• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Irahm, which bag did you get, specifically? It might help with deciding on a loadout.

I would suggest that since this bag is going to be in support of your AR for in-town (possibly in county if things get bad enough,) I probably wouldn't look to live out of it, just support you (and the guys to some extent) for an active shooter/hostage situation. Weight is going to be key since you already have your duty belt and all the fixin's, and maybe a coat in this weather.

This is my active shooter/warrant loadout if it helps. Note: I have mine on a chest rig, since I'm a warrant team guy:

-2 spare pistol mags
    -2 spare AR mags (I have a 20 rounder in the gun, 30 rounder in a stock pouch = 110 rounds total)
    -IFAK (trying to figure out how I'm going to carry one in uniform)
    -TQ (+ the one I carry on me in unform)
    -3-4 pairs Nitrile gloves
    -Spare flashlight
    -4 spare AA batteries (spares for Eotech and all flashlights)
    -Dump pouch/evidence collection bag
    -2 pairs of flexcuffs
    -Small roll of electical tape
    -Protein Bar
    -16 oz. "flask" of water. A "flask" because it's flat and out of the way, fits in an AR mag pouch. Camping section at Wal-Mart.)

"Maxpedition - fatboby" It really isn't too big but enough to put what I need in it.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I had the 5.11 PUSH pack for a time, virtually the same thing. Good selection, just make sure to put your mags in an accessible location, but one that also doesn't let them bounce a lot. My problem with most active shooter bags is that they place the mags on the outer-most side of the bag, which, while being (semi-)intuitive for drawing, they place the majority of the weight on the outside of the bag, making them ungainly. What makes more sense is to have them closer to the rear of the bag, thus placing them on the body-line and making them much more intuitive to draw. In order to rectify this, I placed my mags (when my PUSH pack was on active-shooter duty and not EDC duty) in the rear zipper compartment and oriented them the same as they are on my body-line.

Irahm, did you get the version that rides on your off-hand side? That can make a difference in how it will ride.

Overall, your best bet would probably be to set it up to function as a magazine platform and dump pouch all in one. Use the cargo area of the bag to store the stuff that you'll take out and don in and incident (gloves, eyepro, maybe hat and earplugs, etc.) leaving it open to utilize as a dump/evidence pouch, and use the front and side pockets to store your other gear.

Top Bottom