• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My overall compensation (salary & bonus) went down and still is not where it was 3 years ago. I am in the private sector. It is way past time for this sort of proposal. Obama is just getting out in front of what the GOP is going to propose next year.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    AHHHH, it doesn't matter what he freezes, he just makes up for it with another vacation & booking an entire hotel.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    He is playing politics, knowing that when the republicans take control in a few weeks, then the vote to freeze will be in there court. He is gonna let the republicans **** off the people affected by the freeze, this way he can say he didn't want to do it later, and its all the republicans fault down the road.

Sure he could have said that before the elections, but he was probably told to hold it back till after the elections.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    You have to be kidding me!

I am on my third year without a raise, so I see this as "it's about time." Funding a federal employees raise can only happen by collecting more taxes or going futher into debt, and neither is acceptable. This doesn't even take into account the increase in the federal EE pool. The federal gov't would never make cuts anything near the blood-bath that has taken place in my place of employment in the past three years.
    I listened to the announcement and can't tell you how disgusted I am about the two-face content of the message. A bunch of rhetoric about putting the Democrat and Republican "contest" asside, not worrying about the next election and doing the right thing for the American people. What a crock of :poop: from the man who feeds the partisan fire daily, made this announcement after the November election (calculated) and has executed unpresidented spending and implemntation of a huge entitlement program.
    Many still sit there and drink the cool-aid. WTF?!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Read between the lines...

He is proposing a pay freeze so the conservatives can't lower the federal employees pay in the next 3 years.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Unfortunately, probably so. They should start with pay CUTS at EVERY elected and appointed position, then work their way down. Oh yes, start taxing same individuals on ALL their benefits from their position.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    He's also 3 years behind the State of Indiana. State workers salaries have been frozen since 2007 and that's unlikely to change in 2011.

How do you figure this? Is that what you are hearing or know for a fact?

The reason I ask.. is because someone in my very household works for the State of Indiana.. and they just received a pay raise about 6 months ago... so this can't be possibly true.. I don't care whom you are hearing this from.

And come this Spring.. they are due for another raise.. so how is this possible?

:dunno:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    How do you figure this? Is that what you are hearing or know for a fact?

The reason I ask.. is because someone in my very household works for the State of Indiana.. and they just received a pay raise about 6 months ago... so this can't be possibly true.. I don't care whom you are hearing this from.

And come this Spring.. they are due for another raise.. so how is this possible?

:dunno:

The raises through 2007 were set in January each year. In each of 2008, 2009 and 2010 the governor issued an order that all executive department (meaning working for the governor) employees have their pay frozen with no pay increase. Who does he work for and how are they "due" for a raise? Daniels also suggested that those employees working for state and local governments not under his executive control, also have their pay frozen. It's true, I don't care whom you're hearing this differently from.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom