• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I disagree.

With which part?

So you're saying Kut got banned because Trumpers went to far defending Trump? I thought he was banned for breaking the rules.

:n00b:

You must be exhausted this morning from building such a big strawman. ;)

With all his calling out of Trump supporters, I think he did find out how far INGOers were willing to go in that regard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With which part?

You must be exhausted this morning from building such a big strawman. ;)

With all his calling out of Trump supporters, I think he did find out how far INGOers were willing to go in that regard.

No. Seriously. He broke the rules, no? Did Trump supporters ban Kut? Serious question.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is NOT to defend Pres Trump in any way, however... here goes.

I would venture to say that every single member of the intelligence community has lied to congress during testimony. We now know that CIA Director James Clapper committed perjury when he appeared before the Senate and lied about collecting data on the American public.

We now know that CIA Director John Brennan blatantly lied about spying on US Senate staffers.

The intelligence community is paid to LIE! They are experts in misinformation, propaganda, and misleading statements.

Yet, all of a sudden, because what they are speaking aligns with the liberal media viewpoint they become the paragon of virtue and honesty who must not be questioned???

Because they'd never lie to the President, right? They'll break the law and lie to congress. They'll lie to the media. Why not the President?

I am not saying they are or are not lying on this issue. I am saying that it is ridiculous to question the disbelief in their comments. By lying before and not telling the truth they have undermined their own credibility. It used to be that a man was only as good as his word. Their word sucks. Their credibility sucks.

Tell me why I should believe them now, today, when they have proven over and over, time and again, that lying to them is as natural as breathing to the rest of us?

Methinks the media doth protest too much.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No. Seriously. He broke the rules, no? Did Trump supporters ban Kut? Serious question.

WTF dude? I didn't even bring that up.

Serious answer(s): I don't know if he broke the rules, because I missed whatever happened. Mod(s) banned Kut, but I have no idea of their support of Trump.

There's also a serious logic problem with what you're reading into my post.

Politics is ok to talk about here on INGO. Kut's posts about politics, while controversial, from what I can tell were within the rules. Those posts tended to push Trump supporters to see how far they would go in their defense of Trump.

Since politics is within the rules, those posts could not have been responsible for Kut's ban. Whatever Kut did to get banned would necessarily have to have been outside of those posts.

I honestly do not know why Kut was banned. I do not think it was because of his political posts.

If it was, then THAT probably explains why people are reluctant to post about politics. (At least among those that "know" Kut got banned because of political posts.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I took this comment the same way as Jamil.

It didn't seem that the lines in between read pretty clear.

T.Lex, I'm open to a different interpretation, but if my interpretation is off the table, I'm afraid I had no idea what you meant.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I took this comment the same way as Jamil.

It didn't seem that the lines in between read pretty clear.

T.Lex, I'm open to a different interpretation, but if my interpretation is off the table, I'm afraid I had no idea what you meant.

I explained what I meant, and even re-reading it, I'm not sure I could've been clearer.

I know you guys participated in Kut's discussions of Trump's actions, and like me, probably read of even more that you didn't participate in. Did not Kut push Trump supporters in their defense of Trump? (And even some non-Trump supporters in their defense of Trump.) Heck, I think I even engaged with him on a couple things that I think Trump did well on.

Did we not see certain other Trump supporters go to GREAT lengths... perhaps even absurd lengths... in their support?

Does that not mean that we saw "how far Trump supporters would go"?

How else could I have said that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    WTF dude? I didn't even bring that up.

Serious answer(s): I don't know if he broke the rules, because I missed whatever happened. Mod(s) banned Kut, but I have no idea of their support of Trump.

There's also a serious logic problem with what you're reading into my post.

Politics is ok to talk about here on INGO. Kut's posts about politics, while controversial, from what I can tell were within the rules. Those posts tended to push Trump supporters to see how far they would go in their defense of Trump.

Since politics is within the rules, those posts could not have been responsible for Kut's ban. Whatever Kut did to get banned would necessarily have to have been outside of those posts.

I honestly do not know why Kut was banned. I do not think it was because of his political posts.

If it was, then THAT probably explains why people are reluctant to post about politics. (At least among those that "know" Kut got banned because of political posts.)

I missed it too. But what does this mean then?

I think he was continually testing how far people would go to defend Trump.

I guess he found out.

First part I agree with on it's own. But then you add the second. He found out what? Regardless of how illogical that statement would be if you meant it how I took it, it is the most logical to conclude? What even most recently affected Kut which could mean him finding out something? Yeah. He got banned. You don't have to say something logical for someone to logically conclude that you meant something illogical.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I missed it too. But what does this mean then?

