• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I just bought myself a "bailout" bag. Nice thing to have around if you need something real quick. It's an over the shoulder bag with velcro pouches for two Glock 21 mags. It has room for 6 .223 mags in the middle. I have some extra room for a cell phone, knife, spitmask, rubber gloves, cuffs, and a small flashlight. About $60.00 bucks. Besides a tank (which won't fit) any other ideas?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If I have to get out of the squad car in a hurry, I grab it and my AR.

I have no idea what the day to day routine is, and since it's a potential emergency at work bag, I would definitely have a good first aid kit. Also a good multitool. You never know.

Definitely a notebook, maybe one to jot down quick info. Gloves and things.

I'm not sure what you'd need per se. Make a list of stuff you wish you had on you for a month or so, and gradually fit it in your kit :)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I could use one of these if I have to bail out of my office in a hurry. Some clasps/paper clips, extra legal pads, pens and a highlighter.

Handcuffs might be useful too.:yesway:

Oops, and white-out.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Gunshot trauma kit
    First aid kit
    Antibacterial wipes
    Eye pro
    monocular

I found one at an antique store and bought it for 5 bucks. It works perfect. I got it home and it reeks of weed. Great, the drug doga are going to hit on my car!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm sure you could fit one of these in there...

legotank.jpg

It would give you something to do on those slow shifts.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I found one at an antique store and bought it for 5 bucks. It works perfect. I got it home and it reeks of weed. Great, the drug doga are going to hit on my car!

LOL :laugh: Reminds me of the time I bought a used van that had been customized on the inside. Just some of the things done I took it to K-9 to have them run through it. (was in the service at the time) Dog declared it clean. 2 months later I pulled the seats to redo them and found 5 roaches stuck in the seats.:n00b:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Booth polish for the hobnail boots.
    Spare key for the tank.
    I'll try to think of a few more suggestions. :D

Seriously though, hand sanitizer. I have bottles of that stuff everywhere.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I find it useful (when I head to the woods) to have a compass. So much so, I will not leave without one. I am not comfortable relying solely on GPS (due to coverage) in a bug out situation.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'd stress heavy on the first aid and extra magazines... maybe a few grenades :D

I find it useful (when I head to the woods) to have a compass. So much so, I will not leave without one. I am not comfortable relying solely on GPS (due to coverage) in a bug out situation.
    I keep a compass in every backpack I own. Car too.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    If you are not going to put a medical kit in it at least get an israeli compression badage, tourniquet, and some sort of clotting agent. Also maybe some flexi-cuffs, leg shackles, if you have a tazer maybe some extra cartridges.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I keep a compass in every backpack I own. Car too.

And I was concerned that I was the only one with this quirk. I have found myself on unfamiliar windy roads (for an extended time with names instead of numbers) and lose my bearing. Stormy skies, could not find the sun, had to exit the truck and take a peak at the compass (I was NOT lost... Lost is when a man is unsure of his bearing AND is running out of gas, I had plenty of gas...) to verify heading.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Irahm, which bag did you get, specifically? It might help with deciding on a loadout.

I would suggest that since this bag is going to be in support of your AR for in-town (possibly in county if things get bad enough,) I probably wouldn't look to live out of it, just support you (and the guys to some extent) for an active shooter/hostage situation. Weight is going to be key since you already have your duty belt and all the fixin's, and maybe a coat in this weather.

This is my active shooter/warrant loadout if it helps. Note: I have mine on a chest rig, since I'm a warrant team guy:

-2 spare pistol mags
    -2 spare AR mags (I have a 20 rounder in the gun, 30 rounder in a stock pouch = 110 rounds total)
    -IFAK (trying to figure out how I'm going to carry one in uniform)
    -TQ (+ the one I carry on me in unform)
    -3-4 pairs Nitrile gloves
    -Spare flashlight
    -4 spare AA batteries (spares for Eotech and all flashlights)
    -Dump pouch/evidence collection bag
    -2 pairs of flexcuffs
    -Small roll of electical tape
    -Protein Bar
    -16 oz. "flask" of water. A "flask" because it's flat and out of the way, fits in an AR mag pouch. Camping section at Wal-Mart.)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I just bought myself a "bailout" bag. Nice thing to have around if you need something real quick. It's an over the shoulder bag with velcro pouches for two Glock 21 mags. It has room for 6 .223 mags in the middle. I have some extra room for a cell phone, knife, spitmask, rubber gloves, cuffs, and a small flashlight. About $60.00 bucks. Besides a tank (which won't fit) any other ideas?

I've thought about the 5.11 bailout bag. Seems smaller than others I've seen, yet not as small as more compact models. Here it is:

511_BailOutBag_56026_Display.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Also, if a bug out bag is too big, I would also suggest a smaller thigh rig that holds two-four rifle mags.

Top Bottom