ECI
    thumbnail.aspx

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Modern contracts don't include things like that. That would be illegal, and not a valid contract, because it's discriminatory based on protected class.

None of that really explains how you would fight a legal, valid contract you entered into of your own accord, agreeing to their restrictions/covenants.

Got it. You'll try to convince them to change the terms of the contracts, rather than *fight* them over it. That's entirely different, and more power to you. But it's not legal basis to fight the contract you entered into. Maybe I misunderstood what you said initially.

Regardless of the particulars, I cannot imagine any HOA trumping federal law to the contrary.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    People, we need to get the vote out in November. I know, I know, I am not a Mittens fan either, but I really can't see him doing this. On the other hand, I can see Mr. Obama doing this with bells on.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I know, I know, I am not a Mittens fan either, but I really can't see him doing this. On the other hand, I can see Mr. Obama doing this with bells on.
    That's just the thing. I have no doubt in my mind that Romney would sign this. On National Security, he doesn't flip-flop. He supports neocon positions right down the line, and always has. He's got Bush's advisers behind him and he's totally on board with expanding the War on Terror and curtailing more freedoms in the process.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I will reprise my thoughts on another thread. ANY technology can be subverted - hackers subvert the internet all the time - but the purpose of this particular EO is to ensure that during times of emergency, the government can communicate with the widest segment of the population possible. While this situation might be made-to-order for a government crackdown on dissenters, it is equally available to disseminate vital warnings and information at all levels from the local to the national. To have the warning capability - which is a legitimate function of government at all levels (to take measures to protect the population and infrastructure from disasters) - is to have the capability to freeze those communications. To have only a partial capability is to risk (from the government's view) not being able to warn segments of the population when there is a danger to them. I think we've got a great deal more to worry about than Obama taking over the EBS and internet in an attempt to retain power.

Top Bottom