• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am going to try to do a full-length rifle with mine. Hopefully I will be able to keep it 100% hoosier, but I'm not sure we have manufacturers in the state for every last necessary piece.

If parts have been in the drawer for 60 days can you claim state residency status anyway...........:dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Does anyone know where i can have a custom engraving done after the fact? I got the lowers so my i could build another rifle and do it side by side with my dad and brother in law as they were both buying their own lowers to do custom builds on too. We tragically lost my brother in law yesterday. I want to commemorate one of these rifles to him, i think he would like that.

Veritas does good work too. They're inn the northern part of the state

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Someone in the buy thread said they were going to try to go 100% Hoosier. Can we start gathering links/sources in this thread? We've already got an engraving link. How about upper parts, LPKs, folks that do Cerakote ect...
    With the collective knowledge of this group we could probably have a comprehensive list before the night is over.

That was me :) ... I started a thread for that in the long guns forum.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    After a few normal builds think I'm going to lean towards a 20" barrel and better trigger and what ever else comes along in this thread? I'm going to name mine Johnny Cash as it's going to be one piece at a time. :ar15:

This makes me feel old, there was a time when a 20" barrel was normal. FWIW, I was thinking of doing one of those new-fangled short rifles with like a 16" or 18" barrel.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    This project has some great timing. The Stout Field show is this weekend and the 1500 is in 2 weeks. I should have everything to build it when I pick it up! I'm not sure what I'll end up with as I'm still thinking about it plus what I can find at the shows and LGS's.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Money order went out with today's mail.

I've already gone back and forth about 10 times over whether I want to go 20 inch barrel or 10.5. Leaning towards 20 again, as I don't know if I'm ready to spring for the $200 stamp.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I think I have decided to build a pistol(to hopefully be sbr'd at some point) in something that is not 5.56. Having trouble deciding between 9mm and 300 blackout. I want to finish my SPR before I start another build, so I have a few months to work it out.

Top Bottom