Oh Man, Rush Limbaugh has "Advanced Lung Cancer"...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    There are reports that POTUS will award Rush the Medal of Freedom. I'll just keep my mouth shut.

:orly:
    giphy.gif

ETA: :). Just funnin

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Even though I didn't agree with him very often, I think Rush is largely responsible for advancing the conservative agenda to a broad segment of American workers. That certainly is worthy of lifetime recognition.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Rush’s love for country, vast charitable efforts in the fight against leukemia and tremendous support for our military veterans and first responders are worthy of lifetime recognition as well.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Even though I didn't agree with him very often, I think Rush is largely responsible for advancing the conservative agenda to a broad segment of American workers. That certainly is worthy of lifetime recognition.

That is exactly right! Rush was a pioneer in the genre and is largely responsible for the political talk radio being as popular as it is today. He can likely be credited with increasing the political awareness of millions if not tens of millions of people. Whether one agrees with him or not is irrelevant, those are amazing accomplishments well beyond the norm and certainly worthy or recognition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rush’s love for country, vast charitable efforts in the fight against leukemia and tremendous support for our military veterans and first responders are worthy of lifetime recognition as well.

I disagree. While it's fair to criticize other presidents who have awarded the MoF to athletes, actors, and friends who are certainly undeserving, Rush Limbaugh was not someone who tried to speak to the entire American people. He worked almost exclusively to sow divisions and did so, regularly, in a hateful and unprofessional manner. I can't think of any other MoF winner that comes close to using the language he has.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I disagree. While it's fair to criticize other presidents who have awarded the MoF to athletes, actors, and friends who are certainly undeserving, Rush Limbaugh was not someone who tried to speak to the entire American people. He worked almost exclusively to sow divisions and did so, regularly, in a hateful and unprofessional manner. I can't think of any other MoF winner that comes close to using the language he has.

I can debate that the language used is how those who are listening feel on a given subject or matter. Pretty much as with anything else.
    People always hang badges And banners on those they are not in agreement with or who stand on the other side of their well defined line in the sand.
    I grew up surrounded by Dem's. Literally surrounded. As I matured (Still up for debate) I started seeing the very things Rush railed on about. Long long before he had a national voice.

And no I did not march in lock step with him either but he has opened up so many eyes to the real situation we are facing.
    There is so much he has done that we will never be fully aware of due to a biased MSM.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can debate that the language used is how those who are listening feel on a given subject or matter. Pretty much as with anything else.
    People always hang badges And banners on those they are not in agreement with or who stand on the other side of their well defined line in the sand.
    I grew up surrounded by Dem's. Literally surrounded. As I matured (Still up for debate) I started seeing the very things Rush railed on about. Long long before he had a national voice.

And no I did not march in lock step with him either but he has opened up so many eyes to the real situation we are facing.
    There is so much he has done that we will never be fully aware of due to a biased MSM.

I agree. I don't have a problem with that. But the how you do it, is just as important as the why. Limbaugh's how, IMO, is problematic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. I don't have a problem with that. But the how you do it, is just as important as the why. Limbaugh's how, IMO, is problematic.

Yes. This is my point. We all have our own way of looking at these things through our life experiences. I truly believe had I not come up the way I did his message would have been somewhat hollow to me but it hit "Some" nails squarely on the head. There have been times I turned of the radio due to what seemed like aimless rambling.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Had you actually listened to him instead of simply listening to 2nd hand opinions of him or edited sound bites you would know that is far from the truth. However, I have to say that even if those accusations were true, such criticism from you is more than a little hypocritical. IMO, your usual nonsense doesn't have a place in this thread.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Had you actually listened to him instead of simply listening to 2nd hand opinions of him or edited sound bites you would know that is far from the truth. However, I have to say that even if those accusations were true, such criticism from you is more than a little hypocritical. IMO, your usual nonsense doesn't have a place in this thread.

I’ve listened to him more than a few times. Given his recent illness, I kinda pulled my punches, as to really laying into him. So slow down with the personal stuff bro.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I will have to disagree. Rush has always saw great potential for everyone to be successful in this country and has railed against policy’s that have had a stifling effect at the hands of liberal government dependency for years on that growth potential.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This thread will not slide into the ditch. We can “All” express our opinions and most have in a very civil manner. I see little issue so far but do not go on the attack. Not here.

Top Bottom