• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Re: Video: Side question (and thread jack on obviously nowhere thread): Why do the tacticool types shave their head? Do they honestly think that is some high speed advantage? Makes em look like friggin' skin heads. I am trying to work on my 1980's Kyle Mclaughlin look. Are guys soooo tacticool that they don't realize women like hair? :D And another thing: What is up with the matching sunglasses? Sunglasses are for pansies, like shaving one's head... :D Women like something to grab... :D

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    How about if your left arm is being used to ward off the attacker that has a knife...or to carry your infant?

You can find cool videos like that all day long, it doesn't prove it is as fast as an OC draw. We all know that draw from concealment takes longer since you have an extra step to perform the task(move the garment(s) out of the way). You also run the risk of getting your grip hand or the firearm caught up in the garment upon gripping or drawing.

How well you will perform the actions under stress is another story.

I am done with this particular OC/CC debate...they never end well.

Last edited:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    129123d1262285203-funny-strange-random-pics-repost.jpg

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Re: Video: Side question (and thread jack on obviously nowhere thread): Why do the tacticool types shave their head? Do they honestly think that is some high speed advantage? Makes em look like friggin' skin heads. I am trying to work on my 1980's Kyle Mclaughlin look. Are guys soooo tacticool that they don't realize women like hair? :D And another thing: What is up with the matching sunglasses? Sunglasses are for pansies, like shaving one's head... :D Women like something to grab... :D

My bald head goes over just fine with the ladies. :D

Seriously if u haven't checked out this guys webpage its great for training. sorry for the thread jack.
    pistol-training.com

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    OP: The supporting reasons many choose to OC are here in several threads.
    If you don't agree with those reasons, that's fine. Carry however you like and for whatever reasons you choose - I support that.

Just quit claiming there couldn't possibly be a reason for someone to do it any other way than yours. Feigning ignorance is not much of a debate.

:popcorn:

Dang! :ugh:

I was off secretly practicing my tactical element of concealed defensive surprise in the basement. :D

I never said there was no reason for OC.....I said I simply could not think of one. Quick access made sounds logical but that would also mean quick access to someone else. I doubt anyone here that OC's went through any type of firearm retention training. Why don't police officers CC? They are already a target?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...they never end well.

Well, they always seem to end the same.

Those who claim there is only one reasonable way (their way) and everything else is stupid and/or totally unsupportable usually fade out of the conversation when they can't keep up with a simple discussion of the actual pros and cons.

They usually start these threads because they haven't even considered each of the many points. Once presented with a larger picture than they had initially conceived, they take their ball back up on the porch and refuse to play any more.

If ego doesn't get in the way, there is much to be learned in healthy discussion from the counterpoints presented. If we all just blindly nodded, myths and anecdotes would be all we had to base our decisions upon.

...and THAT wouldn't be much fun. :D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A letter to anyone who thinks they know everything:

Why does anyone care so much about how some other guy or gal carries either way? I'll never understand this.

This contention that operator guy is always right while tactical guy is never wrong is rather stale.

Admit it, it's not so important that you care about the safety of those you critique as much as it is about how much you need people to know that you are right.

It's really a matter of personal freedom and comfort. (That sounds like an Always commercial.)

Now if you will excuse me I've seemed to have gotten my super redhawk stuck in my coin slot, so...

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    A few people have said quicker draw. I honestly did not think about that. If someone wanted to that the time practicing you would be surprised how quick you can draw when CCn

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never said there was no reason for OC.....I said I simply could not think of one. Quick access made sounds logical but that would also mean quick access to someone else. I doubt anyone here that OC's went through any type of firearm retention training. Why don't police officers CC? They are already a target?

As a matter of fact, I have been through some weapons retention training, and I OC. Obviosuly, it wasnt as much retention training that LEOs receive, but I'll take whatever training I can get when it comes to having an advantage.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't open carry because open carrying is Illegal in Indiana.

I know it's illegal because my ex-brother-in-law's buddy told him and that guy knows because he used to date a gal that works at the courthouse and she told him.

I figure the lady at the courthouse ought to know, since that's where they make the laws.

PS: Can I borrow some purple text? I used all mine up talking down about hi-points and Glocks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I never said there was no reason for OC.....I said I simply could not think of one.

Uh, yeah... just a standard, open-minded request for clarification:

...even one damn tactical advantages to OC.........Why in the world would anyone OC.........

I doubt anyone here that OC's went through any type of firearm retention training.
    Being wrong is OK but if you don't enjoy it, don't be so quick to assume.
    Several here have.

Why don't police officers CC? They are already a target?

The differing mission of officers on duty has been addressed.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't open carry because open carrying is Illegal in Indiana.

I know it's illegal because my ex-brother-in-law's buddy told him and that guy knows because he used to date a gal that works at the courthouse and she told him.

I heard the same story...except it was from my friends cousin Kenny's sister's friend's cousin's mother that works at the courtouse(damn, we're practically related Bubba!)...she knows somebody who got thrown in jail for life for open carrying.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I carry both ways. Now I do it for comfort mainly. I have not had specific retention training but that does not mean that someone will take my firearm. Situational awarenesss and keeping you safe by avoiding putting yourself in certain situations is very important. My follow up question would be that sounds like a good question concerning retention so here is just as good of one how many OC'ers have had someone attempt to snatch there firearm. Non LEO's of course because LEO's get themselves into some more precarious situations.

Top Bottom