First part I agree with on it's own. But then you add the second. He found out what? Regardless of how illogical that statement would be if you meant it how I took it, it is the most logical to conclude? What even most recently affected Kut which could mean him finding out something? Yeah. He got banned. You don't have to say something logical for someone to logically conclude that you meant something illogical.

I think we're posting at the same time.

I'll wait until you see my next post to respond, but I'll point out (again) that I didn't mention him being banned. That's something you are grafting onto my comments.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I explained what I meant, and even re-reading it, I'm not sure I could've been clearer.

I know you guys participated in Kut's discussions of Trump's actions, and like me, probably read of even more that you didn't participate in. Did not Kut push Trump supporters in their defense of Trump? (And even some non-Trump supporters in their defense of Trump.) Heck, I think I even engaged with him on a couple things that I think Trump did well on.

Did we not see certain other Trump supporters go to GREAT lengths... perhaps even absurd lengths... in their support?

Does that not mean that we saw "how far Trump supporters would go"?

How else could I have said that?

How far they would go to what? What great length did they go to that you'd "guess" he found out? The first thing up on the list of events was his banning. Yeah. You probably could have made what you guess Kut found out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we're posting at the same time.

I'll wait until you see my next post to respond, but I'll point out (again) that I didn't mention him being banned. That's something you are grafting onto my comments.

An easy graft, given the events. "I guess he found out."

What context does "I guess he found out" bring you to? It brings me to the context of him being banned. Probably if you'd have said the same thing before he'd have been banned, a different context would have been more obvious. Perhaps the one you intended. It's not a big deal. You've made yourself clear now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    An easy graft, given the events. "I guess he found out."

What context does "I guess he found out" bring you to? It brings me to the context of him being banned. Probably if you'd have said the same thing before he'd have been banned, a different context would have been more obvious. Perhaps the one you intended. It's not a big deal. You've made yourself clear now.

Ok, I think we're caught up.

The context of the thread, of the post I was responding to, AND my post was the recent "quiet" on Trump and politics. KLB brought up Kut's absence and I was disagreeing about how much explanation that provided.

In terms of how I "probably could have made [clear?] what guess Kut found out" - literally the sentence preceding that was how far Trump supporters were willing to go. I didn't feel it necessary to list all the "4d chess" and "drain the swamp" and "if nobody likes it, then he must be doing it right" posts. Gimme a break. Are you saying you aren't familiar with all those defenses, including the absurd extremes of some of them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, I think we're caught up.

The context of the thread, of the post I was responding to, AND my post was the recent "quiet" on Trump and politics. KLB brought up Kut's absence and I was disagreeing about how much explanation that provided.

In terms of how I "probably could have made [clear?] what guess Kut found out" - literally the sentence preceding that was how far Trump supporters were willing to go. I didn't feel it necessary to list all the "4d chess" and "drain the swamp" and "if nobody likes it, then he must be doing it right" posts. Gimme a break. Are you saying you aren't familiar with all those defenses, including the absurd extremes of some of them?

No. I'm saying the most obvious context for "guess Kut found out" is Kut's banning. That's the colloquial kind of statement you make when something has happened to a person like that. An adjacent statement to that would be "guess he found out the hard way" which is what that sounded like. What did Kut find out? Like I said. It's not a big deal.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No. I'm saying the most obvious context for "guess Kut found out" is Kut's banning. That's the colloquial kind of statement you make when something has happened to a person like that. An adjacent statement to that would be "guess he found out the hard way" which is what that sounded like. What did Kut find out? Like I said. It's not a big deal.

Just so I can be clear - are you still asking me what Kut found out?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    C'mon. It's not like Trump isn't running his own swamp. I don't think the world is coming to an end like the media seems to portray. But Trump has his own swamp too. Every 4 to 8 years we might drain the old swamp and fill it back up to make a new one. People should stop pretending Trump is so above all that. He's doing some good and some bad. I'd rather he weren't so eager to kneel and fellate Putin. But overall the policies he's pursued are generally better than the last swamp. That's really the best I can say about him.

That's about where I'm at.

...though I remember a time when the left was begging a president to kiss Russian hynie...but they were openly (and proudly) communist then and the president was an avowed ant-communist.

Trump says what he says in the moment to curry favor with whoever is in front of him at that moment. That's what he does. What he says may or may not have anything to do with policy. Everyone should just relax and see what actually happens and worry less about what happens in a presser.

Did anyone actually think Trump was going to walk up to Putin, flip him the bird and tell him to stay out of our elections? C'mon.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DiSee6RVAAAzsSp.jpg

Top Bottom