory (ever notice the first word after 'conspiracy' is always 'theory?' (I guess there never has been nor will there ever be a conspiracy))

IMHO, some people are happy with the blue pill.

picture.php

If you would like to bring more to the cause trying to convince people the banks rule the world Isn't going to help anything.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    None of the big American-based propaganda networks even bothered to cover the story; which is common for stories like these. Americans' attention is being diverted elsewherejust like when the NDAA was signed.

If you don't like RT, that's fine. I'm pretty blown away by that ZDNet article you posted though. Do you share these opinions of the Executive Order??

After praising the order as a "good thing," the article goes on to say foreign news outlets, including the Canadians, are "naysaying American progress." :n00b:

There is no story to cover. This was a typical update of exiting infrastructure, likely hastened by the past months weather and the East coast being without power for a week. This is the same hysteria RT tried to whip up during the test of the EBS. "Obama takes control of your TV!!!!!".

You are correct. I do not like Russia Today, and quite frankly, I am confused by your adoration. It is fully owned and funded by the Russian government. If you have been watching those "big American based propaganda networks" lately, you may have seen that the Russians are getting awfully cozy with people who want to kill you. The entire point of RT is to foment dissent within the US, and it seems as you have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. It certainly isn't interested in delivering the truth to Americans in order to allow them to make informed decisions. RT is know as a stooge for Putin worldwide. Do you think Putin is concerned about your liberty?

Finally, if the US media outlets are propaganda, as you called them earlier, what would call a news outlet fully owned, staffed, and funded by the Russian government?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    So you want your antenna but won't let others have what they want.

Show up make your case, vote. I am ok with the outcome. About every HOA board needs members its a crappy job. Want to make changes you could be a board member and use your influence. I will bring this up in a reasonable logical way. If it does not go my way, I will send some emails to state reps and that will be the end of it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Show up make your case, vote. I am ok with the outcome. About every HOA board needs members its a crappy job. Want to make changes you could be a board member and use your influence. I will bring this up in a reasonable logical way. If it does not go my way, I will send some emails to state reps and that will be the end of it.

My country mile has 4 houses. My 3 mile block perimeter has 3 houses. You can keep your HOA. I just find it humorous when someone wants something forbidden by their HOA but won't hesitate to beat their neighbors about the head over HOA violations.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My country mile has 4 houses. My 3 mile block perimeter has 3 houses. You can keep your HOA. I just find it humorous when someone wants something forbidden by their HOA but won't hesitate to beat their neighbors about the head over HOA violations.

Well, to be fair, it's not exactly beating neighbors over the head with it if those same neighbors voluntarily acquiesced to the restrictions.

And at least sailor is approaching this the right way: petition the HOA and ask for the permission and/or rule change instead of stomping his feet and complaining about it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

"I’m not going to read, click through, or listen to anything from Alex Jones" because I am an open minded, tolerant liberal.
    -level.eleven

This is rich. You use a portrait of Hitler/Stalin/Lenin to convey your believes about Obama but get your news from a state controlled, Soviet throw-back network.

You are the definition of a useful idiot.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There is no story to cover. This was a typical update of exiting infrastructure, likely hastened by the past months weather and the East coast being without power for a week. This is the same hysteria RT tried to whip up during the test of the EBS. "Obama takes control of your TV!!!!!".
    EBS is BS too. Not only can the Feds take over privately owned communication infrastructure, they can take over privately run media outlets. I think this is worth having a debate over. Its authoritarian and unnecessary. Look how quickly and efficiently the news of OBL's death was spread around. I just don't agree that the Feds need or should have these kind of powers.

You are correct. I do not like Russia Today, and quite frankly, I am confused by your adoration. It is fully owned and funded by the Russian government. If you have been watching those "big American based propaganda networks" lately, you may have seen that the Russians are getting awfully cozy with people who want to kill you. The entire point of RT is to foment dissent within the US, and it seems as you have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. It certainly isn't interested in delivering the truth to Americans in order to allow them to make informed decisions. RT is know as a stooge for Putin worldwide. Do you think Putin is concerned about your liberty?

