• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WTF do you do and why does your company not have stricter safety regulations?

I can't say I'd do that for $100+ an hour.

I'm close, but our metal is a wimpy 1,400 degrees and it hasn't gotten that hot in a long time thanks to tempered air. 110 is about normal in the summer. Everything else I can also relate to.

Steelmill us northerners have to make a living too not quite 100$ an hour though lol.

dans4420 got it. Steel mill. Liquodous (temp. at which steel changes from liquid to solid) depends on the grade of steel. But if I remember right, most are +2,500 degrees. In fact, I think in the 2,700s is closer. It usually gets to the caster around 2,900.

We have safety regulations.
    We are safer than ever before (sorta).
    But when you move a 650,000 pound ladle of 2,900 deg steel, things happen.
    A previous boss of mine, fell of a crane. Last day of work. Really, he wasn't supposed to even be there.
    A person in my area, but different crew, crushed against an I-beam. He lived. If you can call it that.
    Hmmm. Foot amputated an inch from the toes because of moving machinery.
    Man crushed by "Cat" (last week or two of work).
    Man crushed between building and train (several people).
    Man standing on machine that energized. Fell and was crushed and torn my same machine.
    Amputated fingers, I think I probably know a dozen of those.
    And the list goes on.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I like how a cop can kill your family dog with little to no reason and no harm is done but if a civilian kills a K-9 officer it is life in prison.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like how a cop can kill your family dog with little to no reason and no harm is done but if a civilian kills a K-9 officer it is life in prison.

A K-9 officer is just like any other officer. And we know officers discipline officers all the time. Human, dog, no difference. Just dangle them by their nap and whack 'em in the ass with a whip. Gotta keep those alpha officers in line.

Top Bottom