• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, food for thought. While carrying a rifle near an elementary school...don't get in a pissing match with the responding officers. Move that rifle in the wrong direction and you will have a bad day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I can remember the days I carried a Savage model 24 in.22Lr/.410ga, broken down under the seat of my pickup truck, to school. During squirrel and rabbit seasons it would be in my truck more days than not. Obviously I also had ammo for it.

Lots of people knew about it, including a few teachers. No-one had an issue with it being on school property. Back then it was not required to possess a LTCH to carry. Indiana was constitutional carry.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Jackbooted thuggery! Meye rye-its, meye rye-its!

Time to revisit a classic while the facts come in on the unfortunate shooting:

[video=youtube;RNPxIibhcKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPxIibhcKY&list=PL10AFE944EB078474[/video]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    “We don’t believe he was aiming or shooting the weapon,” said the police spokesman.
    “We don’t believe he was aiming or shooting the weapon,” said the police spokesman.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

We all heard you the first time....and was he referring to:
    a) what prompted people to call the police in the first place?
    b) what happened at the time of the shooting?
    c) both?
    d) darned if we know from that quote alone because it's not clear.

Looks like "d" to me.

[edit] As more info. comes in, it seems to be "a":

http://myedmondsnews.com/2013/09/up...investigation-reveals-rifle-leveled-officers/

Snell said the result of the investigation so far show that the suspect made no threats to the citizens, who had called 911 to report the man walking with a rifle on Puget Drive just before 7:30 a.m. Saturday. “According to witnesses, when Edmonds Police Department officers arrived, they gave several verbal commands for the suspect to drop his weapon, a .22 rifle,” Snell said. “The suspect did not comply and, at one point, leveled the weapon at officers. Officers fired multiple shots, striking the suspect.”

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    c) both?

Looks like "d" to me.

Update on Saturday shooting: Suspect has history of mental illness; investigation reveals rifle 'leveled at officers' - My Edmonds News

Yup, that muzzle comes near me, it's going to end badly for you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Time to revisit a classic while the facts come in on the unfortunate shooting:

Stop making fun of Tippecanoe County.

And so?

If one knowingly or intentionally points a gun at another human being, either by leveling or aiming, expect to get yourself shot in lawful self-defense.

Good shoot.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Didn't a Seattle cop gun down a Native American woodcarver while he was carving a mini totem pole with a 3" knife?

Yup... shooting of the homeless, half-deaf, 50 year old Native American was judged "unjustifiable" and Officer Birk was forced to resign. Prosecutor refused to file charges against Birk and the man's family was awarded $1.5 million of the taxpayer's dollars. Officer Birk fired off five rounds within 12 seconds of getting out of his patrol car.

HistoryLink.org- the Free Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History

[video=youtube;EnKLEOXenow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKLEOXenow[/video]

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yup... shooting of the homeless, half-deaf, 50 year old Native American was judged "unjustifiable" and Officer Birk was forced to resign. Prosecutor refused to file charges against Birk and the man's family was awarded $1.5 million of the taxpayer's dollars. Officer Birk fired off five rounds within 12 seconds of getting out of his patrol car.

HistoryLink.org- the Free Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History

[video=youtube;EnKLEOXenow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKLEOXenow[/video]

When all 50 of those po-po were holding hands walking up the man's lifeless body I wonder if they would have all just opened fire if he twitched or something??? Probably...probably would have been quite the show too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yup... shooting of the homeless, half-deaf, 50 year old Native American was judged "unjustifiable" and Officer Birk was forced to resign.....

​Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is INGO. Don't try to convince us that when police screw up, there are actual consequences.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    c) both?

Looks like "d" to me.

Update on Saturday shooting: Suspect has history of mental illness; investigation reveals rifle 'leveled at officers' - My Edmonds News

Is that the same police spokesmen that took the initial information from the officers and said he did not appear to have aimed or fired the gun at the officers?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Is the guy that got shot still alive? Whats his story? I've heard the police side. Couldn't be a case of jumpy cops shooting then saying.."he aimed it at us."

I'm just at the point when I have read so much I just don't know what to believe. I've seen both sides lie.

Top Bottom