• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement! | OccupyWallSt.org Forum

Living wage regardless of employment
    Open Borders
    No nuclear power
    End fossil fuel economy
    Free College education
    Single Payer healthcare
    Raise min wage to $20/hr
    Debt forgiveness for everyone on the planet

No wonder they want BHO re-elected. They have the right to protest and I have the right to say they're a bunch of morons without regard for anything that has to do with individual responsibility.

These people are stupid. Gotta quote Billy Bob Thornton from Bad Santa: "Wish in one hand and s--t in the other hand, and see which one fills up first."

Who made these demands? It sounds like a high school student, definately somebody naive .

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    These people are stupid. Gotta quote Billy Bob Thornton from Bad Santa: "Wish in one hand and s--t in the other hand, and see which one fills up first."

Who made these demands? It sounds like a high school student, definately somebody naive .
    These are the "people" who think they are in the majority, and will rule the world some day. :dunno:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just because someone refuses to work doesn't mean they shouldn't have the best of everything.

:lmfao:

These fools really don't realize they'll be some of the ones forced to work at gunpoint for starvation wages.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    They are demanding government-forced redistribution of wealth.

I don't comprehend how this qualifies as anarchy.

Well, at least some of them are calling themselves "anarchists." Now they may be as clueless as you seem to be, but I guess we'll have to let folks' perceptions sort that all out at length.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Well, at least some of them are calling themselves "anarchists." Now they may be as clueless as you seem to be, but I guess we'll have to let folks' perceptions sort that all out at length.

I was discussing the list of demands.

They were not anarchist by any stretch of the imagination. There may have been some anarchists there as well.

I'm not going to call you any names though.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A start? A start for what? The New Soviet Union's latest satellite country. Which of those can you honestly support? (Not including the paper ballot one. I could probably get behind that; though I'd much prefer an inked finger to prevent multiple votes.) Everything on their list is designed to erode the individual liberties, wipe out personal responsibility, and hand every last bit of control over to the federal government. Surely you don't support any of that. Please tell me you don't support that.
    Check that link again, there appear to be at least 2 lists of demands floating around out there. Which is unsurprising from a large, organic protest of diverse people with no true leader.

In fact, both of these lists appear to be nothing more than forum threads posted by individuals. The media took the most extreme one and ran with it, trying to pigeonhole the entire movement based on one thread.

List 1:
    http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

List 2:
    http://occupywallst.org/forum/specific-demand-and-action-list-for-washington-dc/

Last edited:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Check that link again, there appear to be at least 2 lists of demands floating around out there. Which is unsurprising from a large, organic protest of diverse people with no true leader.

In fact, both of these lists appear to be nothing more than forum threads posted by individuals. The media took the most extreme one and ran with it, trying to pigeonhole the entire movement based on one thread.

List 1:

List 2:
    Specific Demand And Action List For Washington, DC | OccupyWallSt.org Forum

Hmmm..........sounds like some of the philosiphies and stories posted around here :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

List 1:

List 2:
    Specific Demand And Action List For Washington, DC | OccupyWallSt.org Forum

You keep using that word, pigeon-hole. No one is pigeon-holing anybody. Regardless of which list you want to use, the same characterization of the participants will be reached. You can fool yourself if you want by limiting your scrutiny to the superficial similarities you may or may not hold with them. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist--although my husband does agree--that there isn't a demand out there that is presented for the expansion and preservation of the individual's liberty. Every last on item is predicated on the consequences it will have for the collective good. Translation: every last item furthers their goal towards a communistic society under authoritarian rule.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You keep using that word, pigeon-hole. No one is pigeon-holing anybody. Regardless of which list you want to use, the same characterization of the participants will be reached. You can fool yourself if you want by limiting your scrutiny to the superficial similarities you may or may not hold with them. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist--although my husband does agree--that there isn't a demand out there that is presented for the expansion and preservation of the individual's liberty. Every last on item is predicated on the consequences it will have for the collective good. Translation: every last item furthers their goal towards a communistic society under authoritarian rule.

That sums it up perfectly.

Creative Brain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I'm not certain that all of the participants are fully aware of the magnitude of what this movement wants to accomplish. ...Just a bunch of sheep that want to feel like they're a part of something big.

This Just in from THE BLAZE.com:

"CHEERING ECONOMIC TERRORISM – SEIU GETTING READY TO ‘TERRIFY’ DC: STEPHEN LERNER AT SEIU MEETING OUTLINES RULES FOR CREATING A CRISIS — WE WANT THEIR KIDS TO HATE THEM, NAME ENEMIES LIKE GLENN BECK, SHUT DOWN BRIDGES, LONG OCCUPATIONS, RECRUIT TEA PARTY" -The Blaze

View the thread at:

Cheering Economic Terrorism

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Living wage regardless of employment
    Open Borders
    No nuclear power
    End fossil fuel economy
    Free College education
    Single Payer healthcare
    Raise min wage to $20/hr
    Debt forgiveness for everyone on the planet

LOL! :laugh::laugh::laugh::n00b:

Do these idiots have no clue how the economy works?

Pay for doing nothing. Immigrants being given generous social benefits, including free college & healthcare. No nuclear or fossil fuel energy...requiring hydroelectric, solar, & wind only...increasing power costs 10-fold or more. A minimum wage that's within a few hundred of my annual salary. Debt mulligans?...

So...sounds like a living wage would end up being $40k/yr due to increased energy costs. Plumbers would cost as much as lawyers. Nobody would become doctors. Businesses wouldn't be able to afford employees. Loan interest would skyrocket to 20% or better because of mass default.

Yeah, that should fix things...

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not certain that all of the participants are fully aware of the magnitude of what this movement wants to accomplish. ...Just a bunch of sheep that want to feel like they're a part of something big.

This Just in from THE BLAZE.com:

"CHEERING ECONOMIC TERRORISM – SEIU GETTING READY TO ‘TERRIFY’ DC: STEPHEN LERNER AT SEIU MEETING OUTLINES RULES FOR CREATING A CRISIS — WE WANT THEIR KIDS TO HATE THEM, NAME ENEMIES LIKE GLENN BECK, SHUT DOWN BRIDGES, LONG OCCUPATIONS, RECRUIT TEA PARTY" -The Blaze

View the thread at:

Cheering Economic Terrorism

Interesting how the last part of that vid he talks about how to co-opt TEA party folks by going after banks (Actually - the problem is with ONE bank - The Federal Reserve) - but Lerner likes to lump anyone with money into the "Evil" side...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What financial oppression? Is it oppression when you borrow money and then refuse to pay it back? Is it oppression when you ask for a loan that you know you can't repay? Is it oppression when you demand subsidies like free education for yourself, while stealing the money from your neighbor?

That's what I thought.

Financial Oppression is when I have to give the state money every year for the right to live on my paid for property. It's when I have to pay an extra $12 a month on my phone bill so kids in Appalachia can have free internet. It's when my kid has to pay $5 a day for his school lunch so some other kid can have theirs for free.

Top Bottom