• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was planning on carrying my EBR but decided not to. My only other options are a Winchester 1300 and a Marlin 22, neither have slings, so I can't go "African Style". What would be the best way for me to carry one of them in the walk? I was thinking chamber flag and an American Flag in the barrell.

Thanks

In my meeting today they stressed making sure of muzzle down carry, if your EBR is the only one with a sling I would just carry it.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'll post this again and I updated the OP

It was stressed in my meeting with IMPD today that we must carry muzzle down!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    OP updated

2 things that must be done
    1. All long guns must be carried without a round or shell chambered, full mags are fine
    2. All long guns must be carried muzzle down, this was stressed several times in my meeting with IMPD today

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    OP updated

2 things that must be done
    1. All long guns must be carried without a round or shell chambered, full mags are fine
    2. All long guns must be carried muzzle down, this was stressed several times in my meeting with IMPD today

Just curious, how can the IMPD make you carry w/o a round chambered?

I mean, it makes sense for safety's sake, but I'm curious how they can demand that?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Can you share more about the meeting? I'd love to know how it went.

It went fine, they asked questions, we asked questions, we already had decided that we would use the same rules as the last walk and they had a few questions about that, they asked us to change the date I said no

I very happy that we met with them, they understand that we are out to educate, they just like a few on this board don't like the date.

I think opening a dialogue with IMPD could be very beneficial for us.

I also mentioned setting up a way that INGO members could meet and go on ride alongs with IMPD officers. We will see where that leads:dunno:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just curious, how can the IMPD make you carry w/o a round chambered?

I mean, it makes sense for safety's sake, but I'm curious how they can demand that?

That can't demand that, that was already decided, but as far as muzzles down they can and, we were lead to believe, will arrest people for pointing guns at people and buildings, I happen to agree with them on these points.

Last thing I want is an ND in downtown Indy.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That can't demand that, that was already decided, but as far as muzzles down they can and, we were lead to believe, will arrest people for pointing guns at people and buildings, I happen to agree with them on these points.

Last thing I want is an ND in downtown Indy.

Thanks for the explanation sj.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just got off the phone with a sergeant from ISP and he wanted to remind me that the State House and Gov't center downtown have an administrative policy banning Firearms on the property, so please don't park in the Gov't center parking garage

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Just like to say I wish you all good luck with this walk, educating the public and hopefully only the anti's that wish to cause problems are the ones that end up in cuffs . I'd like to join you all but I'll be babysitting the the public at Menards' from 0500 to whenever management decides they don't need me there.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gun Advocates Flash Firearms Downtown - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I didn't even know this was happening. After seeing the story posted reddit.com, I had to come & see if it was people from our forum. Sounds like y'all did some good educating. Props to 6 News for a clean write-up too.

Now...WTF IMPD? "IMPD said that in the current atmosphere, police need to check permits and a gun carrier's intentions."

Our intentions really don't matter...unless of course IMPD has a new Thought-Crimes division.

Thanks for going & representing guys!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom