• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No one ever uses gofundme. It's just a waste of time. You want people to give to the poor you have to just take it. ****ing selfish ass people.

Gofundme isn't a $1 trillion enterprise. It is a great concept, but if the subject switches to startup ventures of this size, it's a totally different scale. If you have ideas how to expand it to encompass national problems, that would be worth discussing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why would I do your research.
    I don't care if you believe what you believe, or if you change your mind.

"Denmark and Venezuela" are nothing more than words then, and don't respond to the point.

At the very best, "Denmark and Venezuela" are entities that represent systems that have not worked, in your estimation. I might agree that Venezuela is a failed state, but it certainly wasn't an example of a collective system.
    It is, or was, a Federal Democratic Republic which is the same system you've denominated for the USA.

I was looking for an example of a system that has worked.

Last edited:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    "Denmark and Venezuela" are nothing more than words then, and don't respond to the point.

At the very best, "Denmark and Venezuela" are entities that represent systems that have not worked, in your estimation. I might agree that Venezuela is a failed state, but it certainly wasn't an example of a collective system.
    It is, or was, a Federal Democratic Republic which is the same system you've denominated for the USA.

I was looking for an example of a system that has worked.

Every government system fails in the end. So what are you asking for exactly. What is your definition of 'worked'?

Also, monopolies cant exist in a free market.

The difference between standard oil and the government is freedom of association.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Every government system fails in the end. So what are you asking for exactly. What is your definition of 'worked'?

Also, monopolies cant exist in a free market.

The difference between standard oil and the government is freedom of association.

Steve argued in favor of the moral, charitable free market economy. I asked him to show me an example of one that existed in history. We are now many posts away from that request and he has not responded, nor has anyone else been successful in demonstrating such a sovereign state (gosh, I feel like ATM!)

A free market can never exist whether through legislation or perfect systems of information and distribution. Not on the scale of economies.

Standard Oil was certainly free to associate and thereby colluded with others to fix markets, prices and was so bold as to demand that railroads credit drawbacks for the oil shipments of others. Beyond that, I fail to see your point.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    First, I agree that the ACA is bad law. Not only doesn't it fix the problems it was supposed to, in fact it can only make it worse.

...but (and with me, you knew there was a "but")...

...even without the ACA the American healthcare system is headed for crisis, and by some metrics is already there. Our system was already the most expensive on Earth, with results no better than far more affordable systems elsewhere...in some ways, worse.

What is the Republican's plan? Stand back and profit from other people's misery brought about by the status quo.

That's why we are in this ACA mess at all...people are fed up with the status quo, and Obama had a plan to do something.

Well, here's your chance Republican's...offer us something better.

Seeing as how the Constitution IS the law of the land, it is important to understand: there is NO authority granted per the Constitution, for government to own, direct, provide, or mandate healthcare, period. I disagree that for our money we get no better results, in fact, quite the opposite, that`s why others, from outside the U.S. rush here for better outcomes and much more expedient service.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He just believes that people should pay for their own charity instead of voting for candidates who will take it from other people. Making other people pay for your social responsibility isn't taking responsibility.

It's also not really charity when someone takes your money by force to give to someone else, whether the recipient is deserving of charity or not. It's theft.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    alpo please describe your perfect idea of enterprise

don't just crap on other ideas, give us yours.

Sorry, you all are on the hook for that one. You want repeal...but fail to provide a replacement. Squawking about "free markets" when there has never been one in the history of the world in an economy anywhere near our size is not a replacement.

I'm waiting....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry, you all are on the hook for that one. You want repeal...but fail to provide a replacement. Squawking about "free markets" when there has never been one in the history of the world in an economy anywhere near our size is not a replacement.

I'm waiting....

Repeal does not require replacement. Just chop those State tentacles right off.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Intoxicating, no?

YES!!!!!

tumblr_lw1496Jou91qh2jamo1_500.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Repeal does not require replacement. Just chop those State tentacles right off.

That is certainly true. However, going back to the "old system" is no panacea. I wonder where all those people with pre-existing conditions are going to find insurance. I certainly wouldn't want them in my group! And the companies that got out of providing health insurance to all employees will call "do over" and go back to the old way? Not likely.

But, perhaps that is the only way. I did a search of the most expensive medical conditions and disabilities. An interesting assortment of people who may have problems finding insurance when Obamacare is repealed....and most are not in the group that we would label as below the poverty line.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That is certainly true. However, going back to the "old system" is no panacea. I wonder where all those people with pre-existing conditions are going to find insurance. I certainly wouldn't want them in my group! And the companies that got out of providing health insurance to all employees will call "do over" and go back to the old way? Not likely.

I don't care. Voluntary interactions don't need defended, do they? Only forceful interactions and mandates.

Nobody has any right to medical care or insurance.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You and I agree more than you might imagine. Especially for elder care (to which group I now belong).

I think we need to be more Darwinian across the entire spectrum of care.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I'm waiting....

hahahahahahahahaha

:rofl:

well then by all means, keep crapping all over everyone else then

hahahahahahahahahaha

a true intellectual I see.

repeal unconstitutional crap is an easy thing. Why does it need replaced?

Sorry, that's probably up to me too. I'll ask myself later, I don't seem to be in an approachable mood right now

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yep, I jump up screaming and shaking my fist at the tv any time I hear the phrase "right to affordable health care".

Become dependent on your government and they've got you by the short hairs.

Top Bottom