• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    All I saw was the video, and big caveat that there may be much more to this than I could see, but....wow. Without already knowing the outcome I thought I was going to see another Deputy Dinkheller video or something.

Restraint has its place, but it is not always admirable. It appears to me that the subject only complied when the other two officers showed up.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Usually I'm shaking my head because of a bad or unjustified shoot (makes the news more), but in this case I'm going to have to agree the officer should have put that guy down, he was on a threatening power trip... Or just bat sh*t crazy, which seems more likely.
    Anytime a person refuses to keep advancing when a gun is drawn, force seems more than reasonable, who knows what else they will decide to do...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or... maybe he didn't want to shoot the guy and was exercising restraint.

You guys are always assuming the worst about cops.

Restraint? No that guy isn't cut out for the job. If his PD continues to let this guy work, his blood is on their hands. A Marine with a purple heart means nothing but you got hurt on the job (wounded or killed). It certainly doesn't meant he was some sort of squared away combat vet.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Restraint? No that guy isn't cut out for the job. If his PD continues to let this guy work, his blood is on their hands. A Marine with a purple heart means nothing but you got hurt on the job (wounded or killed). It certainly doesn't meant he was some sort of squared away combat vet.

Exactly
    Let us not confuse inability to act with "admirable restraint."

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I agree.

A few people on here need to watch the Dinkheller video and see how terrible this could have been.

If that's the one with the dancing Vietnam Vet I agree...I've seen it once, that was enough. There's not a lot on the internet that can get to me, but that video is one of the most disturbing I've ever seen. Of course if he had pulled the trigger it would have been "officer kills unarmed Vietnam Veteran."

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So who was actually in control of this situation? The dirtbag - that's who.
    Letting the perp run him backwards away from his car and then the cop falls down and still doesn't fire?
    This isn't even sop for a jester or a clown or a 5yr old.

Only excuse that might work is he accidentally dumped his mag in the car and doesn't carry chambered. He was just bluffing till backup arrived.

He needs a psych eval. I'm sure a security company will pick him up. Well, maybe if they don't see his video. :n00b:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His police chief seems to disagree with you guys.

Well then that chief is an idiot, and I'm glad I don't work for him. The media seized upon this because it plays into their "unarmed" = "not dangerous" narrative. So the next time, heaven forbid, an officer shoots an unarmed person, they can cue up this piece of shoddy police work, and assail the officer as wanting to kill the perp.... because after all, the guy in this vid didn't kill a suspected murder, with his hands in his pockets, running toward him, and disobeying commands; so obviously there's never a time an unarmed person should be shot due to officer safety.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well then that chief is an idiot, and I'm glad I don't work for him. The media seized upon this because it plays into their "unarmed" = "not dangerous" narrative. So the next time, heaven forbid, an officer shoots an unarmed person, they can cue up this piece of shoddy police work, and assail the officer as wanting to kill the perp.... because after all, the guy in this vid didn't kill a suspected murder, with his hands in his pockets, running toward him, and disobeying commands; so obviously there's never a time an unarmed person should be shot due to officer safety.

And don't forget the legions of fools who will also claim that the cop can just shoot the perp in the leg.
    Brilliant

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

^^^^This bears repeating^^^^

This will be used as a club to beat officers who choose NOT to trust their lives in the hands of a nutbag.

I'm also waiting for the good revs, Al and Jesse, to show up pointing to this video as further PROOF that cops are all racist pricks since they only shoot unarmed black guys and risk life and limb to not shoot white guys.:rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The officer is now stating that he "knew" the suspect wasn't armed by the shape of the pocket his hand was in. The BS flag has been thrown. If he really thought he was unarmed, the suspect is getting knocked to the ground, kick or elbow. Now he is making excuses for his actions.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Just saw this and ..wow. Denny is right on with his assessment. I do wonder if, as someone pointed out, this is the result of all the media attention and you'll see more cops second guessing themselves. No way I don't pull the trigger there, or if the cop "knew" he was unarmed cracking the guy across the head, I prefer Maglite but whatever is handy and reasonable

Top Bottom