• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Barrett Rec10 but I'm not on the fence about purchasing it I'm on the fence about buying stuff I never have time to play with

I don't think I'd ever seen that rifle before. Most of the time I would be dubious over "double the typical cost" of something... but it is a Barrett. Wonder if it was made by Jr or Sr?

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Arsenal SAM7...
    I have a stamped Arsenal and an NPAP... don’t have time to shoot them... do I need another AK?

I've never shot a milled AK. Does the action sound different on those? I'm thinking less tinny maybe?

I had a very clean Egyptian Maadi once. Barry's tenure brought the price up to a point I had to sell. Made a ton off it.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Sig 320 TXG Legion. My LGS had one a couple of weeks ago. It felt real nice but I can't justify it over something I already have.

Then, somebody went and posted about that DWX. The temptations just keep coming.

I love Sigs... striker DAOs, not so much. I'm definitely OtF about the 320. I'll have to find one to shoot. Would need to be a clean shooter to sway me.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    #1) DWX - Do I really want to switch platforms for my competition gun?

#2) Stribog SP9A1 - Do I really need another PCC in my collection?

That DWX is darn sexy. Price gives me twitches though. I'd have to shoot it quite a bit to give up that kinda cash.
    Capacity 19+1 with flush bases. Hmmmm, well that's a selling feature for sure.
    19e_DWX-angle-1100px.jpg

Stribog, I've been trying to get one of those for a while to test. They are very adept at ignoring my emails. It's been a couple weeks, might be time for another message.

Maybe they were on "September Vacation" that many in the industry seem to take.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I love Sigs... striker DAOs, not so much. I'm definitely OtF about the 320. I'll have to find one to shoot. Would need to be a clean shooter to sway me.

What they are doing with strkers these days....I have never been a fan of strikers. Then I tried a P10c, wow! Then I fired a PPQ. I started losing my reason to dislike them. They are getting better all the time. The 320 is every bit as good as the P10c if not a little better.

No, they'll never be a sweetly tuned 1911 SA, but they are getting a lot better than they were just a few years ago.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've never shot a milled AK. Does the action sound different on those? I'm thinking less tinny maybe?

I had a very clean Egyptian Maadi once. Barry's tenure brought the price up to a point I had to sell. Made a ton off it.
    I read somewhere that the run rental places in Vegas said they simply could not wear out the milled Arsenals...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    For me it's been the Beretta 81s in .32 ACP that have been popping up for $210 or so on a bunch of the online gun shops. If I could find one locally, there's a 95% I would just snap it up. It's the hassle and extra cost of getting it shipped to a local FFL and paying transfer fee (so like $25 in shipping, plus another $25 to $30 for transfer) has me on the fence.

No real need for the gun, other than a love of Berettas and collecting old police guns.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    For me it's been the Beretta 81s in .32 ACP that have been popping up for $210 or so on a bunch of the online gun shops. If I could find one locally, there's a 95% I would just snap it up. It's the hassle and extra cost of getting it shipped to a local FFL and paying transfer fee (so like $25 in shipping, plus another $25 to $30 for transfer) has me on the fence.

No real need for the gun, other than a love of Berettas and collecting old police guns.

I'll have to be the devil on the shoulder for this one... if you're finding them for low 200's, I'd jump on it. I've only seen them start at mid 300s on up.

Never hurts to ask if they'll do free shipping. Or ask how much shipping is, and throw this line at them:
    "Would you do free shipping if I pay your asking price, or would you come down to $X?"

As for a local FFL, it took me 2 days of calling 30-40 places, but I found a great home-based FFL that's cheaper than everywhere else.

I used Largest FFL Finder & Gun Shop database - FFL gun dealers directory to find him. Best thing is, he's willing to come out to meet me at my house or nearby.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Yearning for a Sig P365 SAS. I need to hold it in my hand to see just how the sights work.

I checked one out at Rural King. I liked the sight. Just need to try it out at a range and see how quickly you can acquire target, how steep of a learning curve there is, etc.

It would be on my list of Sigs-to-get if it wasn't for striker fire.

What they are doing with strikers these days....I have never been a fan of strikers. Then I tried a P10c, wow! Then I fired a PPQ. I started losing my reason to dislike them. They are getting better all the time. The 320 is every bit as good as the P10c if not a little better.

I just need more hands-on striker fired time, to get past my inhibitions.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm on the fence about getting a snub nose. My Shield has worked well for a lot of years, but people keep telling me that "everyone should own a snubby!"

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    I'm on the fence about getting a snub nose. My Shield has worked well for a lot of years, but people keep telling me that "everyone should own a snubby!"

When I started comparing weights for an ankle-carry backup backup, I was pretty impressed with the S&W 340PD, 12 oz, the Ruger LCR, 13.5 oz, and S&W 642, 14.4 oz.

They were all considerably lighter than what I was planning on getting, so with new info, I shelved that idea for a bit, until I could get some range time with them.

I've got a Rem RM380CT right now that I'm testing out for a review of CCW pistols, 12.2oz, but basically the same capacity as a revolver. However, slim magazines so you can carry a few easier than revolver speed-loaders. Depending on how it is on the range, I may keep it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I started comparing weights for an ankle-carry backup backup, I was pretty impressed with the S&W 340PD, 12 oz, the Ruger LCR, 13.5 oz, and S&W 642, 14.4 oz.

They were all considerably lighter than what I was planning on getting, so with new info, I shelved that idea for a bit, until I could get some range time with them.

I've got a Rem RM380CT right now that I'm testing out for a review of CCW pistols, 12.2oz, but basically the same capacity as a revolver. However, slim magazines so you can carry a few easier than revolver speed-loaders. Depending on how it is on the range, I may keep it.

I'm looking specifically at a 642.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    I'm looking specifically at a 642.

This will push you in one direction or another... hickok45
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgl8VuX0LuY

There's a 642 in Anderson could probably talk them down to High $200s- 300 even, when you show them new ones for $330

I think my personal price-point would be $200ish before I'd buy one. I have too many pistols I want in the 200-300 range before I'd spring for a low round wheel gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This will push you in one direction or another... hickok45
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgl8VuX0LuY

There's a 642 in Anderson could probably talk them down to High $200s- 300 even, when you show them new ones for $330

I think my personal price-point would be $200ish before I'd buy one. I have too many pistols I want in the 200-300 range before I'd spring for a low round wheel gun.

I'm thinking that I'd have to be around the $250 mark for me to act. But I want one without the lock so I'd consider going up to under $300.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sig 320 X-Compact. Not sure it would offer me anything over my P365, and I've not owned any Sigs besides my 365's. I have been all striker fired for years (various Glocks, and S&W Compact 2.0, etc), and really like the 365. The X-Compact feels great upon a cursory handling, but not shot one. I'm also not sure that if I ever put an optic on it that I'd be ok losing the rear sight when the cover plate is removed for the optic.

P10-C 2nd gen would be interesting as well.

That said, I don't pick up new platforms lightly as it requires significant investment, new mags, holster, usually followed by a second of the same gun, if I really like it.

If I find a way to trade into something that could be interesting, but probably would not put out net new cash for either one at this time.

Top Bottom