OK, let's say you have had all you teeth pulled, and…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Try Cheryl Hartman, DDS in shelbyville in Dr Randall Miller's office. Petite and gentle. Uses a special injector for numbing that you barely feel.

and she's a great mom :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Try Cheryl Hartman, DDS in shelbyville in Dr Randall Miller's office. Petite and gentle. Uses a special injector for numbing that you barely feel.

and she's a great mom :):

Unless you're like me and the numbing stuff is slightly better than water.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes, you can request iv sedation. You might have to go to a different dentist (orthodontist?), but it's worth it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Im wondering if the swelling will go down. Im also wondering if i can request to go under for the operation.

When they took mine out, I was out. Injection for sedation/calming then gas to put me under.

Yes, you can request iv sedation. You might have to go to a different dentist (orthodontist?), but it's worth it.

Heck the happy nose by itself works wonders for just general tooth work. Surgery for impacted wisdom teeth? Not so much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I hit my tooth with some saline solution twice a day. Swelling went down 100% paint went away 100%. My teeth are still awful but i can put off gettin em yanked once again!!:cool:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't know about you guys but I'd rather go through USMC basic again rather than go to the dentist. They terrify me.

You have been going to the wrong dentist. I had a major aversion as well due to an issue with a bad dentist when I was a kid, but have been going to a great dentist (and team) for many years now and go frequently for cleanings, etc. Get a recommendation for a good dentist in your area.

I hit my tooth with some saline solution twice a day. Swelling went down 100% paint went away 100%. My teeth are still awful but i can put off gettin em yanked once again!!:cool:

Not the plan I'd be rolling with. Proper dental care not only saves your teeth, but avoids a lot of other issues/complications including heart trouble that can come from infected teeth.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    If only there were some solution to the OP's predicament that didn't require him to pony up for essential medical care. Maybe some arrangement whereby everyone contributes a little to ensure that no one has to suffer this sort of thing.

I sure can't think of anything like that though. Not here in the Break Room.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    to save money, you might keep the top denture and have a few implants on the bottom.
    use those bottom implants to hold bridges in place.

settling for less than full coverage (full=14 teeth?) could save, too.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If only there were some solution to the OP's predicament that didn't require him to pony up for essential medical care. Maybe some arrangement whereby everyone contributes a little to ensure that no one has to suffer this sort of thing.

I sure can't think of anything like that though. Not here in the Break Room.

Several voluntary examples already exist. Here's one: https://www.youcaring.com/c/online-fundraising

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are other ways...

69405632.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    With proper planning ahead of time implants can rather easily be phased over time. There are many ways they can be used along the spectrum of going from no teeth to all of them replaced with something that you can use and treat like original.
    Placing 2 ip's in the lower arch (usually the most difficult dunture for the pt) and use them so your lower denture has something to snap onto vs floating and flopping around. Then as time and money allows add a couple more... next thing you know "all on 4" and or "all on 6" biomechanics allow a non removable full arch replacement. Or. You might find out somewhere along the way that you are functioning fine with just a couple to anchor the removable denture.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thank you SmileDocHill. I will be more thoughtful this time as I wasn't the first time. Ir will take me a very long time before I can afford implants, even if I sell all of my firearms. I had a huge collection but not anymore. I hope my Dad will help me but that may not happen.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    My mom is going through this right now. The plan is implants -- after everything has healed for some time. 2 on the bottom; 2 on the top.

FOr your situation, I would get the current ones re-evaluated. Sounds like they do not fit well. I can send you the info of our guy in Avon if you want. Or go elsewhere. Maybe a new liner will help? Should not be that bad. And if it will be, send me your bacon!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I eat bacon, just means I have to break it up some first. :)

It will be quite some time before I can even think about implants. As for refitting the dentures, they have more times than I can count. They can't add bone so the lowers will never fit right. So I will wait and hope.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Have you considered going to a Dental School as a patient? Where Dental students are learning the trade but are overseen by Board Certified Dentists.

You may qualify for deep discounts or even free. It would be worth looking into.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I think the point is that if you were to (hypothetically) stop spending money on new guns, you could have enough saved up for implants in no time, even though you have stated that you dont have the money for implants.

Its all about priorities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom