• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    On my way to work I stopped at a place that is usually not the cheapest place to get gas, and it was $3.91. On my way home it was $4.15. This makes NO sense whatsoever. Demand is down, oil prices are down, and yet gas is up twenty four cents today. A representative from AAA was on tv and was talking about how gas would be down about twenty cents in the next week.

Global Shares Advance as Oil Falls - FoxBusiness.com

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The barrel of oil futures is over $104 and rising again.

They say gasoline is going up because flooding is taking a lot of gasoline off the market.

Anything to get the price up again.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If you don't like it, buy less gasoline.

WTI is up 0.09% today. Brent down 0.02%.

if a guy from AAA could accurately forecast gasoline prices a week in advance, he wouldn't have to be a AAA employee.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anybody who dares question our governments actions is a tin foil hat wearing nut job. But it seems so easy to believe there is a gigantic conspiracy involving the ceo's of every oil company on down to Habib working the night shift at your local 7-11.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just about anything can be used to 'justify' high gas prices. "The solar flares have disrupted some key refineries". Sounds more reasonable than the flooding Mississippi (which happens every freaking year). :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is gas so expensive that it is literally busting your budgets? If so, I challenge your budget making abilities.

I drive 25 miles one way to work 5-6 days a week on average in a car that gets about 25 mpg or a Harley that I'm lucky to get 40 out of. The high maintenance costs of it blow any "gas savings" out of the water. My wife drives about 8 miles one way to work in the car if I have the bike or a truck that gets about 10 mpg. Maybe I should buy a third vehicle that gets 40 mpg. Oh wait, the plates and insurance would far outweigh any "gas savings".

It cracks me up how much time, energy, and money people will waste to save a few cents a gallon.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    BLAME THE E.P.A.

Every spring the EPA requires refiners to switch to cleaner burning fuel blends. These blends are not required in the winter months. There are 14 or 15 different blends that the EPA has required. Different cities/regions have different blends. The switchover from winter fuel to these various 'boutique' blends required by the EPA increase storage costs, increase transport cost and the actual fuel itself costs more.

The added costs are estimated to cost roughly 50-cents per gallon.

BLAME THE E.P.A. LINK => http://www.epa.gov/oms/boutique.htm

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Well poop <-- stupid word filter, isn't there a holiday coming up (memorial day)? What about a open wheel race (indy 500)? And why not take the ethanol out of our gas as well and let up get better fuel economy as well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is gas so expensive that it is literally busting your budgets? If so, I challenge your budget making abilities.

I drive 25 miles one way to work 5-6 days a week on average in a car that gets about 25 mpg or a Harley that I'm lucky to get 40 out of. The high maintenance costs of it blow any "gas savings" out of the water. My wife drives about 8 miles one way to work in the car if I have the bike or a truck that gets about 10 mpg. Maybe I should buy a third vehicle that gets 40 mpg. Oh wait, the plates and insurance would far outweigh any "gas savings".

It cracks me up how much time, energy, and money people will waste to save a few cents a gallon.

My daily driver (4wd diesel one ton), which is paid for, gets 16.5 mpg and my bike which is rarely ridden (I'm a fair weather rider) gets around 43 mpg. I constantly have people telling me I should buy a more fuel efficient vehicle! Gee lets do a little quick math; let's be conservative and call it a $400/ car payment plus an extra $25 for added insurance. That's $425/month more than my current vehicle expenses. In order for that fuel efficient vehicle to break even I would have to drive an extra roughly 3500-4000 miles per month! I only put around 750 miles per month on the road in ANYTHING right now and don't like driving that much!:n00b:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I hear you on that one! I have a 4x4 diesel crew cab 1 ton and a gas 4x4 3/4 ton, diesel gets better mileage! But, the diesel is an automatic and the gas is a 5 speed, stick would get a little better but I like the sound coming from the tailpipes too much. :): And yes both are paid for.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I think I saw this on another thread the other day, but I feel it bears repeating.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdScVerrBU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'd like to challenge your claim. Are you stating that someone who was barely making ends meet a year ago shouldn't have any problem paying double for gasoline this year? Some folks I know would certainly straighten you out on that one

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

I have to call BS on this.

I ride a motorcycle, its not a Harley so it doesnt have outrageous maintenace costs, in fact I dont think I have spent more then 200 bucks on tires for it in the last 3 years..... And the bike itself cost me 400 bucks.

The bike gets 45 mpg easy, and I drive 2000 miles a month.

my other vehicle, gets 15 mpg.

That is a 378 dollar savings....

Which frankly, buys a heck of a lot of guns.

At least for me, and my poor boy ways, 400 bucks a month is nothing to sneeze at.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I don't understand why everyone complains about gas prices so much when food prices are really high in my opinion. One hundred bucks at the grocery store doesn't buy nearly what it used to.

Top Bottom