• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    In one move I broke two promises that I had made to myself. 1) I bought a plastic gun. 2) It is .40 cal.

What is next? Voting Democrat?

Seriously though, the .40 cal guns are cheap and the ammo is as relatively cheap as the gun. So, for all you that think I 'just woke up' or that I 'came to the winning side' and all that, it was just monetary reasons only.

I bought the S&W M&P 40 2.0 with the 5 inch barrel. I have had thoughts of getting a .357 Sig barrel for it. No joy on trying to find one. Can you get a 9mm barrel and have it rechambered? If anyone knows please tell me.

I just can't seem to lower my standards enough to 'like' the triggers on these plastic guns. A 'bad' one feels like you are trying to pull a seed out of some persimmon pulp and a 'good' one feels like you are trying to find the drain plug in the bottom of the drain pan. Why don't they just disguise the trigger guard as an anus and tell you to 'tickle the hemorrhoid' and be done with it? I guess they have trained two generations of proctologists with them already and don't want to stir up the masses by putting a real trigger on them.

The concessions we make for the availability of ammo...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    357 sig is pretty much my ideal round... The problem is that there are plenty of 9mm loadings available today that achieve the exact same performance, for velocity and weight. But for having practice ammo run blistering hot it's great.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I just can't seem to lower my standards enough to 'like' the triggers on these plastic guns. A 'bad' one feels like you are trying to pull a seed out of some persimmon pulp and a 'good' one feels like you are trying to find the drain plug in the bottom of the drain pan. Why don't they just disguise the trigger guard as an anus and tell you to 'tickle the hemorrhoid' and be done with it? I guess they have trained two generations of proctologists with them already and don't want to stir up the masses by putting a real trigger on them.
    You really need to warn people before you write something this funny. I think I just hurt myself...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    In one move I broke two promises that I had made to myself. 1) I bought a plastic gun. 2) It is .40 cal.

What is next? Voting Democrat?

Seriously though, the .40 cal guns are cheap and the ammo is as relatively cheap as the gun. So, for all you that think I 'just woke up' or that I 'came to the winning side' and all that, it was just monetary reasons only.

I bought the S&W M&P 40 2.0 with the 5 inch barrel. I have had thoughts of getting a .357 Sig barrel for it. No joy on trying to find one. Can you get a 9mm barrel and have it rechambered? If anyone knows please tell me.

The concessions we make for the availability of ammo...

Your problem was getting a S&W instead of a Sig. You could have gotten a P226 or P229, both with the ability to have fantastic triggers, plus they have the added benefit of not being plastic and having readily available .357 Sig barrels. As enjoyable as shooting .40 out of a plastic gun is, shooting it out of heavy hammer fired metal is even better.

I'm amazed 88 didn't already post this... :stickpoke:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Your problem was getting a S&W instead of a Sig. You could have gotten a P226 or P229, both with the ability to have fantastic triggers, plus they have the added benefit of not being plastic and having readily available .357 Sig barrels. As enjoyable as shooting .40 out of a plastic gun is, shooting it out of heavy hammer fired metal is even better.

I'm amazed 88 didn't already post this... :stickpoke:

Oh contraire! I have Sigs! But they were not of a monetary benefit, ergo they have a trigger...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's like shooting 32-20 in an old Winchester. The rifles are generally cheaper across the board for the same condition and you can load the ammo for less.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It is like when the pastor of a Church of Christ assembly told them they were going to get an organ. One member got up and left without a word.

The next week the pastor noticed him coming out of the United Methodist church across the street so the pastor asks him, "Why are you going over there? I know THEY have an organ!"

To which he replied, "Yes, but I don't consider this as a house of God..."

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    357 sig is pretty much my ideal round... The problem is that there are plenty of 9mm loadings available today that achieve the exact same performance, for velocity and weight. But for having practice ammo run blistering hot it's great.
    Which 9mm 125 grain HP rounds have the EXACT same (or better) performance than 1475fps?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have never been one to jump onto bandwagons, and I'm not about to ditch all my .40 S&W pistols to hop on the "9mm Only" bandwagon.

You will love your new M&P in .40 S&W. Most people do not realize that the handgun was actually built around the .40 S&W cartridge, which is why they handle the recoil so much better than others do.

Time for a M&P40 picture break...

CAM00014.jpg PXL_20210129_151538271.jpg 20170219_123209.jpg MP40C_2.0_10Shot_14Yards.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I use and carry a Glock 22/23/27 mostly and also have the M&P .40 full size, but I have 9 and .45 too in the safe.
    However, I will just have to practice with my 9mm Glocks as I cannot find any .40 close like I can 9 at RK or some other place.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    .40 is $20-21 a box of 50 around here. Seems like everyone bailed off the band wagon when the limp wrist FBI dumped it.

Some shop owners won't even take a .40 in trade of buy it outright. That is how I got this one, too good a deal because one guy was desperate and the owner really didn't want it.

Mine is the desert tan or what ever they call that color now. Sometimes you just have to step back and say, "Well, that is just dumb. Let me have it..."

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have never been one to jump onto bandwagons, and I'm not about to ditch all my .40 S&W pistols to hop on the "9mm Only" bandwagon.

You will love your new M&P in .40 S&W. Most people do not realize that the handgun was actually built around the .40 S&W cartridge, which is why they handle the recoil so much better than others do.

-Snip-
    I bought a couple of M&P 40 Police trade-ins over a period of a few months cheap.
    Swapped out the barrels in both to OEM .357 Sig, plus upgraded the Strikers, Sear Blocks, and put in APEX extractors.

I now have two dependable .357 Sig 15+1 pistols with not much money in them.

They fit my hand MUCH better and have a better point of aim than a Glock too.

Top Bottom