• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Dad says world of outlaw late models are heading to Kokomo? He’s wanting to camp out for the weekend when they come I haven’t looked at schedule but he says it’s coming up.

Ive only been to the Hoosier 100 once. It was a good race but my girlfriend at the time was with me, so focusing on the race took a back seat.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Mrs. dekeshooter and I were supposed to be at Mid Ohio this past weekend for an IndyCar race. Since the fear mongers managed to get that cancelled, we decided to take the camper to Brown County SP for the weekend since it was loaded and ready to go. While there we traveled to Bloomington Speedway on Friday night and Paragon Speedway on Sunday for some good old fashioned dirt track racing.

It was was our first time visiting either track and we had a great time at both. Hopefully we'll find time to get back there again this season. Since so many big time races have been canceled or are being run without fans, short tracks have been our outlet for live racing. We're off to Atomic Speedway in Ohio next week to accompany a friend who has never been to a dirt race for his first time and then hopefully we will be at the fairgrounds for the Hoosier Hundred. With luck The 4 Crown ar Eldora will go off as we already have tickets and camping purchased for that one.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Watched on flo last night. Gonna try to get there Today and tomorrow. Too many cars imo messing up the real professionals. Definitely a good run by kyle last night.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Watched on flo last night. Gonna try to get there Today and tomorrow. Too many cars imo messing up the real professionals. Definitely a good run by kyle last night.

See I'm the exact opposite....I like when the "little guy" get to play with the stars. Amazingly I've never been to Smackdown, definatley on my bucket list for next season.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    for non point races I would agree but I hate when they get in the way and are being lapped Halfway thru and won’t stay high or low and just mess up both lines. It’s worse at the small tracks. There were easily 5-10 cars that didn’t belong to even show up at the track and a few drivers that have good equipment but are dangerous and could cost so much to the pros.

See I'm the exact opposite....I like when the "little guy" get to play with the stars. Amazingly I've never been to Smackdown, definatley on my bucket list for next season.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I really like Kokomo track. Going to watch on Flo.
    Local boy Kyle Cummings is from Princeton In.
    Thought this comment was funny, from HARF post: Cars are rolling for the feature event! 30 laps around Kokomo Speedway for Night #1 of the #Smackdown
    Comments: Robin Willis-Sorry boys Cummins is there

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Cummins is good there for sure. My favorite driver CJ is also good at Kokomo. Hopefully he doesn’t have any bad luck in heat tonight that puts him row 7 or 8instead of row 1 or 2

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    He is an unbelievable talent for sure but it’s still like having Jordan playing against college players in mid 90s or Bird doing it in the 80s. Everything has to be in slow motion for him going from nascar to dirt tracks. Still a little bitter of his antics in the Hoosier hundred on the last pass to take lead. Cj should’ve blocked the line of sight a little better but it was a borderline dirty move cutting him down like that Into turn one

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Kyle's turn one move on CJ was a jaw dropping. I have asked other racing buddies if they thought it was dirty or brilliant. All said brilliant. He did not wreck CJ but cripes it was close.
    I had not thought about dirt track racing to be slow motion compared to NASCAR. I know watching the Indy 500, with exposed wheels and cameras right on the walls it reveals precision at every turn... not hitting your marks is unforgivable. Same with NASCAR but it gives a sense of protection when there are fenders. Like you said, the Hoosier Hundred to Kyle Larson must be a piece of cake. I like the guy.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I think the dirty or brilliant line is blurry for sure. I like him too. He’s a generational type of talent I think. It’s insane to me he’s not back in nascar. I’d like to see him in a nonwing sprint car and see what he does. Obviously he’s gonna be awesome but there is more talent and racing in the division compared to silver crown and midgets. I’m not a big fan of winged cars so honestly don’t know much about them and haven’t watched a lot. I know he’s kicking everyone’s butt in them. Again it means nothing to him to beat up on these nobodies compared to his racing resume but could be great stepping stones and pr for some of these talented up and comers to beat him.

Kyle's turn one move on CJ was a jaw dropping. I have asked other racing buddies if they thought it was dirty or brilliant. All said brilliant. He did not wreck CJ but cripes it was close.
    I had not thought about dirt track racing to be slow motion compared to NASCAR. I know watching the Indy 500, with exposed wheels and cameras right on the walls it reveals precision at every turn... not hitting your marks is unforgivable. Same with NASCAR but it gives a sense of protection when there are fenders. Like you said, the Hoosier Hundred to Kyle Larson must be a piece of cake. I like the guy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was in knoxville Iowa for 3 days of dirt racing. Very few wore masks but those that did it was their personal choice and not a mandate. As it should always be, a personal choice.
    Great time had. Even with a face buried in strippers, I'm not sick ;)
    Well not with my body ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    The Larson move on Leary at the 100 was one of those you don't soon forget! Ballsy as hell but 110% CLEAN! Dude is unreal on dirt. He jumped in a late model car for only the 2nd time ever this weekend and beat the very best.

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    I love dirt racing. Midgets are my favorite and I was able to attend the Chili Bowl last year for the first time. I usually watch 3-5 races a week on TV.

Top Bottom