Finally, if the US media outlets are propaganda, as you called them earlier, what would call a news outlet fully owned, staffed, and funded by the Russian government?
    I don't think I have found a network that is propaganda-free every time. Some are worse than others and some have different slant than others. None can be taken completely as truth. But unless I'm going to become a blogger and write my own stories, I'll continue to share stories on an article-by-article basis. Sometimes I pull news from Fox News, the Huffington Post, Reason, or even RT. They all have disappointed me at times, certainly. Right now I'm disappointed that there is so much silence when the Secretary of Homeland Security is being granted new powers.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    EBS is BS too. Not only can the Feds take over privately owned communication infrastructure, they can take over privately run media outlets. I think this is worth having a debate over. Its authoritarian and unnecessary. Look how quickly and efficiently the news of OBL's death was spread around. I just don't agree that the Feds need or should have these kind of powers.

I don't think I have found a network that is propaganda-free every time. Some are worse than others and some have different slant than others. None can be taken completely as truth. But unless I'm going to become a blogger and write my own stories, I'll continue to share stories on an article-by-article basis. Sometimes I pull news from Fox News, the Huffington Post, Reason, or even RT. They all have disappointed me at times, certainly. Right now I'm disappointed that there is so much silence when the Secretary of Homeland Security is being granted new powers.

That isn't how EBS works. In order to broadcast, you must have an EBS device in your stack that is accessible to the appropriate authorities in the event of an emergency. If you want to have a debate about whether or not the NWS can interrupt a broadcast to tell you to take shelter because your home is about to be leveled by a tornado, I guess we can. Lets include the residents of Henreyville in this debate, if you don't mind. It has been this way for many, many years. Of course, that is never an excuse to dismiss a debate, but I think the results speak for themselves. I also see no problem with Bob and Tom being interrupted to inform Americans that our nation is under attack by theocratic fascists and proper safety and vigilance will be important for the immediate future. This isn't a system out of 1984 were the supreme leader cuts in on all broadcasts to deliver newspeak. If it comes to that, I will be right there beside you. But for now, I have no problem with using technology to our advantage to put as information into the hands of fellow citizens should a natural disaster or other catastrophic event occur.

Your example of OBL's news spreading so fast doesn't add to your argument. The reason the news spread so fast is because we were operating with 100% infrastructure. Everyone had power, water, food, internet access, you name it. The system was functioning, thus everything flowed smoothly. Now, take out 1/3 of the nations power, cell phones, and internet and run the same scenario.

You can continue to use RT as a source. I will continue to point out the gaping flaw in your logic. I think you are smarter than this though. By spreading RT as a source, you are empowering your actual enemy.

No new power was created with this EO. There are few new panel positions, but now new executive power.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Best example I can think of is a case several years ago in which the covenant on the property forbade selling to a black. It went to court and the covenant went straight to the trash can based on a private contract not being sufficient to contradict state and federal laws against discrimination even though the contract predated the applicable laws. It seems remarkably similar in nature so far as application of the law is concerned, so if there is a conflict with federal law I would expect that portion of the HOA to be nullified when it hits court.

Modern contracts don't include things like that. That would be illegal, and not a valid contract, because it's discriminatory based on protected class.

I go to the meetings, I am the guy who helps when volunteers are needed. I am the guy who knocks on your door at 10pm and reminds you that you left your garage door open. I am the guy who started a Facebook page to help with communications for the hood. When I make reasonable suggestions they get heard.

I will say that the laws are already there for local governments and many states already have laws applying to HOA's maybe we should change our bylaws now to allow a reasonably sized antenna. An HOA can not restrict a TV antenna by law now that we are all digital btw.

If that does not work I can lobby state reps.

None of that really explains how you would fight a legal, valid contract you entered into of your own accord, agreeing to their restrictions/covenants.

edited:

Clearly the intent is to facilitate emcomm. The .gov relies on amateur radio for this. Our HOA can not restrict a TV antenna does it make sense to restrict a similar antenna that could be used during an emergency like this last 91 mph windstorm or that ice storm 3 years ago?

I will run it up the flag pole and let you all know how it goes.

Got it. You'll try to convince them to change the terms of the contracts, rather than *fight* them over it. That's entirely different, and more power to you. But it's not legal basis to fight the contract you entered into. Maybe I misunderstood what you said initially.

Top Bottom