• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    A disingenuous story title, as Christie didn't say that.

I can't wait until the election is over and I no longer have to witness the desperate throws of the Obama regime. Democrats just never accept reality, instead they believe they can mold reality, thanks to the MSM making up stories for them (or more likely under their coordinated direction).

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    I can't wait until the election is over and I no longer have to witness the desperate throws of the Obama regime. Democrats just never accept reality, instead they believe they can mold reality, thanks to the MSM making up stories for them (or more likely under their coordinated direction).

Much like Fox does for the Right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conservatives are anything but conservative.
    ->If a liberal doesn't like contraception, he doesn't buy condoms.
    ->If a conservative doesn't like contraception, he doesn't want anyone else to be able to buy condoms either.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Oh, my friend..... don't you know!?

After Romney wins the presidency, all the BO fans will be accusing the Republicans of voter fraud or somehow 'fixing' the election results. They'll keep whining about a conspiracy, for six months to a year. Wait and see.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

After Romney wins the presidency, all the BO fans will be accusing the Republicans of voter fraud or somehow 'fixing' the election results. They'll keep whining about a conspiracy, for six months to a year. Wait and see.

6 months to a year? They're still screaming of the conspiracy of the Gore loss in 2000.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

No the reason will be that Romney's kid owns the voting machines being used on the west coast and the storm on the east coast makes it so the poor could not go vote...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I notice that Romney was in Ohio today. Collected food donations for the folks on the East Coast. Praised Americans for coming together and helping one another. FEMA activated a number of US&R Task Forces - including Indiana's - to assist with SAR if necessary. I guess we'll have to see which Governors request Federal aid after the storm subsides.

Most will accept the aid because the states do not have it in their budget....my thinking is all states should take care of their own aid. But when the government made the US flood insurance plan...they accepted responsibility...And Fema is nothing but a joke. They blew it with Katrina.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Most will accept the aid because the states do not have it in their budget....my thinking is all states should take care of their own aid. But when the government made the US flood insurance plan...they accepted responsibility...And Fema is nothing but a joke. They blew it with Katrina.

FEMA blows it on everything.

I saw it first hand during the tornado in Newburgh some years back. They just got in the way. Same thing in Henryville this year..

images

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Romney said borrowing $1.6T is immoral, not disaster relief. The transcript clearly shows that the interviewer interrupted Mitt asking about disaster relief, but Mitt finished his original thought.

Thanks for clarifying that. For a minute I got excited that Romney was going to actually cut a Federal agency.

First I was like :D
    Then I was all :(

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Federal assistance should be a "one off" occurrence IMO. Florida seems to tap the feds for disaster relief every single year, so why don't they have an income tax to fund their own disaster relief? Then if they had an unpredictably large storm, that could count as a "one off". States with recurring disasters can easily look at the last twenty years and figure out an annual financial requirement for their own disaster relief fund.

It is not really fair to the rest of the tax payers in the country that some states take billions of our money each year. They choose to build by the ocean, and if they make that decision, they should be prepared to lose everything, and not get bailed out. I sure as hell don't get bailed out if i make a risky property or stock market purchase that loses value, but those people building by the ocean know that catastrophic occurrences are 100% GUARANTEED, yet they have little risk by comparison.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Okay, here is Fox debunking the New York Times trying to twist Romney's "immoral" words around (per discussion above):

New York Times slams Romney as Sandy slams New York | Fox News

At one point near the end of Romney's answer moderator John King, who was clearly aware Romney had wandering beyond FEMA, interjected "Including disaster relief though?" But Romney rolled right over him and remained focused on the larger issues of debt, borrowing and the federal budget as a whole.

What the Times did Monday is take Romney's statement about the immorality of our unsustainable debt--something President Obama himself once called "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic"--and suggest this means there would be a no resources to deal with a disaster if Romney had his way.

Seriously, this type of "creative 'journalism'" is not only disgusting, it is disturbing on so many levels. This country has never seen a media so determined TO MANIPULATE A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. Their desperation proves how they cannot handle defeat gracefully, but resort to lying and cheating, like a child or criminal. These are the tactics of dictators, communists, fascists, and it is completely un-American. It makes me sick, and sad for my country. I would expect hacks on the Internet to make stuff up, but not major media outlets, and not throughout an entire election cycle in favor of one party. Honestly, it seems like the entire MSM has become community organizers under Obama's divisive tutelage.

Top Bottom