• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a deal with myself last year to make sure I threw away a box a week. I almost have the garrage sorted. I can se the floor now. Every time I go out there I get side tracked.

I fit both cars in our garage for the first time since we bought the house over 5 years ago. It's nice.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I just threw out the last repair project that required my wood lathe. I guess I can sell that now.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    15 years ago we moved from a house we had lived in 30 yrs and the attic was full of "might need this later stuff". Well I tossed 95 % of it and moved into a house with a nice clean attic, guess what it is full of generation ll "might need later stuff". Its a sickness!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    This is Sounding like Hoarders-Anonymous! Yes IÂ’m a member of HA. Years ago my daughter run a booth in flea market, she did well. Since then made a vow to throw out at least one thing everytime I rearrange the garage. Easy come, easy go.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got to say that I'm proud of DoggyMama. I can walk down one side of my car in the garage without turning sideways now! I've taken about 5 carloads (Hyundai Elantra Touring - it's like a small station wagon) to Goodwill in the past couple of weeks. She kept saving stuff to have a yard sale that would never materialize and finally decided to just let it go.

iu

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Not as much as I used to. A couple 900 mile moves and raising 5 kids in the house we bought when we had one kid has meant I had to get rid of quite a bit, although I do still have some stuff. Below is a picture of a bowl used for small object scanning from the Baltimore airport that ended up coming home with me. It lives atop the freezer in the foyer now.

rCjeywv.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I still have stuff in the garage my dad saved because it might be useful some day...I see a lot of it on the shelves of antique stores now. I have the tools my grandfather used as a finishing carpenter.

Most worthless pile though are cables and bits from obsolescent computer systems.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Had obtained a .432 diameter 210 grain RFN mold. Bigger diameter than I needed. Really wanted a heavier slug. Never used it and it sat in a box forever.

Now my big brother has a 1872 with .432 throats and short cylinder length so what can I do except mail it to him and accept all things are of a purpose.

Ooooom.
    :cheers:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    YES. All of it.

Just when I'm about to purge stuff, I need something. New compressor bypass valve hose for the turbo Baja due to aftermarket parts? this old radiator hose fits perfect. Someone needs a bit of spark plug wire to get an antique engine running? have a box full. Heat exchanger for the cooling loop in the induction coil? old CPU coolers to the rescue.

I should see what kind of reloading press, I can trade for.

What kind of lathe? I have a lee loadmaster with lots of parts and some upgrades.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kung-flu was a good thing in giving me time to purge. I had two burn barrels running nonstop for two weeks. Trash pick up allows two cans and 14 garbage bags. It took five weeks. Now I have a 13x39 man cave, a 13x10 pantry, and a 9x15 reloading room.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    For some reason i keep 22 lr brass from the range. Thinking i may use it to try my hand at making 223 bullets but who knows if that will happen.

Being on a small farm I always keep any hardware I can pull off of old appliances or furniture. Have used some of it but not sure its worth the storage space or how often I give up and just go to the hardware store ha!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In college, I rolled up a small menu at Bruno's and coated it in candle wax. Twenty years later and it's still around somewhere.

Does that count?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Between my interests in guns, cars, aviation, building models, photography, clocks and the military it’s hard to say what you could find around here. I’m fortunate enough to have a basement that has 2 bedrooms, a living area, a full bath and a large laundry room. My Man Cave is just full of interesting stuff, well at least interesting to me.

Top Bottom