Oliver North steps down as NRA president.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I thought to vote, you’re either a life member, or an annual member for at least 5 consecutive years.
    Nope, i became a life member end of 2018 and i voted. I upgraded my membership to patron life member at the show. I also got my sheet of yes and no's to vote live at the anual meeting on initiatives.
    When i joined for life membership i straight up told them i was doing it because I wanted a voice to be able to change the stance of the NRA to NEVER COMPROMISE ONE DAMN INCH ON GUN RIGHTS!, & my goal was to help kick out Chris cox and wayne lappier.
    Time for the fudds to go. If you wanna sell ANY 2nd amendment rights away then YOU'RE FIRED!
    EkYlr0l.jpg

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I thought to vote, you’re either a life member, or an annual member for at least 5 consecutive years.
    Life or 5 consecutive years is correct...

I have volunteered at Registration for a few meetings and that is a frequent question.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hey but Bill Clinton could feel our pain, uh, well yeah except when he was numbed up.:n00b:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You've been reading too many Tom Clancy novels.

Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala are and always have been impoverished third world countries with **** poor economies and no effective militaries. They were never any threat to us. Giving terrorists in those countries arms and money didn't make America safer. Calling them "freedom fighters" doesn't make them our friends any more than it did when we were supplying arms to the mujahideen in Afghanistan, and look how that turned out. When is the US going to learn to mind its own business?

North violated the law, pure and simple. He's no patriot - he's a criminal. And even if you view North as a fine patriot, why pick him to lead a 2nd Amendment rights organization? What upside is there to picking such a polarizing figure? We couldn't find anyone qualified who didn't have a felony conviction in his past?
    I’ll bet there are at least 55 guys from a couple ODA’s who will tell you you’re wrong. Or there was a helicopter crew from the 228th Aviation Regiment that would, if they could, tell you commies are bad, and very dangerous.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://newsok.com/article/5628800/nra-sues-okc-advertisement-agency-ackerman-mcqueen
    NRA sues OKC advertising agency Ackerman McQueen

Hometown newspaper where Ackerman-McQueen is based. Rated as "Right-Center" with accuracy of reporting rated "High"

There are a lot of moving parts, here; and I don't yet see all the connections, so I'll wait for more information. But as I've said in another thread, both President and CEO of the NRA should be staffed by true believers and not opportunists

If the financial improprieties turn out to be true, they both need to go and the relationship with Ack-McQ needs a lot of sunlight. The NRA's charter as a 501c has been put at risk for no good reason (that I can see). I am uncomfortable that North apparently saw no conflict of interest in being an officer of the NRA and a paid employee of a sub-contractor. I am also seeing ink that Ackerman-McQueen was attempting to push issues that it felt strongly about rather than serving the needs of it's client in what may have been an attempt to piggy-back their advocacy on the coattails of the NRA

There is more here than meets the eye, and the quicker we get to the bottom of it the better we'll all be for it
    Perhaps that is why Col. North stepped down? He wanted to avoid any conflict of interest issues. I have actually met Col. North at a Book signing a few years ago, albeit only for a few minutes. Sometimes you can tell a lot from such a meeting and sometimes you can't. However I believe him to be an honorable man. I had let my NRA membership lapse for a few years because I was unhappy with the direction it seemed to be going. Especially with the Bump Stock thing. I also was unhappy with Trump passing the buck to the BATF and now they are considered Machine guns, which to me feels like a VERY slippery slope. Personally I think we as NRA Members should "Take Back" the NRA and force out Wayne Lapierre and perhaps a few others. Lapierre has been in his position too long just like way to many of our members of congress. The press and other liberals are never going to like the NRA so there is no sense in trying to appease by eroding our 2nd amendment freedom a little at a time to try to appear "reasonable" or however one wants to phrase it. Time to clean house and get some board members with Intestinal Fortitude a very large Testicles filled with Testosterone instead of Estrogen! WE are the NRA so lets get going and let these people know that we are not happy with what is going on, and they need to get back to representing US properly!

Cole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    I was baffled when I saw him leading the NRA. He was a player in Iran/Contra with devil-spawn GHW Bush. How in the world is covert arms sales and shipping drugs into American cities patriotic? My first thought is that he is planted in NRA by people who are anything but patriotic. I am glad he is gone. If there is corruption going on, it needs to be resolved. But I don't believe anything I hear anymore without proof from sources I trust. Someone help me understand why they consider Oliver North anything but corrupt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was baffled when I saw him leading the NRA. He was a player in Iran/Contra with devil-spawn GHW Bush. How in the world is covert arms sales and shipping drugs into American cities patriotic? My first thought is that he is planted in NRA by people who are anything but patriotic. I am glad he is gone. If there is corruption going on, it needs to be resolved. But I don't believe anything I hear anymore without proof from sources I trust. Someone help me understand why they consider Oliver North anything but corrupt.

So, since you’re saying you no longer believe things without proof, you’re saying you no longer believe Bush is the spawn of Satan, and North didn’t ship drugs to the US?

Top Bottom