• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Okay, so I have only seen one other OCer in South Bend. I know you're out there, but anyway, I would like to know what and how you guys (not just SB, everywhere) carry.

I carry a Sig Sauer P226 with a Mec-Gar 18 rd mag and 18 rds of 9mm Federal 98BLE +p+ JHP. The gun is in a black Blackhawk Serpa holster, at my 3, a little back, though. Say 3:30. At my 5:30, I have an iTac 2 mag pouch, with 2 more Mec-Gars. 56 rounds total. At my 11, I have a small, straight blade black Ka Bar TDI knife. All that on a Galco Nylon/Kydex belt. I wear a Safariland Zero G IIIA Kevlar vest with a IIIA Trauma Pak. When I wear armor, I wear a polo shirt, and you can't see it. I wear khakis or jeans, and tuck my shirt in. I like to look nice.

Well, that's about it. Yes, I do get asked if I'm a cop. No, I'm not a cop. I've had a few SBPD see me, a Roseland cop sees me all the time, and an ISP Trooper. No one said anything negative to me. The Roseland cop works security at my bank, so I see him every week. He doesn't even look at me weird, or watch me. Some cops do trust us. Then there's Maxey...

The only thing that makes me nervous about OCing is the Maxey types. You'd think that an LEO would have to know the law before they can "enforce" it.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    No helmet?

dont-worry-im-from-the-internet.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You might want to duct tape an extra ceramic trauma plate to your back in case you get ambushed from behind. Also consider carrying an brief case with a couple trauma plates in it that you can use for cover.

On a more serious note... and I'm being 100% serious here (you asked for input)... you are really sounding like a mall ninja with all that crap. If you want to wear all that, then go right ahead, but don't be surprised when you see people pointing and laughing. Not trying to be rude, just giving my honest opinion.

I OC quite a bit in South Bend, and know of several others who do as well. I carry my M&P in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. If I do carry an extra mag, it will be in my left front pocket.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I OC in the South Bend / Mishawaka area quite a bit. Generally CC if I'm going somewhere with a no firearms sign.

What, where, and how I carry is priviledged information and would only be disclosed at the appropriate time...:ar15:

Have had no LEO interactions, though I am not out looking for one. Mostly comments from older folks saying they wished they saw more OC...

As for all the gear, I don't have that much time in the morning to load all that on.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You might want to duct tape an extra ceramic trauma plate to your back in case you get ambushed from behind. Also consider carrying an brief case with a couple trauma plates in it that you can use for cover.

On a more serious note... and I'm being 100% serious here (you asked for input)... you are really sounding like a mall ninja with all that crap. If you want to wear all that, then go right ahead, but don't be surprised when you see people pointing and laughing. Not trying to be rude, just giving my honest opinion.

I OC quite a bit in South Bend, and know of several others who do as well. I carry my M&P in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. If I do carry an extra mag, it will be in my left front pocket.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll just carry my riot shield and ride in my up armored Explorer.

It's not as bulky as you'd think. I'm comfortable in it, and no one laughs at me. We have Stand Your Ground, so I could just shoot them, right? That's what Maher said.

Yeah, I'm probably over prepared (is that a thing?) but better that than be under prepared.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I find it funny. I was on USCCA, and talking about body armor, and what I have and wear. One of the mods asked, "Gecko45, is that you?"

And no, I'm not gecko45. I'm sane. Ish.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Roseland cop sees me all the time, and an ISP Trooper. No one said anything negative to me. The Roseland cop works security at my bank, so I see him every week. He doesn't even look at me weird, or watch me. Some cops do trust us. Then there's Maxey...

I know where you bank. :)............don't worry, I won't tell anybody. I live in Nappanee but work at Notre Dame. I think we bank at the same place. I've never been comfortable open carrying....but I'll give you a nod if i see ya.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    It's late I'm bored I'll play along.

I OC a G17/TLR-1s attached in a level III Safariland 6378 (ALS level II with ALS guard added)
    Concealed are the spare mag for the G17, a G27 (with CT lasergrips), Blackhawk flashlight, pocket folding knife and LTCH. Both guns also have Meprolight night sights.

No rigs, but a few holsters. To me body armor is most appealing for those times when a gun is illegal but body armor isn't.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm running close to the same set up except I prefer dragon skin as my go to body armor. I've also been wearing elbow and knee pads as experience has taught me that tactical rolls are hard on aging joints.

Top Bottom