• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    My first concert was Marshall Tucker Band at the old Indy Convention Center. I think tickets were $7.00 and I thought that seemed like a lot! :oldwise:
    My first concert was Styx at the Hammond Civic Center, 1973: $2.50, which, according to my inflation calculator, is $17.18 in 2023 dollars. They were a semi-local band then; WLS played the **** out of "Lady" a couple of years later, and the band's popularity then skyrocketed.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My first concert: saw Molly Hatchet open for the Charlie Daniels Band. I'm more likely to go see the Swift Boat Veterans from Vietnam than this Swiftie.

Mine was Ministry at the Holiday Star in Merrillville. I think tickets were $15.

My daughter likes live music, but luckily she likes smaller punk bands.. The smaller shows she wants to go to (and the ones I take her to that I want to see) are still only around $25-$35 a ticket.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Mine was around 1976 or 1977. I hadn't had my drivers license all that long but I had a date! Can't remember her name for the life of me though. :):

It may have been '75, I'll have to check the ticket stubs when I get home. I remember they were there 3 years in a row, and at least the 1st year we had my mom drive us and drop us off at the front gate. The 3rd year B.T.O. was there as well, with opening act 'Heart'

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Mine was Ministry at the Holiday Star in Merrillville. I think tickets were $15.

My daughter likes live music, but luckily she likes smaller punk bands.. The smaller shows she wants to go to (and the ones I take her to that I want to see) are still only around $25-$35 a ticket.

That's really tough to find prices like that nowadays. I've had to pass on a few that were in a small venue like The Vogue because tickets were still upwards of $75 or $80 for much lesser known groups

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Those are resale prices. The real tickets haven't gone on sale yet, but to even have a chance, you have to register at Ticketmaster's website. I think that has to be done by 5 p.m. Saturday. Just saw a piece about it on WTHR.
    I'm a little disappointed that you know any lines to that song. :n00b:
    I am a little disappointed that you know all about purchasing tickets and the cost. :thumbsup:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Used to be tours supported record sales.

Music industry has changed, Not as much money in record sales but tour tickets are crazy $$$. Alot of old bands not making any new music but taking in the $ on tours, along with the folks with the rabid fans like Swift.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Y’all need to go buy those mult-hundred dollar tickets. T-Swift’s new GulfStream isn’t going to buy itself.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My first concert was Styx at the Hammond Civic Center, 1973: $2.50, which, according to my inflation calculator, is $17.18 in 2023 dollars. They were a semi-local band then; WLS played the **** out of "Lady" a couple of years later, and the band's popularity then skyrocketed.

Saw Judas Priest at the Civic Center probably around 1980 or so. My ears are still ringing I think. What a venue that was! Don't remember what it cost, but it was probably about the cost of an 8-track tape

. :oldwise:

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    1968 Saw Chicago (nobody had ever heard of them) open for Jimi Hendrix -- for 3 bucks.

I'm stayin' home and doing these:
    "I saw a criminal escape from jail by climbing down a rope," Tom said condescendingly.
    "Where's my camera?" Tom bellowed and howled.
    "That's the last time I pet a lion," Tom said offhandedly.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Saw Judas Priest at the Civic Center probably around 1980 or so. My ears are still ringing I think. What a venue that was! Don't remember what it cost, but it was probably about the cost of an 8-track tape

. :oldwise:
    Seen Judas Priest on their Defenders tour early/mid 80's with Great White opening. Tickets were $10 or $11.

Side note. My first 8-track was Foreigner 4.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Used to be tours supported record sales.

Music industry has changed, Not as much money in record sales but tour tickets are crazy $$$. Alot of old bands not making any new music but taking in the $ on tours, along with the folks with the rabid fans like Swift.
    Tours are where the singers and players make bank, the labels take most of the the bank on so called record sales. Singers and players get little from sales, writers get their cut as well.

Top Bottom