• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phishb0y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Need to be careful with open carry and driving. When in the car no matter how displayed a weapon is always considered concealed, was the quote i got fom the ohio ag office a while back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Need to be careful with open carry and driving. When in the car no matter how displayed a weapon is always considered concealed, was the quote i got fom the ohio ag office a while back.

That is true. Also, loaded magazines are considered to be loaded guns.

If you want to carry in OH and don't have a recognized permit/license - you've got to take the gun off and unload all magazines if you're going to be riding in or driving a vehicle.

It's also my understanding that there's pending legislation to remove the "loaded mags = loaded gun" stupidity.

Should also note: Magazines with a 30+ capacity (both handgun and rifle) are also illegal.

-J-

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Legislation is before the OH House (or will be soon) for a vote to allow [strike]reciprocity[/strike] recognition. It has already passed their Senate.

FTFY. OH presently has reciprocity--- what the new law would do is to recognize all state permits/licenses as valid in OH....

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Legislation is before the OH House (or will be soon) for a vote to allow reciprocity. It has already passed their Senate.
    This is not accurate. The bill has passed the House. It is in the Senate for a vote, but it hasn't been voted on yet. If it isn't voted on before 12/31/12 then the bill is dead and the process starts again in the House subcommittees. The Senate convenes in session again on November 14th.....I sure hope they vote on this soon. It is HB 495 and you can check the status here: Laws, Acts, and Legislation

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This is not accurate. The bill has passed the House. It is in the Senate for a vote, but it hasn't been voted on yet. If it isn't voted on before 12/31/12 then the bill is dead and the process starts again in the House subcommittees. The Senate convenes in session again on November 14th.....I sure hope they vote on this soon. It is HB 495 and you can check the status here: Laws, Acts, and Legislation

Thanks for the further clarification! :D

sonny27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Carmel
    I just got off the phone with Rep. Johnson's office, HB495 is his bill. His aide gives it a 75% chance of passing. The house speaker is pushing hard to get this passed.

Top Bottom