• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    It doesn't even have to be for nuisance purposes. A landowner can give you year-round coyote killing privileges just because they hate them. :rockwoot:

I have WRITTEN permission (as required) for properties that I hunt on that state that I may kill any coyote on sight at any time.
    :ar15: Kill 'em, Kill 'em all!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've been out about 3 times so far, and have seen 10 deer. All fawns and smaller does. Gonna try to get out Friday morning and hope for something a little bigger.

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    the body cont is adding up took doe # 3 tonight, all with the same arrow and broadhead luv the meatseaker 3blade . all clean pass thru double lung shots.
    And my elderly neighbors are happy thier freezer is full now. on to #4 ..

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I don't use my ground blind very often, but it's nights like this that it's worth its weight in gold!

Saw one fork and a box turtle decided he wanted to come in out of the rain, who was I to say no!

IMAG0361_zps2ba2c1a1.jpg

Last edited:

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Frustrating afternoon. Had a nice buck respond to a grunt and come to about 50 yards from my stand. He hung up there for about two hours. He'd scent the air for a few minutes, then chew on a bush, then lay down (I lost him through the brush when he laid down). After an hour, I tried to entice him out with a grunt All that did was let him know where I was. He stood up and looked at me, scented the air some more, then laid back down. About a half an hour later, the wind (which had been favorable) started to swirl and eddy, so I expected him to bolt. He didn't seem to care. About a half an hour after that, he FINALLY stood up, flicked his tail, and started trotting down the path leading past my stand.

And after all that, as soon as I stood up, he took a hard right turn, ran about 25 yards, then slowed down and walked away.

Never seen a deer act like that before. Very frustrating, although I suppose if I'd known he was going to hang out for two hours I could have fidgeted less and not grunted and maybe would have had a chance at him.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    On another note been watching Midwest Whitetail to get myself amped up and seen this video which was shot around some urban zone in Indy. Not real familiar with the Indy area but figure some others might recognize the area. A really good buck for an urban zone and good buck all around.

sold his brother Nathan a Hoyt last year when I bought my crossbow.... then sold my crossbow for a gun safe and to pay some bills.

Never got around to getting another bow as I've been focused on getting in shape this year, now down 54 pounds... firearms season can't get here fast enough.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Got my first doe of the season last night...first deer with a crossbow also...these things are so easy...the bolt went right through her literally.

20131019_200807.jpg
    Oh the joys of hunting on your own property...

Top Bottom