• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ...and you people must have some big pockets.

Normal pockets on cargo shorts or jean shorts all summer, and no problems with a .45 Shield in the front pocket.
    Even easier when I get my hands on a Sig P365 for summer carry.

Not sure why I should bother with an uncomfortable belt holster and cover garment for a 16 shot 9mm (G19, M&P, etc) when 13 rounds of 9mm fits in a pocket-sized gun, with a spare 12 round mag in the other pocket.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah cause there's nothing like having a pistol banging into your leg all day........ I also wouldn't be willing trust retention of my gun by some cheap thin single thread stitched pocket.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You pocket carriers ever run a timer to check your draw times from the pocket?

Pocket carry sucks for speed drills, but works pretty well on the street vs robbers. Drawing a pocket gun mimics compliance when done properly, and the "timer" doesn't start until the bad guy realizes what's up. All carry positions have strengths and weaknesses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    How are you fitting a shield in your pocket? Im 185 ish and no way. I tried a j frame one time and it fit but it looked like i had a grapefruit in my pocket. And if i had to use it the bad guy would have enough time to reach in my other pocket , steal my wallet and get around the block before i could get it out of the holster.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    You pocket carriers ever run a timer to check your draw times from the pocket?

Yea.
    its a little slow from normal hands at sides or surrender
    but, it’s quite fast if I already have a firing grip on the gun in my pocket, something that’s hard to do w.o drawing attention to yourself with the gun on belt.

as an example a couple weeks ago some dork wanted to sell me something at the gas station. He was being all weird and awkward about it. As he approached I put the gas nozzle/hose between us and was leaning on the truck, all chill... with a firing grip on the gun

it has downsides, like drawing while in a wrestling match. Drawing in a car sucks (is what the skinny peddle is for), though seated draws aren’t bad, depending on the exact situation.

-rvb

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    though seated draws aren’t bad, depending on the exact situation.
    -rvb

*pants and thigh size dependent. Due to my elephantine thighs, pocket carry isn't for me and I'd need to slice a pocket open to get anything out while seated. :D

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't have an LTCH. I never really saw the point of getting one.

I convinced my dad to get his (Even though at the time he didn't own any kind of handgun what so ever - and hasn't carried the one that he eventually bought for himself) so he could be another statistic. Another Hoosier on the rolls, officially, of those citizens having an LTCH.

And plus what VUPD said.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    How does an inanimate object accidentally discharges? I can see it accidentally BEING discharged. Yahoo News must have written this headline.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    How are you fitting a shield in your pocket? Im 185 ish and no way. I tried a j frame one time and it fit but it looked like i had a grapefruit in my pocket. And if i had to use it the bad guy would have enough time to reach in my other pocket , steal my wallet and get around the block before i could get it out of the holster.

Easily. I wear somewhat loose fitting shorts in the summer, but prefer heavier fabric like jean shorts or really durable cargo shorts. They are not tight, but it's not like they are MC Hammer pants, either. 5'10", 220 here.

And a J frame is laughably easy. The only one who thinks it looks like a grapefruit in your pocket is you. People don't pull their noses out of their cell phones long enough to notice even open carry most of the time, let alone someone with the slight print of a J frame or Shield in a pocket.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1c27da122168cdaead6c250a4147cce3--mae-west-quotes-housewife-humor.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How does an inanimate object accidentally discharges? I can see it accidentally BEING discharged. Yahoo News must have written this headline.

One possibility: a revolver in the pocket with one's car keys. No pocket holster. Hinge at the hip. Bang.

Not discharged by the finger. Discharged by stupidity/carelessness maybe.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am probably the only one thinking this but I am thinking maybe a NAA mini revolver.....

I pocket carried for 3.5 months when I had to bag poo through my stomach...Suspenders and no belt...I had lost 30 lbs, wore Carhart's and it worked with a 640-1 and a good pocket holster...About three weeks after the reversal surgery my wound healed enough for me to start wearing a belt again and the 640-1 went back IWB behind the hip....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

INGO: Oh, no, will Freeman talk about his 870 at Shootrite?

Narrator in Morgan Freeman voice: And, yes, Freeman would talk about his 870 at Shootrite. They were right to be worried.

Top Bottom