• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Meet at the State House south side on Washington St. between Senate and Capitol at 11:30 on Friday the 26th, going to walk down around Circle Center mall and back to the State House then we will lunch at Dick's BBQ at the corner of Market and Penn.

Long guns are welcome on the walk, but aren't allowed in Dick's

2 things that must be done
    1. All long guns must be carried without a round or shell chambered, full mags are fine
    2. All long guns must be carried muzzle down, this was stressed several times in my meeting with IMPD today

Just got off the phone with a sergeant from ISP and he wanted to remind me that the State House and Gov't center downtown have an administrative policy banning Firearms on the property, so please don't park in the Gov't center parking garage

Hope to see you there.

Few things I would like to recommend
    1. dress nice, not a suit and tie but like you are going out to dinner with your family
    2. Please carry only a rifle or a pistol openly, we don't need to be all tactical on the walk
    3. Remember we are representing all gun owners, whether they agree with us or not
    that's how we will be portrayed by the media
    4. We are there to educate, ask people if they want a flyer don't try to force it on anyone
    5. Remember to enjoy the company, smile and be pleasant
    6. Remember VUPD rule "don't be a jerk"

I thank everyone that has helped so far.

NOTE added by spasmo:
    Any comment in here needs to pertain to the event directly (and not your opinion of the walk). I have added this link in his original post for anyone new so they don't comment before seeing Fenway's post. Any other comments/discussions about this event can be found here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eet_and_lunch_11_26_10_discussion_thread.html

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I will needing a head count in this thread, just post an I'm there and I'll make a list tomorrow

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    As I said elsewhere, I'm in depending on working truck and gas, and some folks have offered gas money if needed. We'll probably pass on lunch, though.

Will also have my wife (board member CathyRae) and my son with me.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    SJ, Cathy is wanting to make a change in our family's plans. You are the organizer, so I thought I'd run it past you first.

Instead of me carrying my SKS, she says she'd rather me, her, and Sean all have our .22s.

Her thinking is that if someone tries to make an issue of the three of us with our guns, we'll be able to make some points in the blogs about anti's going after even the .22s now. Also, we are a family who has been shooting and hunting together since the boy was 4 y/o. While other families are having problems with their kids running wild, OUR family has used guns to teach our son independence, responsibility, and maturity, and is spending time TOGETHER every weekend hunting and target shooting instead of the boy out running wild.

Let us know how you feel about the boy carrying his gun. Others on the board have seen his gun handling, he's extremely safe and conscientious.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    SJ, Cathy is wanting to make a change in our family's plans. You are the organizer, so I thought I'd run it past you first.

Instead of me carrying my SKS, she says she'd rather me, her, and Sean all have our .22s.

Her thinking is that if someone tries to make an issue of the three of us with our guns, we'll be able to make some points in the blogs about anti's going after even the .22s now. Also, we are a family who has been shooting and hunting together since the boy was 4 y/o. While other families are having problems with their kids running wild, OUR family has used guns to teach our son independence, responsibility, and maturity, and is spending time TOGETHER every weekend hunting and target shooting instead of the boy out running wild.

Let us know how you feel about the boy carrying his gun. Others on the board
    have seen his gun handling, he's extremely safe and conscientious.

Joe I'm fine with Sean carrying, and I'm probably going to be carrying my lever action .22 or my model 60, truthfully I would love to have my sons carrying but they just started with guns this past year, but I think they are going to be walking with me.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    May I suggest that you have a flyer printed up and ready for participants who are not from INGO and show up with no idea of what is going on and what is expected of them?

Perhaps five points to keep it real simple:

What are we doing & why?
    What is the walking path and who is leading?
    Who is the lead on dealing with Media and LEO's?
    What are the safety rules?
    If you have questions, talk to XYZ.

Not too many, 5 is perhaps one too many, dunno. But a half sheet handout for "show ups" might save a great deal of confusion, ill advised behavior, and give you and extra edge towards a positive outcome!

Think on it,
    Techres

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Forgot, most important one:

How to deal kindly with counter protestors.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Forgot, most important one:

How to deal kindly with counter protestors.

Believe it or not, that last is actually something I'm quite good at.

I've dealt with rioters, protestors, etc on a professional basis. Even got a medal for doing so once in such a manner that not only were our resources not damaged, the folks who were a tad irritated ended up liking us. Not to mention, once you've held a job that required you just keep talking to the teen girl who just kicked you in the nads and/or ate chunks out of your arm like nothing happened you kinda have the whole thing down pat LOL.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I was planning on carrying my EBR but decided not to. My only other options are a Winchester 1300 and a Marlin 22, neither have slings, so I can't go "African Style". What would be the best way for me to carry one of them in the walk? I was thinking chamber flag and an American Flag in the barrell.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom