• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That really sucks! I had to park a good distance away Friday, but maybe the crappy weather kept the bad guys away. Lazy no good takin'-other-people's-stuff bastages... :xmad:

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Yeah man I herd about your truck from the two Sheriff deputies that were helping me jump start my truck. I left my lights on like an idiot and trying to jump a diesel is not an easy task. There was a van that got broken into also.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    This ^ . If they're gonna make you pay to park , aren't they obligated to provide security ?
    I assume like most paid parking events, there is a little sign at the collection booth saying Not Responsible For Theft Or Damage To Vehicles .
    To most employees this means it not my job to watch for or report any problems:(

Last edited:

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    That sucks. I'll share what I have learned from experience.

They make metal plates to prevent how they got in. Take your truck back to whoever installed the alarm and make it so the alarm goes off if anything electrical is turned on...for example, your dome light. If someone evens tries to enter numbers on the pass-code buttons, the alarm goes off.

Hope that helps.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Unless my car is unlocked via remote, if I armed the alarm, it will go off. Even if I use a key to unlock, it goes off.

Sorry to hear about it though. I doubt the fairgrounds will pay for it. They probably have the policy of we take your money and don't care if someone else takes your stuff.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When I got there Saturday mid-morning and paid to park they handed me the little card with the ticket. Card said something about locking vehicles and such. Never got that before.

Maybe they already knew there was a problem this show?

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I seem to get stuck in the old IUPUI lot every time, probably because I don't go until later in the day. I didn't even get a paper ticket.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Last time my truck got broken into was during Drill @ National Guard Armory.
    Guarded and Gated lot, and no one saw anything.
    Both windows smashed,glass everywhere and all they took was a Mag Light.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I read this thread before heading to the 1500 today and decide to put my full body coyote decoy in the back of my work van as a little deterent to anyone peeking in the windows. Just after I parked, a guy who pulled in next to me yelled at me for leaving a dog in my vehicle, so I told him to try to get him to come to the window. We both had a little laugh and agreed that anyone who just glanced in would probably move on.

Top Bottom