• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wouldn’t look for much change. I mean Why would they change something that has sold the world over and works? Until Gaston is not involved I would be surprised if something new came out. I could care less about forward slide serrations but I never thought I’d see the day they would be standard in several models. That was a surprise to me.

I’m just glad we have the options if makes and models of good guns these days than we did in the mid 1980’s
    They sell because they work good enough, not that they're that awesome lol. Don't get me wrong I have a 19 G4, and 17 G5 MOS but if I really want to shoot that's not the two I would grab. In the 80's and 90's you had the Sig P226, didn't really need anything else.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    They sell because they work good enough, not that they're that awesome lol. Don't get me wrong I have a 19 G4, and 17 G5 MOS but if I really want to shoot that's not the two I would grab. In the 80's and 90's you had the Sig P226, didn't really need anything else.
    Have a Sig 226 I carry. Used Sigs more than anything since 1994 either issued or personal. Then there is that side that want to complain about hammer fired guns and how antique they are.

Like Glock went to finger grooves and people complained so Gen 5 they offered no finger grooves while still marking Gen 3 and 4 with. People still complained. Heck I wouldn’t try and make a carbine either.

Same with the DA days Oh the M9 has the decocker in the slide. The S&W isn’t just a decocker on and on and on.

Maybe Gun people are sometimes way too picky LOl

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If you carry any of those 3 pistols you've listed today, you still don't really NEED anything else

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have been told by a firearms instructor to keep the trigger stock out at least a trigger around 5lbs. In stressful situations, you don't want to shoot accidentally. I'm not talking about trigger discipline. I'm talking about when you have your finger on the trigger and ready to shoot.
    Or, maybe simply keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready or have to shoot so you don't have an 'accidental discharge' or 'sympathetic response'...
    I prefer a flat-faced trigger, but do NOT like the 3.5# ghost connectors that are available because they don't allow for the feel of a 'crisp' or definitive break-point on the trigger! I prefer a trigger that is 4-5# range with a felt break point!

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How often would I be in such a situation? I'd say probably never in the area I live. I'd probably need protection from rabid dogs, coon, or coyote than bad guys. However, crime is very random in my area and you just don't know.

Any kind of edge over the bad guy even a simple trigger job is still an edge.
    Training is also an edge, and probably the best edge a person can have. I'm sure if they find out you were trained in self-defense they would attack you for that as well. Any veteran will probably be scrutinized because of their training as well. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If you need that aftermarket trigger to take care of a rabid dog, coon, or coyote then do what you need to do.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Or, maybe simply keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready or have to shoot so you don't have an 'accidental discharge' or 'sympathetic response'...
    I prefer a flat-faced trigger, but do NOT like the 3.5# ghost connectors that are available because they don't allow for the feel of a 'crisp' or definitive break-point on the trigger! I prefer a trigger that is 4-5# range with a felt break point!

That's the best plan, but nobody is perfect. Same reason I won't carry a gun AIWB that doesn't have some sort of striker/hammer control while holstering. I am aware that I can make a mistake, and built in redundancies mean I have to make multiple mistakes at the same time to get a bad outcome.

I wonder how much bull's eye type and slow fire events inform people's opinion on what matters in a carry trigger. Probably right up there with instagram and youtube celebs.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Had a discussion, this past weekend, regarding using a full 'OEM' sidearm for EDC...or if it was 'okay' to utilize aftermarket parts, including a flat-faced trigger?
    I've tried 'Ghost' 3.5# connector in a Glock pistol and didn't like that it didn't have a solid or 'felt' break point...I just wasn't comfortable not feeling it 'break' before it fired!
    One other aspect of the conversation centered around the idea that an aftermarket or 'modified' pistol could or would get one in more trouble, legally (with an over-zealous DA) should one have to use it in self-defense encounter?
    Question: Does anyone incorporate an aftermarket trigger in a pistol, including a flat-faced trigger, or a lighter connector (specifically in a Glock)...in their EDC?
    Just being curious...what say y'all ? ? ?
    Not taking a position here, but just want to mention - if your Ghost connector doesn't produce a "felt" break point, something is wrong. Re-check everything in the system, because that is not right.

I think aftermarkets can be ok, but you have to make sure it was all done by you, or a reputable gunsmith. I will not buy a used gun that has been "worked on." There is a YouTube video of a lady USPSA competitor who bought a used SW M&P, and it ventilated her leg after she made ready and holstered, IIRC. She had the gun all checked out, and it really was the gun's fault. Previous owner had messed with it excessively. She posted a "Tex Grebner video" detailing the whole ordeal. She had a worse outcome than Tex, and really had a struggle re-teaching herself to walk.

Be careful buying any used pistol that will go in a holster. If it's been worked on, you are buying a pig in a poke.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Not taking a position here, but just want to mention - if your Ghost connector doesn't produce a "felt" break point, something is wrong. Re-check everything in the system, because that is not right.

I think aftermarkets can be ok, but you have to make sure it was all done by you, or a reputable gunsmith. I will not buy a used gun that has been "worked on." There is a YouTube video of a lady USPSA competitor who bought a used SW M&P, and it ventilated her leg after she made ready and holstered, IIRC. She had the gun all checked out, and it really was the gun's fault. Previous owner had messed with it excessively. She posted a "Tex Grebner video" detailing the whole ordeal. She had a worse outcome than Tex, and really had a struggle re-teaching herself to walk.

Be careful buying any used pistol that will go in a holster. If it's been worked on, you are buying a pig in a poke.
    I put the one Ghost connector that I purchased in two (2) different Glock pistols, a 19 and a 26, and had the same issue with both pistols. Replaced the Ghost connector with the OEM 5.5# connector...and everything went back to normal! Everything was installed correctly with both the OEM connector and the Ghost connector...issue was repeated in the 26! That's been my experience...learned from it the first time!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Anytime you buy a used pistol it's a good idea to have someone qualified check it out before trusting it. Too many people think they know what they are doing that don't. I can't speak about everything but a Glock or M&P are easily and inexpesively repaired if someone has butchered them. Anyone that has a used one they are afraid of feel free to PM me, I'll take it off your hands. :naughty:
    The standard Ghost connector is a duplicate of the factory minus connector. The Rocket is a minus connector with an overtravel tab but both should still allow you to feel the wall before the break. The Ghost EVO connector is the only one that I'm aware of that is designed to minimize the "felt brake point".
    There's nothing wrong with quality aftermarket parts it's usually installation issues that cause problems.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    T
    Anytime you buy a used pistol it's a good idea to have someone qualified check it out before trusting it. Too many people think they know what they are doing that don't. I can't speak about everything but a Glock or M&P are easily and inexpesively repaired if someone has butchered them. Anyone that has a used one they are afraid of feel free to PM me, I'll take it off your hands. :naughty:
    The standard Ghost connector is a duplicate of the factory minus connector. The Rocket is a minus connector with an overtravel tab but both should still allow you to feel the wall before the break. The Ghost EVO connector is the only one that I'm aware of that is designed to minimize the "felt brake point".
    There's nothing wrong with quality aftermarket parts it's usually installation issues that cause problems.
    The Edge removes the felt wall. I have one in one of my 19s. I REALLY like it. I've had the Evo, regular ghost, and ultimate. The Edge is my favorite. It's almost like a Kahr trigger but not as smooth. I know it's not for everyone but when shooting live fire I consciously can't discern the wall.

Top Bottom