• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have started a purging process but it’s very painful and not as aggressive as it should be but it usually starts after I trip over the same crap several times. I shout out something like I’m about to rent a dumpster and a skid steer and load all this mess up.

One of the best ones was when my mother in law asked me last week if I needed a fiberglass repair kit. I said I’m not sure why. She then tells me she has one in her refrigerator. In your refrigerator I reply. She said yes Phil (her late husband that passed away 17 years ago) had her put the kit in the fridge because it would last longer. She sold her house and moved from Kokomo to northern Indiana in 2013. The fiberglass kit went into a cooler with all the other food item to go back into the new refrigerator. It was still in there last week and I’m betting it is probably still there if anybody needs to repair some fiberglass.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Lots of stuff, but off the top of my head a brand new set of model specific (i.e. most likely won't fit in anything else) floor mats from a car that I no longer own.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I tell the world that I'm a minimalist, the truth comes out when they walk into my garage or shop.
    Things in my big toolbox are HEI coils with broken green wires, some R45 spark plugs from 5 plug tuneups and little packages of brake caliber silicone that i saved for 40 years being thrifty.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have a can of white hominy that I bought in college to make pozole. Never used it to make pozole but I have kept that can for almost 40 years. My wife is even into it. It sits in the back of the cupboard.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For some reason, I can't pitch spare screws and parts that come with things. Sometimes it pays off having them around, but 99% of the time they are just in the way. I usually reach a purge point, and it all goes... the next thing you know, my not-junk drawer is a junk drawer again.

I now pitch anything left over after I assemble something. A lot of products seem to come with the tools to put it together; allen wrenches, little screwdrivers, what ever. They might also have other pieces for a different application then what I'm using it for. I used to keep it. Now it all goes to the trash with the box (which I used to keep).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't even know where to begin...scratch that, I don't know where to end.

I have a set of spare keys for every car I have owned since 1992.

I have 2 broken, never to be repaired iPads...in my night stand.

I have every cell phone I have owned from 2003 (when I got my first) until now.

I have 2 digital to analog TV converter boxes and I own no tube TVs.

I have a TRS-80 Color Computer (with the upgrade to 32k)

I have 250 feet of window screen spline...which is the wrong size for every window screen in the house.

...and on and on

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't even know where to begin...scratch that, I don't know where to end.

I have 250 feet of window screen spline...which is the wrong size for every window screen in the house.

...and on and on

Hmm...I wonder if that would work when I redo the screens in my porch?

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    this thread would be so much better with pictures of the random stuffs :):
    Now that you mention it. Check this baby out. It's a tabletop lighter that looks like a chopper. Hk MP5 mag for scale. Ain't it sweet? Have no memory of where, when or why I bought this thing.

dTf31A1.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    In the unfinished attic of our Ohio house there is an old hand eggbeater hanging on a nail from the rafter, with some batter still clinging to it. It was there when we got the house, but we never moved it for fear of invoking some ancient curse. AFAIK it is still there.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I remember watching the movie Bennie and Joon with Jonny Depp in it. They would meet weekly and play poker and the stakes seemed to be useless stuff. It might be a good time to start a useless stuff poker series.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I figured all the junk I have collected will, someday, fund my retirement and consume my time trying to find that right people that will pay me something for it.

10MHz Heathkit Oscilloscope anyone? I have an old one and an even older one, at least 40 years old.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I figured all the junk I have collected will, someday, fund my retirement and consume my time trying to find that right people that will pay me something for it.

10MHz Heathkit Oscilloscope anyone? I have an old one and an even older one, at least 40 years old.

Well, I've been retired 4 years now . The stuff I saved for retirement is in he way of the new stuff I keep buying.....

Don

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    "10MHz Heathkit Oscilloscope anyone? I have an old one and an even older one, at least 40 years old."
    1801 A dual trace Hewlett- Packard analog scope. Haven't used in 20 years. Purchased in 1992 from a guy who said he got it from Crane Navel Base. Kept it to trouble shoot and repair a Pioneer SX-535 stereo receiver that hasn't worked for 30 years. Yeah, I got some stuff!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I probably have close to 500 music CD's and haven't listened to one (other than one or two in the car) in probably 10 years. I keep telling myself I should get rid of them and the rack they're on (it would free up some space for another gun cabinet), but haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I had a deal with myself last year to make sure I threw away a box a week. I almost have the garrage sorted. I can see the floor now. Every time I go out there I get side tracked.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom