• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Sig 320 X-Compact. Not sure it would offer me anything over my P365, and I've not owned any Sigs besides my 365's. I have been all striker fired for years (various Glocks, and S&W Compact 2.0, etc), and really like the 365. The X-Compact feels great upon a cursory handling, but not shot one. I'm also not sure that if I ever put an optic on it that I'd be ok losing the rear sight when the cover plate is removed for the optic.

P10-C 2nd gen would be interesting as well.

If I find a way to trade into something that could be interesting, but probably would not put out net new cash for either one at this time.

Maybe a Red Dot base like this combo rear sight/plate number.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ernational-l-mount-trijicon-rmr-red-dot-base/

I've seen a lot of people mention the P10-C. (elsewhere) I wouldn't mind trying one, people seem to really like them.

CZ has been another manufacturer that has been slow to respond to emails. I need to send them a reminder.

That said, I don't pick up new platforms lightly as it requires significant investment, new mags, holster, usually followed by a second of the same gun, if I really like it.

That's why I prefer to get lightly used pieces, and allow someone else to take the depreciation hit on all the accessories.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    I have a Rec 7 and M82 so the Rec10 is just part of the collection. Built the Rec7 at Barrett a couple years ago and just love the looks and feel compared to my other ARs

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Just received a shotgun I've been On the Fence about for a while.

Rock Island Armory VBRP100
    https://armscor.com/firearms/ria-imports/shotgun-series/shotguns-mag-fed-series/vrbp-100-12ga/

Gonna put a few hundred rounds through it and see which I like better, it or the RIA VR80
    https://armscor.com/firearms/ria-imports/shotgun-series/shotguns-mag-fed-series/vr80/

Ever since I saw it, I wondered if the bullpup design would be beneficial for shotguns.

Like many BPs, it's a heavy trigger, I haven't put it on the gauge yet, and can't find a pull spec anywhere,
    but it's a darn clean and affirmative reset and basically no slack before it drops the hammer again.

I'm not planning any CQB, but I could imagine this would rule, if you had to clear a building.

RIA VBRP-100_crfor.jpg
    Cow_On_The_Fence.jpg

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    I'm looking specifically at a 642.

{These are just personal observations mixed with specifications}

In lightweight ankle-carry news, I finally did the unboxing video of the Remington RM380CT that I received for testing, so I can start evaluating IRW now.

I bought a cheapie ankle holster to see if I can tolerate the sensation of something on my leg. I wanted to test if it was (mentally) comfortable, before I sat down and made a leather ankle holster for it.

I will field-test it when I go shopping later today.

Around the house, it's not bad. I don't feel the weight, which there barely is any. The base weight of a RM380 is 12.2 oz, compared to the 642 at 14.4 oz.

The RM380 loaded weight with a Crimson Trace and 6 rounds is a 0.25 oz over 1lb. The 642, with 5 rounds, is 1lb-3oz.

Trigger pull on the RM380 is 8lb-14oz to 9lb 1oz, the 642 is rated at 12lb.

The RM380 is an inch shorter in length at 5.3", while at the same time, the barrel on the RM380 is an inch longer at 2.9" than the 642, which is 1.875".

The height of the 642 must be a closely guarded secret and required quite a bit of googling to find the first reference of 4.2" , the RM380 is 3.86". I also have a feeling the J frame handle will print a bit more on the 642 in an ankle holster.

As I said at the beginning, this is all personal, my opinion, and preferences. However, the specs have me choosing the Remington RM380CT over the S&W 642, especially when considering the 6+1rds, and ability to carry extra mags. I have an extra mag strapped in the adjustment band on the ankle holster, so I have 13rds available. At a tad under 4oz, I can see having 2 extra mags on the holster.

I used the 642 as an example, because it was my OtF backup carry I was considering, and doesn't have anything to do with Gregkl's choice.

Top Bottom