• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's been about 10 hours since I learned of the new DLT exclusive Buck 110. I'm not going to say it's not in the shopping cart, but I am holding steady and have not purchased.

I need sponsor.

Which begs the question: do I need a sponsor in the sense of a 12-step program, who offers support when faced with temptation, or do I need a sponsor who pays for my my knife acquisitions?

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Seriously, I wouldn't want to sponsor your knife buying episodes.
    I would need 3 jobs just to keep up with you.
    I have enough trouble curtail my knife buying episodes.
    I just got done having to move all my knives bayonets and other sharp/pointy items.
    I ended up with a large tote so full, I had to use a handcart.
    Now I am wondering if I need to buy another safe just for knives.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    It's been about 10 hours since I learned of the new DLT exclusive Buck 110. I'm not going to say it's not in the shopping cart, but I am holding steady and have not purchased.

I need sponsor.

Which begs the question: do I need a sponsor in the sense of a 12-step program, who offers support when faced with temptation, or do I need a sponsor who pays for my my knife acquisitions?

Yes. And Yes.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I haven't "knived" in over a year! but its hard, it takes lots of concentration, that and I need a new red dot sight for my bowling pin/steel 22 pistol!...have you seen how much a cmore railway sight costs!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    v8ATFmt.jpg

This is a nice one and has a Great Name Rhino!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey I have a $10 coupon card from DLT. I'll PM you the code if you want.

SCOUNDREL! VARLET! KNAVE! POLTROON!!!

Still holding strong . . . about two hours ago, I decided to pull the trigger on this year's DLT Buck 110, but I had to pay some bills first and doing that helped me simmer down for a while longer.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I scored 11.

And that Buck 110 is sitting in a shopping cart in another browser tab.

:faint:

And how many paper cuts from taking the test? :):

I have a few Buck knives, I'm carrying one today.Not as fancy as the 110 though.

That thing can get sharp, great for cutting tomatoes.

286BKS.1.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :faint:

And how many paper cuts from taking the test? :):

I have a few Buck knives, I'm carrying one today.Not as fancy as the 110 though.

That thing can get sharp, great for cutting tomatoes.

286BKS.1.jpg

That's a good looking knife! Buck is really good at hollow grinds, edge geometry, and heat treatment. They can extract better performance out of 420HC than a lot of other manufactures can from significantly more expensive steels.

Excuse me, I have to tend to my paper cuts. Hey . . . what's this tab I have open to DLT all about . . .

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's a good looking knife! Buck is really good at hollow grinds, edge geometry, and heat treatment. They can extract better performance out of 420HC than a lot of other manufactures can from significantly more expensive steels.

Excuse me, I have to tend to my paper cuts. Hey . . . what's this tab I have open to DLT all about . . .

It's what I read about and noticed.They don't use fancy steel but I can get that knife as sharp or sharper than other blades very easily.

It's the Buck Bantam 286 (top one), they make a whole serie of the same knife in different sizes.
    I have the second biggest one as well.
    Also the smallest keychain size one at the bottom I think.

OregonandWorkman007.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's what I read about and noticed.They don't use fancy steel but I can get that knife as sharp or sharper than other blades very easily.

It's the Buck Bantam 286 (top one), they make a whole serie of the same knife in different sizes.
    I have the second biggest one as well.
    Also the smallest keychain size one at the bottom I think.

Nice!

One of my carry knives in college and graduate school was a Buck 422, which was the original "Bucklite." It had the same blade as the Buck 112, but with a polymer handle and no frame. Here is a photo of a similar knife.

1488381747_51_386_1.jpg

Mine has a 425M stainless blade, which was what Buck used before they adopted 420HC in the 1990s. Edge holding wasn't great, but it would take an amazingly sharp edge after I reprofiled to a "zero" edge geometry. That's the little knife I used when a couple of blacksmith buddies of mine were testing a big bowie they had just finished by severing a free hanging 1" rope with it. I asked if I could try with my little Buck 422 and they laughed, but wanted to see me try and fail. I took one swipe at the rope and the piece I severed hit the ground. Very sharp, toothy edge + hand speed + proper angle = severed rope, even with a short little 3.25 inch blade.

Hey, that browser tab is still open with my DLT shopping cart . . .

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry wife had a job interview early this morning so we ( at least tried to) went to bed kinda early last night

Check your inbox, PM inbound.

Haha! I thought maybe you were teasing me because you knew I was fretting over the purchase. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Top Bottom