• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am one of those evil civil servants that are bleeding our nation dry with my bloated pay and benefits :D so no one will probally listen to me, But I say we close a lot of the military bases we have spread all over the world that are really only in place to support our empire building. (You know its true!) That ought to save a trillion or so a year. And while we are at it, put some of those troops that will be coming home on the mexican border.

The politicians wont really do anything about things though, until AFTER it falls completely apart.

Which empire is that? I wasn't aware we were getting tribute from any of our subject nations overseas. Why wasn't I told about this?????

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    He's only about 3 years behind the private sector. First a pay freeze, next a reduction??

Absolutely!! I went to college with a couple of people who work for the government, and both make over $150k/year. Absolutely ludicrist for a government position!!! ANY position! I've been in the private sector all my life, and that kind of upside down thinking is boloney. Start slashing salaries and bring these people down to reality. The achievers = private sector---losers = public sector.

Incidentally, this huge gap wasn't always so, just recently in the past 5 years. So, hopefully they can re-adjust when they get their cuts!

Note. Military pay needs to stay strong with no cuts!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Absolutely!! I went to college with a couple of people who work for the government, and both make over $150k/year.

Hum.. That can't be true unless those people were executives.

SES in goverment make between $145K - $200K
    See here:
    Salary Table 2010-EX

I'm not aware of many SES OUTSIDE the DC area.

Otherwise the majority of the workforce is on the GS rate shown here for the Indy area:
    Salary Table 2010-IND

13s and above are middle/top managment.

Worker Bess stop at 9/10; You have some 11/12 you are experts in their area.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    I am one of those evil civil servants that are bleeding our nation dry with my bloated pay and benefits :D so no one will probally listen to me, But I say we close a lot of the military bases we have spread all over the world that are really only in place to support our empire building. (You know its true!) That ought to save a trillion or so a year. And while we are at it, put some of those troops that will be coming home on the mexican border.

The politicians wont really do anything about things though, until AFTER it falls completely apart.

That's a good point, each military base costs a fortune annually to keep operational, and the farther away it is the more it costs, surely our empire could do without a few of them.
    And if we transfer those soldiers to the border we would be putting an effective end to shortages in small time jobs in construction, factory's, and landscaping, not to mention the soldiers could see there friends and family's far more often... That would also help reduce the amount of vigilantism going on at the boarder.

But don't forget a the federal reserve, and the interest they reap... They're not federal and they don't work for us.

Top Bottom