• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Can anyone list a few errrrrr even one damn tactical advantages to OC......Ive been lurking here for awhile and soooo many threads .....I was ocin and X happened X= some negative stuff........Why in the world would anyone OC.........

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Can anyone list a few errrrrr even one damn tactical advantages to OC......Ive been lurking here for awhile and soooo many threads .....I was ocin and X happened X= some negative stuff........Why in the world would anyone OC.........[/quote]

Because they can? :dunno: Ya know Land of the Free and all. By the way , I have never OC'd in public, just around the house and farm. Just my personal preference . I do however appreciate the folks that choose to put up with the hassle.( even if it's just questions posed in an inflammatory manner on an internet forum) :): I think that the more sheeple that see law abiding citizens OCing, the more it does to counter the brainwashing from the liberal media. Just my :twocents:. And welcome to the board. (I think):D

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    There's no right or wrong, or everyone would be doing the same thing. You get to pick. But, just hang around, the opposing sides will start up all over again right here, where you can watch what reads like RECESS.. pay particular attention to the "did not"... "did too" parts. You'll get to look forward to the exchanges ....... as well as the verbal tap dancing.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm not going to get into the BS and arguing, but there is one clear advantage that is so obvious that anybody can see it so I'll list that since it seems like you missed it.

It's a lot easier and faster to clear leather when you're OCing. You don't have to worry about any clothing getting in the way. I don't care how much you practice drawing from concealment, it still won't be faster than drawing from an OC holster (assuming you practice the two similar methods the same amount).

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    IOCTBATM (In OC Thread Before ATM):):

In all seriousness, OC provides an advantage when the need arises to present by saving some, not lots, but some time because there is nothing between your hand and the grip

OC, for me, is the best choice. I tend to slack up on my situational awareness when I CC, you know, out of sight/out of mind. OC'ing actually helps be stay more alert

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Been venturing into OC realm & lovin it .My big concern has always been some fool coming from behind & trying to pull my pistol from my holster .I received a blackhawk serpa holster for my 1911 & really like it ,unless you have a working knowledge of the holster its very secure.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can anyone list a few errrrrr even one damn tactical advantages to OC......Ive been lurking here for awhile and soooo many threads .....I was ocin and X happened X= some negative stuff........Why in the world would anyone OC.........

I could name a couple, speed of draw/less chance of snagging on cover garment. Deterrent effect (can be argued if that is tactical or not). And weapon focus. The BG is so focused on the weapon that he/she can see, they don't pay attention to the weapon they can't. Or even can. They pay so much attention to the OC handgun they ignore the concealed one, or the knife in the pocket, or even your hand.

I think the advantages speak for themselves.

I've yet to read a story were someone was Oc'ing and got robbed.

I have not read about anyone CCin and getting robbed.

Actually, I've read both. :D But only very few confirmed cases(as in 1 or 2) of a non-leo/security guard OCing having it done/attempted to be done to them. Quite a few cases of CCers having it attempted to be done or done to them. Usually attempted, but I'd rather avoid the attempt. ;)

ETA here are a couple of links you might want to read. This has been discussed at length in them
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...122783-a_friendly_discussion_of_oc_vs_cc.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No thanks. I don't care how you carry, just as long as you don't vote to male OCing illegal. If you've been "lurking" here a while, you are not necessarily new. Therefore, you know the general feeling on the subject and the tactical advantages/disadvantages that have been noted.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    must_not_feed_the_troll.jpg

I'll let you other guys "aware" him.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    And also, who would carry a 9mm for self defense? The only handgun round worth carrying is a 45. And Hi Point and Taurus suck.

There, I did it too. Look Mommy! I trolling! I trolling!

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    And also, who would carry a 9mm for self defense? The only handgun round worth carrying is a 45. And Hi Point and Taurus suck.

There, I did it too. Look Mommy! I trolling! I trolling!

Yes you are dear...you are such a BIG boy! Now go play with your guns outside, but stay away from that Keyser boy...we don't like his kind!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What's with the masquerading as cops in troll world, lately? Some secret cachet to it? Just that time of year, I guess.

Oh, and if OC were not advantageous then all cops would CC on duty, since there's no advantage to OC, right?

Top Bottom