• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If the Democrats currently running get their way the odds would be that you’ll most likely die waiting to get treatment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Still leaves me several thousand short in “taxes”, I wonder, since it’s now unconstitutional, do I get my money back?

giphy.gif

At least this year it will be much easier. I no longer have to fill in a bunch questions, demand to see 1095B/C... The time it takes me out fill out 1040's will go way down.

The only remaining question is, "Did you get healthcare insurance through the Marketplace?" No? moving on...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some of us know more than others what Obama's free healthcare has brought us.

It has proven the phrase that was uttered a lot while they were trying to railroad this in:

"If you think your healthcare is expensive now, just wait until it's free..."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/19/19-10011-CV0.pdf

"the individual mandate is unconstitutional because it can no longer be read as a tax, and there is no other constitutional provision that justifies this exercise of congressional power on the severability question, we remand to the district court to provide additional analysis of the provisions of the ACA as they currently exist."

So if it was unconstitutional what occurs to those people that were charged the "fee" on their taxes for failing to have health insurance. Can they get that "fee" back from the irs.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So if it was unconstitutional what occurs to those people that were charged the "fee" on their taxes for failing to have health insurance. Can they get that "fee" back from the irs.

It is only no longer a tax because it can no longer be collected (because the amount was reduced to $0 by Congress, IIRC). Since the amount is now $0, it doesn't constitute revenue, and fails even the most minimal standard to constitute a tax.

Prior to the amount being reduced, it (according to the courts) still constituted revenue, and therefore could be construed to be a tax.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is only no longer a tax because it can no longer be collected (because the amount was reduced to $0 by Congress, IIRC). Since the amount is now $0, it doesn't constitute revenue, and fails even the most minimal standard to constitute a tax.

Prior to the amount being reduced, it (according to the courts) still constituted revenue, and therefore could be construed to be a tax.

That makes it almost seem... clever? Like there are smart people in government that know sneaky ways to make big changes... like making the mandate unconstitutional just by lowering it to $0. Huh.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It was penalty.

Lots of penalties and taxes have come and gone without a single refund after the fact.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thats what I asked! I know it’s been said before, but anyone who wants free healthcare should go hang out at a VA Hospital or Clinic for a little while. Government run single payer at its finest.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At least this year it will be much easier. I no longer have to fill in a bunch questions, demand to see 1095B/C... The time it takes me out fill out 1040's will go way down.

The only remaining question is, "Did you get healthcare insurance through the Marketplace?" No? moving on...

With what you indicated previously about your customer base, I would think they would be more concerned about whether jihad expenses were deductible

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With what you indicated previously about your customer base, I would think they would be more concerned about whether jihad expenses were deductible

Eh, most of their purchases are just old AKs, and gunpowder... far below the new std. deduction.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With our healthcare costs getting higher by the day, with fewer employers paying a lower percentage of their workers' premiums, and with the highest infant mortality rate in the Norhtern Hemishpere.

Don't get sick.
    Dude. Where do you get that we have the highest infant mortality in the Northern Hemisphere? You're saying we are worse than North Korea, Mongolia, Russia, Ukraine...?

Costs have skyrocketed since this bill was passed. It has removed a lot of competition from the market, as large conglomerates run more and more of the industry. Drs have a hard time keeping up with all of the requirements and end up becoming employess of those conglomerates, who then try to squeeze every last dime out of their patients.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom