• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Uh, Pami, has your cat been out drinking with IndyBeerMan again? You should really keep that cat on a tighter leash. :laugh:

Roger India Bravo Mike, this is FIREBASE INGO target coordinates are 39°42'13.171"/-86°25'3.8867, fire for effect, I repeat, fire for effect.

Incoming SE watch out!!:D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    HTH did I miss this thread before now?!? Man, I always arrive a day late and 12,000 posts short.

I got some serious LOLs from all y'all, but I'm outta rep for 24 hours apparently. Sorry folks!

henpeckedpete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    lynn,in.
    :welcome:
    I can live with the 51st post being in the classifieds but have a little class and decorum about it! We all make offers sometimes for less than the seller is asking, expecially if the seller has not listed their price as "firm". But don't embarrass yourself by just posting your lame=@# offer in the thread. Offers and negotiations should be dealt with in PM's. I'm getting tired of seeing posts like "what's your bottom dollar?" or "I got two shotguns" Big flipping deal! I have NINE shotguns, what's your point? Are you trying to offer, in a remarkably incoherent manner, your two shotguns for the sellers item? The worst post I saw this weekend was "I got an offer on a pistol (Sorry, can't remember the specific make and model) Anybody want to beat that?" INGO is not Ebay and we don't run things like an auction here. That being said, the Mods and Fenway do a great job of keeping this circus under control, so none of us should complain too much.

Ok, rant over. I'm going back to my tinfoil collection. I have a lot of orders for hats to fill.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg

2296%20-%20forum%20late%20necromancy%20post%20thread.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Maybe INGO should not allow new people to post in threads that have not been active in more than a month or something. We have had a couple today that have been dead for years.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nothing wrong (generally) with necroposting, as long as they're actually adding something and not just saying "Hey, I'm bored! Lemme bump this dead thread!"

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Maybe INGO should not allow new people to post in threads that have not been active in more than a month or something. We have had a couple today that have been dead for years.
    I like this Idea. I also say change the classifieds rule to one of two things.

1) 100posts and 1 year of membership
    2)site supporter.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Beacuse paying is not the only way someone can contribute. People can post a lot of ideas, reviews on items and it will help out as much as $10.

This hurts the paying members too. Because sometimes somebody just browsing would like to buy something they see. Then they have to join, and post, and worry about post quality being insufficient.

I understand the rule...but I think it might help regular users if the restriction only applied to posting items for sale, and not for purchasing. If I was selling a gun, I wouldn't care if the guy was here all the time commenting on if he'd shoot big foot or telling me what he thinks of the XD platform. As long as he can bring me $600 and a valid ID, I'm happy. That's just one mans opinion.

I joined to sell a gun, and hit my 50 post a while ago. But I've been too busy reading and posting and still haven't gotten around to listing it. :D I'm selling it for my Dad anyway. He's got plenty of money. :D
    The best thing I've gotten out of INGO in my short time is knowing that people from my area are planning a shooting event. I'm a regular on another larger forum so I don't come here with gun questions...it's only logical to go to the larger user base. But I still offer some answers for people if it's a subject I know. Mostly I like it here for the local politics and the idea of meeting some fellow enthusiasts nearby. Politics in particular, I live right outside Chicago, so that's all I hear about is IL/CHi politics. I like having a place to see what's going on in MY state. I'd like to start getting more involved.

eta...Ahhhhhhh I got tricked!!!! I didn't realize how old this thread was. And I quoted something from a year and a half ago...like that guy cares what I say at this point. :rofl:

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville

What is considered a "new person" Where do you draw the line?

I like this Idea. I also say change the classifieds rule to one of two things.

1) 100posts and 1 year of membership
    2)site supporter.

I definitely agree with this, but I want to add another number

3) If your username hasn't been activated in 6 months, it is deleted. Unless you are leaving for a while (ex: military). Than you can PM a mod and let them know you'll be gone.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nothing wrong (generally) with necroposting, as long as they're actually adding something and not just saying "Hey, I'm bored! Lemme bump this dead thread!"

Like just posting a welcome emoticon? :roll eyes:

That was why I said new people (under 50 posts). I don't think I have seen one necropost anything informative so far.

Top Bottom