• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    07/05/2018 - 15:15 eastern

Officially off of the wagon! DLT's 2018 exclusive Buck 110 is now on its way to me.

Additional thank you to kawtech87!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure if I need to congratulate you or if you failled at not buying another knife.

Also leaving that random link ...

https://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Cut-Finger

Might be useful in a couple of days.

Perhaps both are in order! A victory and a failure all in one action.

Thanks for the link! It's good to know that the French have a sense of humor now that Jerry Lewis is dead (RIP, you freakin' genius!).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Perhaps both are in order! A victory and a failure all in one action.

Thanks for the link! It's good to know that the French have a sense of humor now that Jerry Lewis is dead (RIP, you freakin' genius!).

Have you ever got some free bandaids when you ordered a knife online?
    One time I ordered a knife while I was in the US and there was a few bandaids in the box.
    I thought it was hilarious.They really know their customer base. :):

Heck sometimes you even cut yourself with your own knife while opening the package which contains your new knife, before you even get a chance to cut yourself with your new knife!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Have you ever got some free bandaids when you ordered a knife online?
    One time I ordered a knife while I was in the US and there was a few bandaids in the box.
    I thought it was hilarious.They really know their customer base. :):

I have! In fact, DLT trading send a little plastic box that holds some of their adhesive bandages, so I am expecting a new supply! I think they're black!

Heck sometimes you even cut yourself with your own knife while opening the package which contains your new knife, before you even get a chance to cut yourself with your new knife!

I can neither affirm nor deny any such allegations or implications, sir.

However, if it happened, I will note that that some of that clamshell packaging is really tough to open!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It shipped USPS priority mail this afternoon, so I should have it Saturday or Monday.

Once I have some alone time with it, I'll borrow SWMBO's phone and take some glamour shots to share here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Uh-oh. Just found out they have a very similar, second 2018 exclusive, but with GREEN canvas micarta.

Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter S35VN - Limited Edition - Green Canvas Micarta

BUCK-3542__20559.1530822971.1280.1280.jpg

This model is even cooler! With no pins in the scales! Oh, worrah-worrah-worrah!

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Once I have some alone time with it, I'll borrow SWMBO's phone and take some glamour shots to share here.

I had to double-check to make sure that post was not in the other thread, about the hunter and the giraffe, that is now about rhino boners. :faint:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :bow:

It got there fast!
    How many cuts so far? :)

Zero (on flesh)!

As with most Buck 110s (and most Spydercos, any model), it sliced paper and shave very easily out of the box. Also like most sharp factory knives, the edge was polished and thus not great at slicing. I fixed that right after some paper slicing fun. It still needs a bit more work, but if this were my only folder, I'd be in good shape.

I don't know how well you can see it in the photo, but you can see the linen pattern in the Micarta really well. It's polished, but since it's Micarta it's still going to provide a superior gripping surface when wet. The nickel silver bolsters go great with the black scales too.

And now I need the green canvas Micarta version without pins in the scales. NEED IT.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It does look nice! :yesway:

How do you carry such a knife without a pocket clip? Just loose in your pocket or in some kind of leather pouch on your belt?

Or is it more like a knife that you would keep in a drawer at home?

I got used to pocket clips on my knives.Or at least a loop to be carried on a keychain if it's a small knife.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It does look nice! :yesway:

How do you carry such a knife without a pocket clip? Just loose in your pocket or in some kind of leather pouch on your belt?

Or is it more like a knife that you would keep in a drawer at home?

I got used to pocket clips on my knives.Or at least a loop to be carried on a keychain if it's a small knife.

It came with a leather belt sheath. When I've carried them, I've either carried them in a belt pouch (usually nylon aftermarket) or tucked it into my back pocket next to my wallet. They're definitely not as carry friendly as some more modern folders, or as easy to open one-handed.

Here is a photo of the belt pouch from the DLT web site. It's the classic 110-style leather belt pouch, but stitching is gray instead of black and the it has a fancier snap.

BUCK-1893__07917.1529608824.1280.1280.jpg

I think I'll get a neck "sheath" made for it, which is just a piece of kydex that will hold it by one end from a lanyard. I have a similar setup for my AdV Tac Butcher and it's very handy. Of course, I wear some kind of neck knife almost all the time.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    It came with a leather belt sheath. When I've carried them, I've either carried them in a belt pouch (usually nylon aftermarket) or tucked it into my back pocket next to my wallet. They're definitely not as carry friendly as some more modern folders, or as easy to open one-handed.

Here is a photo of the belt pouch from the DLT web site. It's the classic 110-style leather belt pouch, but stitching is gray instead of black and the it has a fancier snap.

BUCK-1893__07917.1529608824.1280.1280.jpg

I think I'll get a neck "sheath" made for it, which is just a piece of kydex that will hold it by one end from a lanyard. I have a similar setup for my AdV Tac Butcher and it's very handy. Of course, I wear some kind of neck knife almost all the time.
    I am jealous.I did pick up another 110 Hunter NOS this weekend at a Walmart in Tennessee for $34.00 ...just could not pass it up again.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Thank you, sir!

Let me suggest a Spyderco since Im a spyderco nutjob! Stop the urge buy a knife. BTW nice blade you choose!

Thank you, sir!

Spydercos are indeed awesome. Most of my EDC knives are Spydercos. My favorites are the Military, Manix 2 XL, and Endura/Delica. Few of the newer models give me that "must have" feeling, but I get weak when I see a new version of the Military with unique scales or blade steel.

I am jealous.I did pick up another 110 Hunter NOS this weekend at a Walmart in Tennessee for $34.00 ...just could not pass it up again.

Can't go wrong with that!

I had a standard 110 years ago that I bought for $30. Then I shipped it to Buck when they still offered BG-42 blade swaps. I used the crap out of that knife until I could about a millimeter of the edge all around had been worn away from use/sharpening/use/sharpening. I retired it because it can't be replaced.

Top Bottom