• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    He kept his distance, and seemed ready to fire if anything came out of that pocket.

I think it would be a mistake to assume it was fear and hesitation and to fire a guy for this.

You clearly have zero force on force training or know what you are talking about.

Even shooting the subject in the chest several times chances are the perp would pull a gun or a knife and work you over, you would feel pretty stupid while both of you sat there and bled out...

You might want to watch some FBI 21ft rule videos or practice having someone run up on you while you are walking backwards away from them, you will find yourself on the ground with them on top of you.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    He kept his distance, and seemed ready to fire if anything came out of that pocket.

I think it would be a mistake to assume it was fear and hesitation and to fire a guy for this.

Yes because revolvers need to be taken out of a pocket first..... just saying somethings conceal like no ones business

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It would have been legal to shoot, but not necessary. He proved it was not necessary. The blood would have fallen on the officer's conscience (not ours) and ultimately the decision is his alone to make.

The castigation of the officer is undeserved and unfortunate.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It would have been legal to shoot, but not necessary. He proved it was not necessary. The blood would have fallen on the officer's conscience (not ours) and ultimately the decision is his alone to make.

The castigation of the officer is undeserved and unfortunate.

He proved nothing, how would he have known how it was going to play out?

When a car is coming at you head on do you continue to drive at it since chances are it will swerve?

When someone puts a gun to your head do you assume they won't pull the trigger?

Ever play Russian roulette? Why not?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The officer is now stating that he "knew" the suspect wasn't armed by the shape of the pocket his hand was in. The BS flag has been thrown. If he really thought he was unarmed, the suspect is getting knocked to the ground, kick or elbow. Now he is making excuses for his actions.

His assessment is flawed. The guy had two hands didn't he? He was certainly armed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He proved nothing, how would he have known how it was going to play out?

He wouldn't. It was his choice.

When a car is coming at you head on do you continue to drive at it since chances are it will swerve?

Maybe. My choice.

When someone puts a gun to your head do you assume they won't pull the trigger?

Maybe. My choice.

Ever play Russian roulette? Why not?

No. My choice.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll post a comment here that I posted elsewhere when asked for comment. Some in my own profession won't agree with me and that is fine, the reality is (as mentioned already) it was the officer's decision to make and no one else's.

"Individual decision on the officer's part. If he did not feel deadly force was reasonable then he made a good choice, he obviously did not want to shoot the suspect. A different officer in that same situation may have felt and reacted differently. Who knows what was going through the officer's mind in those moments. The bottom line is that there is no requirement to use force, there is only an allowance. Thankfully the officer wasn't injured."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'll post a comment here that I posted elsewhere when asked for comment. Some in my own profession won't agree with me and that is fine, the reality is (as mentioned already) it was the officer's decision to make and no one else's.

"Individual decision on the officer's part. If he did not feel deadly force was reasonable then he made a good choice, he obviously did not want to shoot the suspect. A different officer in that same situation may have felt and reacted differently. Who knows what was going through the officer's mind in those moments. The bottom line is that there is no requirement to use force, there is only an allowance. Thankfully the officer wasn't injured."

I agree with all of this, very reasonable. For all we know, the officer might have believed there was an innocent bystander downrange. To insist that he shoot, just because he legally could, seems irresponsible.

Top Bottom